Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 01-08-2009, 12:10 PM

Thumbs up xforce omen

pse released a new bow at the ata show 33.5 ata 5.5 bh 366 fps.this should set the record striaght on the who builds the fastest bows period
Old 01-09-2009, 01:56 AM

Interesting for sure...Wonder what it shoots like? I have had the opportunity to shoot alot of new bows, pse x force, apa mamba x1 &2 and viper, mathews Drenalin, bear truth, and high country speed force to name a few...

I found with PSE the faster you go the more Torquey the bow was in my hand, and very brutal to shoot. Not like the mathews or apa or high country...

Personally I am unbiased I have a cardiac and love it...not a speedbow (280fps avg). I wouldn't personally sacrifice comfort for speed. Anything with an IBO speed over 310 is darn fast IMO.

Accuracy kills, not speed.

Phil
"If it gobbles, quacks, bugles or grunts, chances are I’ve chased it more than a time or two. Droppin’ the hammer and closin’ the coffin on anything with antlers, feathers or fur just never gets old."
Micheal Waddell....... just a cool cat IMO

"there is more fun in hunting with the handi cap of a bow than the sureness of a gun."
Fred Bear........ probobly the greatest hunter to ever live, definately the most respected.

Last edited by cardiacphil; 01-09-2009 at 05:06 AM.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolait View Post
pse released a new bow at the ata show 33.5 ata 5.5 bh 366 fps.this should set the record striaght on the who builds the fastest bows period
Quote:
5.5 bh
Speed comes at the expense of what you put into it......5.5 BH is getting very low indeed. You better not be shooting with loose/bulky clothing like you would wear in an AB winter. That cam appears to have a steep draw force curve before it rolls over too...

Maybe it's a good shooter but it doesn't make we want to own one for hunting.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolait View Post
As with every PSE i have ever shot they claim that the speed is there but it never seems to be there.

sure they are fast still but not as fast as what they claim in the advertisements
Old 01-09-2009, 04:25 PM

I tell ya what...I am sure Glad that PSE beat Mathews in the race for speed...I would hate for mathews to have the fastest bow...hahahaha
"If it gobbles, quacks, bugles or grunts, chances are I’ve chased it more than a time or two. Droppin’ the hammer and closin’ the coffin on anything with antlers, feathers or fur just never gets old."

"there is more fun in hunting with the handi cap of a bow than the sureness of a gun."
Fred Bear........ probobly the greatest hunter to ever live, definately the most respected.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:01 PM

Thumbs up pse speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav View Post
As with every PSE i have ever shot they claim that the speed is there but it never seems to be there.

sure they are fast still but not as fast as what they claim in the advertisements
trav i could make a time for you or anyone who is into it to meet at the calgary archery centre and test the speeds on all my pse sales sample bows.i am sure you would be impressed all the specs are bang on .
Old 01-14-2009, 10:55 PM

Im gonna go test shoot this ugly thing tomorrow for craps and giggles.. let you know what "I" think of it....... gonna go look for my arm guard now lol
Old 01-15-2009, 05:20 AM

HAHAHA...yeah its not the nicest lookin by a far stretch....munyee where are you going to test shoot it??? are shops already getting them in??

LOL I would love to shoot it, compared to the APA mamba x1...

Old 01-15-2009, 06:03 PM

Default Pse omen

The Omen won't be available until July according to the PSE press release. I've shot all the other 2009 bowsseveral weeks back and they are very impressive. The new GX cam is 80% let-off compared to the 60% for the HF cam. PSE made some very good improvements and now all the Pro-series bows comes with a string stopper which improves the shot quality quite abit. These bows are super quite and very very fast. I think they are one of the only bow companies who get quite close to there IBO speeds given that they stay within the AMO standards for draw length. I think I'm going back to the X-force this year. If the Omen comes out before July I may go with it though.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:21 PM

Munyee...what did you think of it???first impressions?

Old 01-15-2009, 08:46 PM

Well unfortuantle turns out the PSE rep didn't have the Omen to test out i did how ever test out the 2009 line up such as the all the bow madness series......x force gx... x force dream season...x force treestand...shark x..and the x force super short.

Didn't really like the draw on these bows.. still a little agressive for my liking my ross draws much smoother

I did how ever did like the super short as its made awsome for women its short light weight and shoots awsome at low poundage such as 45lbs the draw is smooth and very forgiving and shoots arrows at smokiing speeds.. We chroned the one there set at 27" at 44lbs 260fps with 320grain arrows!! Any women seriously interested in hunting this is the bow to do it! Im actually highly considering getting this for my gf.