Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-15-2013, 11:10 AM

Default Purolator.....brutal.

So I ordered my Wife X-Mas gift.....a pair of riding boots from the UK that are brokered by a company in Canada.

They are shipped and we are tracking things....then the notice says "delivered to reception"

So a little confused as our home has no actual reception....I don't think I could put up with two women running the show here....

My wife thinks well maybe they dropped them at my work? Apparently the Purolator guy knows my wife....her and I still have to discuss this...

So I stop by her work as she was home sick....and she was actually home sick and 3 feet from the front door on the day and time they say they delivered....no package, it was never left there.

So she calls to trace it....they say well it has been delivered did you look out your front door? She says yes...and we have 3 dogs so if anyone comes within 100 yards of the door they bark. Oh we'll we have to do a trace and will call you.....no call....she calls back, where is my package? Is it out your front door? NO....well it says it was delivered??? she tells them she knows it says that but it isn't here and the driver never showed up on the date and time that was recorded in "the system". Oh and why was it delivered to reception....this is a residence not a business??....oh that's what all our notices say, not sure why??!

So she waits another day and calls back....they ask, is it out your front door??? NO IT'S NOT for F sakes!!!!

Oh we'll we have to call the driver to see if he remembers it....why didn't they do that in the first place? I bet the driver dropped it at the wrong house and then who knows where it went??

....hopefully we can get reimbursed for it not arriving as those riding boots from the UK are not the price of flip flops....

So the package can make it to the delivery truck in Edmonton from the UK but apparently the trip from the depot on the truck to my home is the toughest leg if the trip!

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 12-15-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:20 AM

Default Irish boots??

I was at Spruce meadows over three weekends in November and the booth next to our clubs booth was selling the Irish made Boots that were all about half the cost of a good SAkO!
100% water proof and nice but pricey, they did not have my size, ah too bad I know.
If these are the kind you might be looking for I think she was out of Calgary. might be able to find the contact?
Or just go buy the wife a good SAKO, that way you win both ways.
Merry Xmas, Lefty
Old 12-15-2013, 11:25 AM

After finding a $2500 pair of Bino's on the doorstep and a $1300 longbow propped up against the door I don't use any couriers unless there is no other way.
Another time I had a tracking notice saying the parcel was here, but it wasn't. As I was talking to the courier office, Customer service I hear a vehicle stop out front and a guy is sneaking up the walkway. It was the Courier driver with the package in his personal truck. He didn't finish the route so he scanned the cargo as delivered and then did the delivery on his own time, at 10 PM. He sure was shocked when he set it quietly on the step , turned to leave, and I opened the door.
He wasn't to pleased in taking the cell phone and talking to his company's customer service rep.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgesmith View Post
I was at Spruce meadows over three weekends in November and the booth next to our clubs booth was selling the Irish made Boots that were all about half the cost of a good SAkO!
100% water proof and nice but pricey, they did not have my size, ah too bad I know.
If these are the kind you might be looking for I think she was out of Calgary. might be able to find the contact?
Or just go buy the wife a good SAKO, that way you win both ways.
Merry Xmas, Lefty
LOL, I think the brand on them is Dublin or something....good guess on the Irish thing!!

Merry Xmas to you too!

LC
Old 12-15-2013, 11:32 AM
Banned

I used to be a big proponent of internet shopping, but the delivery quality has been sliding off into the abyss lately. No wonder Bezos is thinking of using drones to do deliveries.

Just had an order from amazon dropped off...literally. No footprints in the dusting of snow...looks like about a 20 foot toss onto the front deck. ANd don't get me started on UPS.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:33 AM

They're all about the same. I have a sign on my front door "All courier deliveries..Rear door please!" as we live on a corner lot and never use the front door. I don't recall a single courier ever delivering to the back door.

Bought a flyrod on clearance from an online outfit. Paid for the rod and thought $25 was pretty damn reasonable for shipping, didn't notice until too late that they use UPS for shipping. Am now waitin' to see how much Brown is gonna charge for brokerage and handling before I decide whether or not to refuse delivery.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
I used to be a big proponent of internet shopping, but the delivery quality has been sliding off into the abyss lately. No wonder Bezos is thinking of using drones to do deliveries.

Just had an order from amazon dropped off...literally. No footprints in the dusting of snow...looks like about a 20 foot toss onto the front deck. ANd don't get me started on UPS.
No, they use foreign workers from Japan. They are all trained ninjas, that's why you don't ever see them but the card or package ends up on the doorstep. Not much work in Japan for ninjas these days dontcha know.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:38 AM

What do you expect? Purolator is owned by Canada Post.

Grizz
Old 12-15-2013, 11:54 AM

Lefty, did you look out your front door?
Old 12-15-2013, 12:04 PM

Lefty,
Try this link. Last time I had a problem she fixed it quick.
Purlator watchs posts on AO

Catherine Côté
Social Media Coordinator /Customer CareTeam
Coordonatrice - Médias Sociaux / Équipe d'Assistance à la Clientèle
Purolator Inc.
E-mail / Courriel : customer.care@purolator.com

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 12-15-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_dave View Post
Lefty, did you look out your front door?
Oh man....I should have though of that! I'll check....

LC
Old 12-15-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcmm View Post
Lefty,
Try this link. Last time I had a problem she fixed it quick.
Purlator watchs posts on AO

Catherine Côté
Social Media Coordinator /Customer CareTeam
Coordonatrice - Médias Sociaux / Équipe d'Assistance à la Clientèle
Purolator Inc.
E-mail / Courriel : customer.care@purolator.com
I remember she replied to my thread last summer.
Old 12-15-2013, 12:55 PM

Well I guess we should give our neighbours down the street a shipping and handling fee....doorbell just rang and the neighbours got our parcel, they were out of town a few days and it got nice and rained on and froze to their step!

Thanks Purolator! ....for nothing....

LC
Old 12-15-2013, 01:02 PM

The title of this thread is now even more fitting.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:32 PM
Banned

Glad that you got your parcel Lefty. Do they have the same street number as you by any chance? I became good friends with an elderly lady one street away from us who has the same house number as us. She used to call and say that she was the postlady and she had mail for me.....lol. It hasn't happened for awhile now so I'm thinking that the folks at the Post Office finally got things sorted out.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Glad that you got your parcel Lefty. Do they have the same street number as you by any chance? I became good friends with an elderly lady one street away from us who has the same house number as us. She used to call and say that she was the postlady and she had mail for me.....lol. It hasn't happened for awhile now so I'm thinking that the folks at the Post Office finally got things sorted out.
Lol no not this neighbour but last year I delivered so much mail to another neighbour a street over she gave me a Xmas card!

Canada post delivery in this town sucks too!

LC
Old 12-15-2013, 02:18 PM

Location: 3rd rock from the sun, formerly from 4th rock from the sun

delivery from any company seems to be lacking lately.....
I had to go to the post office to pick up a package, apparently if you are on your driveway and say hi to the mailman he'll still put the notice in your mailbox saying no one was home to sign for a delivery
Old 12-15-2013, 02:24 PM

I buy almost exclusively online, my courier of choice Canada Post or USPS which then turns package over to Canada post. I never, ever, deal with the issues brought out here, but it's not cool to support Canada Post. lolol Enjoy the decline.

Thomas Sowell
Old 12-15-2013, 02:35 PM

Most of my Canada Post interactions have been great...the issue is the mail carrier can't distinguish between 45st and 46st and a vastly different postal code....so the postal box stuffer needs to study her numbers better.

Purolator apparently once they fill in the delivery status as "delivered to reception" wash their hands because it got delivered!....apparently it can get delivered anywhere though, the CORRECT delivery address is not needed.

LC
Old 12-15-2013, 03:03 PM

Location: 3rd rock from the sun, formerly from 4th rock from the sun
Smile

Most of my Canada Post shipments are fine, UPS and FED X well that's another story altogether
Every now and then depending on the postman we have had some isuues though, stepping in my flower beds on perrenials to reach the mailbox etc but they seem to have put that one out to pasture or something cause he's finally gone
Old 12-15-2013, 03:11 PM

Default No worries with deliveries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Lol no not this neighbour but last year I delivered so much mail to another neighbour a street over she gave me a Xmas card!

Canada post delivery in this town sucks too!

LC
I know you all heard how Canada post dealt with delivery problems... Did away with delivery altogether. Crown corporation at work again,
Old 12-15-2013, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I buy almost exclusively online, my courier of choice Canada Post or USPS which then turns package over to Canada post. I never, ever, deal with the issues brought out here, but it's not cool to support Canada Post. lolol Enjoy the decline.

I concur!
Dodger.
Old 12-15-2013, 03:17 PM
Banned

I'm having a run in with purolator as we speak. My rifle is apparently on a truck in Calgary. But the tracking shows it still in sorting office in Toronto. Despite it being sent by a method requiring signatures every time it changes hands along the way. It was supposed to come on Friday. But due to the terrible storms in alberta it's delayed. I guess I slept through these storms, as it was only mailed on Tuesday and it's been great weather all week.
This thread tells my tale. http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...0-Oh-purolator

But in contrast ups in Cochrane are great, all because our delivery driver Derrick is a great guy. He always checks if I'm home, then if not he takes it to my girl's work for me.

My canada post lady however is a joke, she never even attempts to deliver. Then rexall are taking 3 days before they allow you to collect the parcels.
Old 12-15-2013, 05:49 PM

I will take Canada Post oover Fed Ex any day. Package has been sitting in Edmonton since Monday night. Apparently they can not deliver in the snow. Offered to go pick it up but cant do that either. It is not located at a pick up depot. Managed to get it from Pittsburg to Edmonton in 2 days but so far in a week cant deliver to Fort Sask.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well I guess we should give our neighbours down the street a shipping and handling fee....doorbell just rang and the neighbours got our parcel, they were out of town a few days and it got nice and rained on and froze to their step!

Thanks Purolator! ....for nothing....

LC
See....they "were"at the front door after all....

Merry Christmas LC.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:17 PM

they will be along shortly

I am sure they google purolator daily and check for complaints. \good of them to be reactive at least.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-15-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
they will be along shortly

I am sure they google purolator daily and check for complaints. \good of them to be reactive at least.
You're very subdued big fella. Did your week of having grandbaby over, tire you out??

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 12-15-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotensis View Post
You're very subdued big fella. Did your week of having grandbaby over, tire you out??
He left a week ago, more likely the emergency open heart surgery flying trips to hospitals and plowing snow did me in.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-16-2013, 03:21 PM

Default Purolator Help

Quote:
So I ordered my Wife X-Mas gift.....a pair of riding boots from the UK that are brokered by a company in Canada.

They are shipped and we are tracking things....then the notice says "delivered to reception"

So a little confused as our home has no actual reception....I don't think I could put up with two women running the show here....

My wife thinks well maybe they dropped them at my work? Apparently the Purolator guy knows my wife....her and I still have to discuss this...

So I stop by her work as she was home sick....and she was actually home sick and 3 feet from the front door on the day and time they say they delivered....no package, it was never left there.

So she calls to trace it....they say well it has been delivered did you look out your front door? She says yes...and we have 3 dogs so if anyone comes within 100 yards of the door they bark. Oh we'll we have to do a trace and will call you.....no call....she calls back, where is my package? Is it out your front door? NO....well it says it was delivered??? she tells them she knows it says that but it isn't here and the driver never showed up on the date and time that was recorded in "the system". Oh and why was it delivered to reception....this is a residence not a business??....oh that's what all our notices say, not sure why??!

So she waits another day and calls back....they ask, is it out your front door??? NO IT'S NOT for F sakes!!!!

Oh we'll we have to call the driver to see if he remembers it....why didn't they do that in the first place? I bet the driver dropped it at the wrong house and then who knows where it went??

....hopefully we can get reimbursed for it not arriving as those riding boots from the UK are not the price of flip flops....

So the package can make it to the delivery truck in Edmonton from the UK but apparently the trip from the depot on the truck to my home is the toughest leg if the trip!

LC
Hi Lefty-Canuck,

I’m very sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience with our services.

Did we already follow up with you regarding this trace file? Please feel free to contact me at customer.care@purolator.com if you require further assistance or have any questions, I’ll look into this for you.

Thank you,

Catherine
Customer CareTeam/ Purolator Inc.
E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com / Twitter Handle: @PurolatorHelp
Old 12-16-2013, 03:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurolatorHelp View Post
Hi Lefty-Canuck,

I’m very sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience with our services.

Did we already follow up with you regarding this trace file? Please feel free to contact me at customer.care@purolator.com if you require further assistance or have any questions, I’ll look into this for you.

Thank you,

Catherine
Customer CareTeam/ Purolator Inc.
E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com / Twitter Handle: @PurolatorHelp
My package is still apparently on a truck and I'm ever so lucky that it's only going to take you guys another 48 hours just to unpack the truck to see if it's there.

Just a shame the tracking doesn't even show it's left the sorting office.

What exactly is the point of hand to hand tracking if you just don't bother?