Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 12-23-2008, 03:30 PM

Default Blur broadheads

I was just looking at a site advertising " Blur broadheads " They are a basic 3-blade tip but the price seems a bit too good to be true. For around $30 delivered for a dozen of them I found it too good not buy them if for no other reason than to satisfy my curiosity.

Has anyone used these, and what kind of results did you have ?
Old 12-23-2008, 04:41 PM

Have not tried em or heard of them.

"If is sounds to good to be true, it probably is". A broadhead is not something I would cheap out on (not that I am suggesting that's what you are doing). Although $30 for a dozen sounds like fun in trying them out anyway so I'd go for it!
Old 12-23-2008, 06:36 PM

I'll give them a good try out on various types of material to see how they fly and hold together and so on before using them on an animal. If they do the job right on if not well at least I'll get some practice with them.

Found a link

http://www.blurbroadheads.com/
Old 12-23-2008, 10:40 PM

I don't know about those... cheap broad heads been there done that aint going back.. s

ame thing off e-bay cept they were 2 blade mechanicals no rubber band old style flip over the top with two bleeders making this broad head a 4 blader... cost.... 2 bucks for a pack of three i bought 8 packs why not at only 2 bucks a pack and about 10bucks in shipping.. well i got them... wow... thing blades.. they were sharp the plastic body wanst impressive and the chisel tip it had on was hollow and removeable YIKES..... well im glad i only paid 2 bucks a pack... they make decent gopher heads.. besides that i woouldn't have dared shooting them at a deer inconsitant accuracy and thing blades broke easy..

I Hope you have better luck on these "blur broadheads"
Old 12-25-2008, 12:23 AM

Default Sling shot with ammo in the handle

Has anyone bought this type of sling shot before that holds the amo in the handle? http://www.liangdianup.com/sporting_1.htm
this company has free shipping to anywhere in the world and they guarantee delivery to Australia. I heard that sling shots
are ok to sell in Australia as long as you say they are being used to toss bait in the water when you go fishing, any truth
to thatone?
Old 01-02-2009, 01:48 PM

They arrived. My oppinion they would make a perfect gopher broadhead. The locking system for the blades seems pretty poor. All there is is a small washer that presses over the back ends to hold them in place. It actually has to be squashed by the insert to hold them in.

Oh well, not like I dropped a pile of cash and I guess they have practice value.

I will not be using them on game.