Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-12-2014, 09:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbomber View Post
I've had white guys call me racist to though. And it's like umm I'm half white my mother is directly from Scotland. And I'm not racist I'm prejudiced, I am very prejudiced against those that don't pull their weight, whine, complain or generally act like a baby.
Rough life when you are expected to show up on time, after payday, not lip off, Etc etc. Yeah I'm a real racist.
I agree.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwm1273 View Post
I agree.
The work rules or that I'm a racist?
Old 01-12-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I work at a location, where we have a great influx of foreign workers, and where there is a great deal of pressure, to hire local aboriginal workers. I oversee aboriginal workers, oriental workers, Inuit workers, African workers, East Indian and Pakistani workers, Lebanese workers, as well as people from all over the world. Some of my best workers are from other parts of the world, just as some of them are from Canada, and it's rare,that any of those people cause any issues.

However, at the other end of the scale, the lower end workers, racism most definitely an issue, with some people claiming racism whenever they get in trouble, or when someone tries to discipline them. Whenever people get in trouble, they seem to look for excuses, or for someone else to blame, and they often resort to racism at those times, because they know how sensitive HR departments are, when racism is involved.

What exactly are you talking about when you say "lower end workers"??

You listed all those you oversee and said it's rare they cause problems and then made a reference to lower end workers using the racism card...what do you mean?
Old 01-12-2014, 10:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
The work rules or that I'm a racist?
The work rules. I find few people racist. But like you said more may be better considered to be prejudiced.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post

You listed all those you oversee and said it's rare they cause problems and then made a reference to lower end workers using the racism card...what do you mean?
Perhaps he is talking about those who use the race card to make up for their lack of work ethic.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
By lower end workers, I mean those that are lazy, or that don't like to follow the rules. These people come in all shapes, sizes and colors, and they are the people that will use whatever means they can to excuse their poor performance. Racism, is an excuse that is often used.

Quote:
I posted that my best performers are from all parts of the world, and that they don't cause problems.

You seem to be looking very hard to try and make anything that's posted, appear to be racist. People that do that, usually find racism, where there really isn't any.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
By lower end workers, I mean those that are lazy, or that don't like to follow the rules. These people come in all shapes, sizes and colors, and they are the people that will use whatever means they can to excuse their poor performance. Racism, is an excuse that is often used.

I posted that my best performers are from all parts of the world, and that they don't cause problems.

You seem to be looking very hard to try and make anything that's posted, appear to be racist. People that do that, usually find racism, where there really isn't any.
Good point.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
I've had white guys call me racist to though. And it's like umm I'm half white my mother is directly from Scotland. And I'm not racist I'm prejudiced, I am very prejudiced against those that don't pull their weight, whine, complain or generally act like a baby.
Rough life when you are expected to show up on time, after payday, not lip off, Etc etc. Yeah I'm a real racist.
Yeah. I agree with you. I myself am prejudice towards certain races. I am this way because of past negative experiences. I am not so ignorant that I don't realize each person has to be judged an an individual basis. When I was in college I was robbed at knife point by a fella of a certain race. So now, all people from that race get painted witht he same brush until an individual from the group regains my trust. Its just like another group of people that I generally find to be "cheap". (4 guys in a group bumming smokes 4 at a time at a bar that sells smokes ) I called them cheap mothers and told them get out of my face. So until I meet someone from that ethnic group that buys their own smokes and pulls their own weight money wise... they are cheapskates. I don't think its a big deal really. I paint everyone from each race with the same bruish then judge each one I come across on a individual basis. Is that racism? I might add my wife is Asian I am White. Sometimes we make racist comments back and forth to each other in good fun... Like when I tell her not to eat the dog. And she tells me not to go out in the rain cause crackers get soggy when wet. lol no hate involved just playfulness

Last edited by Burglecut83; 01-12-2014 at 10:19 AM. Reason: bad language
Old 01-12-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burglecut83 View Post
Yeah. I agree with you. I myself am prejudice towards certain races. I am this way because of past negative experiences. I am not so ignorant that I don't realize each person has to be judged an an individual basis. When I was in college I was robbed at knife point by a fella of a certain race. So now, all people from that race get painted witht he same brush until an individual from the group regains my trust. Its just like another group of people that I generally find to be "cheap". (4 guys in a group bumming smokes 4 at a time at a bar that sells smokes ) I called them cheap mothers and told them get out of my face. So until I meet someone from that ethnic group that buys their own smokes and pulls their own weight money wise... they are cheapskates. I don't think its a big deal really. I paint everyone from each race with the same bruish then judge each one I come across on a individual basis. Is that racism? I might add my wife is Asian I am White. Sometimes we make racist comments back and forth to each other in good fun... Like when I tell her not to eat the dog. And she tells me not to go out in the rain cause crackers get soggy when wet. lol no hate involved just playfulness
Yeah kind of. People are people.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:27 AM
Banned

You get any coyotes this week brown?
Old 01-12-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:

Actually no, it's just that what you posted was confusing and I was seeking clarification on what you meant. ;-)
Old 01-12-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burglecut83 View Post
I fit in the same category as you do....there is nothing wrong with some none PC jokes between friends and family. Soggy crackers, that's a good one.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:58 AM
Banned

Michael Coren and Barbara Kay discuss the challenges facing men in modern society.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/2998772658001

Not specifically about racism, but is definitely about what many men do suffer due to their sex.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:19 PM
Gone Hunting

Many many years ago, I dated a Chinese woman. Our work had a social club that put on BBQ parties etc through the year. We attended one.

We got the inspection when we walked in.

We got drinks and one of my co workers came over to chat and see if he could sniff out soemthing to use for gossip.

He started off by telling a story about another co worker. My date asked which one was the guy in question. Buddy said, " WOW! you just met him when you came in. He's the guy....blah, blah, blah. She said sorry, all you white guys look the same to me.

I think a lot of times the term 'racism ' is way overworked.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 01-12-2014, 12:21 PM
Gone Hunting

"Not specifically about racism, but is definitely about what many men do suffer due to their sex."

Did you mean "sex" or gender? Cause I know some guys who suffer due to lack of sex.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
"Not specifically about racism, but is definitely about what many men do suffer due to their sex."

Did you mean "sex" or gender? Cause I know some guys who suffer due to lack of sex.:thinking-006:
Well, some suffer doubly for being a man.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Well, some suffer doubly for being a man.

That sounds so pathetic.....

I'm sorry, it just does.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:02 PM
Banned

Quote:

Did you mean "sex" or gender? Cause I know some guys who suffer due to lack of sex.
I see mr red is married.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:04 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali#1 View Post
I see mr red is married.
And very happily. I'm enjoying a drink of Forty Creek and sorting fishing gear today.

Are you still going shopping???

Old 01-12-2014, 01:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
That sounds so pathetic.....

I'm sorry, it just does.
It was a joke.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
And very happily. I'm enjoying a drink of Forty Creek and sorting fishing gear today.

Are you still going shopping???
Finished shipping waiting to assemble.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
It was a joke.
Thank goodness.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Many many years ago, I dated a Chinese woman.
Was that back when they were still building the railroad?
Old 01-12-2014, 02:33 PM

Default Wrong so wrong

Now that is wrong on so many levels in today's world
But it took 15 mins to compose myself enough to type this .

That is funny .....
Old 01-12-2014, 11:45 PM
Banned

hahahahah