Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-11-2014, 12:45 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali#1 View Post
What about their mothers loving them ?
I've heard tales of doctors slapping mommas when they gave birth to some babies.

I've also heard of kids running amok with a pork chop tied to their neck to get the dog to play with them

Or kids with restricted access to the sandbox, cause the cats kept trying to bury them.

Not everyone is lovable.

How often do you hear " Aww he's so ugly, he's cute." ?

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 01-11-2014, 01:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gust View Post
Uhhhh, Uhmmmm, errrrrrr?????
Gus, Look up the Battle of Wien.

Central Europe was in pretty bad shape at that time. No?
Old 01-11-2014, 01:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
Gus, Look up the Battle of Wien.

Central Europe was in pretty bad shape at that time. No?
And this has directly affected you how?
Old 01-11-2014, 01:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
And this has directly affected you how?
The stories of the Ottoman Empire have filtered down in my family even after they moved to Alberta.

From the handbook for indfidels:

http://www.handbookforinfidels.com/P...f_Vienna_3.jpg

My family has always liked guns, lots of guns.

Gus. What were those feathers for?

Last edited by greylynx; 01-11-2014 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
The stories of the Ottoman Empire have filtered down in my family even after they moved to Alberta.

From the handbook for indfidels:

http://www.handbookforinfidels.com/P...f_Vienna_3.jpg
And you can't get a job? I don't get where you're coming from???

I thought your descendants were Polish, so I figured that you'd hold more resentment towards Russia/Austria/Germany/Hungary and even France.

Anyways, this is my last post on AO. Better forums out there to do with fishing and the outdoors than this place.

Adios
Old 01-11-2014, 01:31 PM
Banned

Quote:

I thought your descendants were Polish, so I figured that you'd hold more resentment towards Russia/Austria/Germany/Hungary and even France.

Anyways, this is my last post on AO. Better forums out there to do with fishing and the outdoors than this place.

Adios
Gus. you forgot the Prussians and Scandinavians? They were good guys too.

Boy you do not like anyone. What about those nice British people that took you and your family in before you came to Canada.

God Bless the Queen.

and Scotland, Ireland and Wales.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Banned

Bye Gust.

Who Has Seen the Wind?
Who has seen the wind?
Neither I nor you:
But when the leaves hang trembling,
The wind is passing through.

Who has seen the wind?
Neither you nor I:
But when the trees bow down their heads,
The wind is passing by.

Christina Rosetti

Get it...Gust/Wind. I kill me.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:27 PM

Location: 3rd rock from the sun, formerly from 4th rock from the sun
Talking

Pffft I just don't like everyone equally
Old 01-11-2014, 02:46 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:

Adios
Aw c'mon Gust, stick around, please. C'mon you know you want to. what will we do with you gone?? C'mon please.

Oh nevermind. Buh Bye.

Old 01-11-2014, 03:04 PM

Default Don't go

Pls don't go....at the very least ,tell your friend where your going ..

And you raise a good point , I can't seem to find as far as Hunting and Fishing

Forums go a better one .....probably my lack of net savvy .

Now is this the cough medicine talking ...
Old 01-11-2014, 03:10 PM
Banned

Gus will be back.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:13 PM
Banned

Why is it that people on the right side of the political spectrum only see racism when it's against white people ? I'm not saying racism is cool or acceptable to or against anybody, I'm just trying to figure out why my friends on the right only see it one way?.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:22 PM
Banned

Default Bye - Bye !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gust View Post

Anyways, this is my last post on ao. Better forums out there to do with fishing and the outdoors than this place.

Adios

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Bye Gust.

Who Has Seen the Wind?
Who has seen the wind?
Neither I nor you:
But when the leaves hang trembling,
The wind is passing through.

Who has seen the wind?
Neither you nor I:
But when the trees bow down their heads,
The wind is passing by.

Get it...Gust/Wind. I kill me.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Why is it that people on the right side of the political spectrum only see racism when it's against white people ? I'm not saying racism is cool or acceptable to or against anybody, I'm just trying to figure out why my friends on the right only see it one way?.
It's not that those people only see racism against white people, but rather that they acknowledge that racism can occur against white people. There are many people that refuse to believe that racism can even exist against white people. I myself want every single Canadian to be equal under our laws, but many people that gain an advantage from the racism built into our Canadian laws, don't want that to happen.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:38 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
It's not that those people only see racism against white people, but rather that they acknowledge that racism can occur against white people. There are many people that refuse to believe that racism can even exist against white people. I myself want every single Canadian to be equal under our laws, but many people that gain an advantage from the racism built into our Canadian laws, don't want that to happen.
Yep!

Old 01-11-2014, 03:38 PM

Quote:
I agree...also I am white and have been subject to racism when I worked up North in Cambridge Bay.

LC
Old 01-11-2014, 03:42 PM
Banned

Default racism

I am prejudice. Im not scared to admit it. Im White racism works both ways. Ive experienced it while overseas. Whatever not really a big deal in my opinion. Good for some laughs from time to time too.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Sure racism can occur against white people nobody is denying that. I just happen to notice my friends here only post articles when white people are the target, if someone else (natives) posts something they are told to get over it and suck it up, look at the recent thread about hobbema changing it name for example.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:06 PM

Quote:
I just happen to notice my friends here only post articles when white people are the target,
Are you trying to say that all of your friends are racist? If they are really your friends, perhaps you should take this up with them in person? Perhaps you need to choose different friends.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Are you trying to say that all of your friends are racist? If they are really your friends, perhaps you should take this up with them in person? Perhaps you need to choose different friends.
Not all of my friends. I'm just noticing a pattern where the only racism anybody notices happens to be against white people. I guess you could call it a bias.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Not all of my friends. I'm just noticing a pattern where the only racism anybody notices happens to be against white people. I guess you could call it a bias.
It might just be that people are so conditioned to hearing about complaints of racism against anyone that isn't white, that they don't pay much attention to it anymore, but when someone mentions racism against a white person, it gets their attention.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:09 PM

In real society I've noticed people becoming conditioned to accusations of racism. It just doesn't shock anymore. I think it's sad that then it marginalizes real actual racism.
On the AO forum if I say had started a thread about racism against natives I would be inundated with replies of get over it, get a job etc. The white thread? Pretty tame. I couldn't see myself starting a poor me thread anyway.
But I guess it's a fair question to ask those concerned about racism against whites, are you as concerned about racism against natives Asians etc? Not saying the subject of discriminated whites which is real and actually quite common isn't important. I think it sucks, I hate it.
What I'm trying to illustrate is something that isn't fair is a lot easier to see and feel when it's against you.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
It might just be that people are so conditioned to hearing about complaints of racism against anyone that isn't white, that they don't pay much attention to it anymore, but when someone mentions racism against a white person, it gets their attention.
It's possible never thought of it that way before.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yup. How many times on here have we seen someone quick with the click as soon as someone mentions anything to do with race. Right away it's "bigoted Albertan rednecks", "I'd expect nothing less on AO" etc etc. Does a great disservice to ACTUAL incidents of racism when they occur...and yes racism does still occur regardless of color, nobody is denying that.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbomber View Post
In real society I've noticed people becoming conditioned to accusations of racism. It just doesn't shock anymore. I think it's sad that then it marginalizes real actual racism.
On the AO forum if I say had started a thread about racism against natives I would be inundated with replies of get over it, get a job etc. The white thread? Pretty tame. I couldn't see myself starting a poor me thread anyway.
But I guess it's a fair question to ask those concerned about racism against whites, are you as concerned about racism against natives Asians etc? Not saying the subject of discriminated whites which is real and actually quite common isn't important. I think it sucks, I hate it.
What I'm trying to illustrate is something that isn't fair is a lot easier to see and feel when it's against you.
I agree with this post.

I have minority friends and have seen racism first hand that I haven't experienced myself as a white male. It unfortunate that the most vocal about a subject always gets the most attention.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yup. How many times on here have we seen someone quick with the click as soon as someone mentions anything to do with race. Right away it's "bigoted Albertan rednecks", "I'd expect nothing less on AO" etc etc. Does a great disservice to ACTUAL incidents of racism when they occur...and yes racism does still occur regardless of color, nobody is denying that.
Racism happens against all races but I will go out on a limb and say it effects white people the least. I'm a white male between 30-40 and I don't feel held back what so ever because of my skin colour, it has never stopped me from climbing the ladder or travelling etc.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:22 PM
Banned

Quote:

Adios
Gus

Remember you are in Alberta. All those folks you hate built this province long before you came here.

Also, Alberta is not some Ontario ghetto where hatred is a political tool. A place where dividing people makes certain classes of people very rich.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali#1 View Post
Racism happens against all races but I will go out on a limb and say it effects white people the least. I'm a white male between 30-40 and I don't feel held back what so ever because of my skin colour, it has never stopped me from climbing the ladder or travelling etc.
I agree with you. Here in Alberta/Canada white males are the majority and have in the past typically been the power wielders.

To me, it doesn't matter who or why a differentiation is being made on how to treat a person based on skin color or gender. Everyone should be treated equal.

Frankly, if I was a minority I'd be the most peeved about affirmative action. You've just put a question mark over everyone's head about why they have the job they have. Merit or affirmative action?
Old 01-11-2014, 05:35 PM

Racism against white folks? Yup - under the guise of affirmative action.

Year ago I worked for my Dad and his partner. As their business was thriving and growing they wanted to hire a couple more people, so they talked to government employment agencies about funding help for training. They were told they could hire any white folks they wanted to - after hiring a certain number of 'minorities'. Sad to say, but nobody got a job - and that's because no minorities applied!

I experienced it myself back when I was a young feller. I wanted to get into a particular line of work, did very well on tests, but didn't get hired. When I asked why - and found out my test results were considerably better than those who were hired, I was basically told I was the wrong colour

Oh well, there was lots of other opportunity so I went in a few different directions over the years and have been blessed to enjoy a lot of different 'careers' - and met a lot of great people along the way.

I remember a friend from years ago who was a person of colour (although I do believe white is a colour too!) saying, "we all bleed the same colour!"
Old 01-11-2014, 05:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
I agree with you. Here in Alberta/Canada white males are the majority and have in the past typically been the power wielders.

To me, it doesn't matter who or why a differentiation is being made on how to treat a person based on skin color or gender. Everyone should be treated equal.

Frankly, if I was a minority I'd be the most peeved about affirmative action. You've just put a question mark over everyone's head about why they have the job they have. Merit or affirmative action?
I agree.

I face affirmative action sometimes at work (I work for the city) but there are ways around it. I don't agree with affirmative action but I understand why it's there.