Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 12-26-2008, 11:20 PM

Default Arrow Removal

Just wondering if there is anyway to make removal from my new 3d deer target easier. I mean it was sh@*y to get the arrows out. I was just shooting field points. I wonder if the colder weather makes it harder to take out. So far I have only shoot 3 arrows into it and the have all been in the replaceable vitals pull out section. My buddy has a little Delta target and we were able to pull out the arrows with one hand(but this was in summer).

Any recommendations as to a special field point or something like that, or maybe I shouldn't shoot unless I am 30 or more yards away.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabers Best View Post
Just wondering if there is anyway to make removal from my new 3d deer target easier. I mean it was sh@*y to get the arrows out. I was just shooting field points. I wonder if the colder weather makes it harder to take out. So far I have only shoot 3 arrows into it and the have all been in the replaceable vitals pull out section. My buddy has a little Delta target and we were able to pull out the arrows with one hand(but this was in summer).

Any recommendations as to a special field point or something like that, or maybe I shouldn't shoot unless I am 30 or more yards away.
yes shooting in cold weather makes the arrows harder to pull out for sure.
I would go get yourself some woody's arrow lube and lube the first 3 inches behind the point should help drastically. the woody's lube will allow you to shoot prob 5-10 times with each arrow before needing to relube. If you cannot find any of this go to the shower and get some Ivory bar soap, needs to be ivory the others just dont work. you will have to rub it on every shot but they will come out easier.
If that does not work for you I have seen guys spray their arrows 3-4 inches with Pam or spray canola oil.

Hope this helps
I would try to find the woody's before to long tho
Old 12-27-2008, 12:15 AM

Stay away from the scorpion snot - that crap get all over everything.

Just ask Trav.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:54 AM
ogopogoman

Are you using a rubber arrow puller and they are still hard to remove? I bought mine from three rivers archery and it's lasted a long time and cheap as heck.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:03 AM

Pretty new to archery,so these are new to me products. I will look into them. Thanks to all.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:04 AM
2430M

Quote:
Pretty new to archery,so these are new to me products. I will look into them. Thanks to all.
I had to google it too LOL

Thanks for the tip ogopogo...and for the question Taber
Old 12-27-2008, 09:20 AM
ogopogoman

no sweat..they are cheap..like 6 or 7 bucks or so...not to sure who carries them here in AB, I'm still making a list of Archery/hunting shops...lol...they should be easy to find though...
I have an extra one I could mail out to you if you want Taber?
Old 12-27-2008, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogopogoman View Post
no sweat..they are cheap..like 6 or 7 bucks or so...not to sure who carries them here in AB, I'm still making a list of Archery/hunting shops...lol...they should be easy to find though...
I have an extra one I could mail out to you if you want Taber?
My brother in lloyd at his shop has them. 306-825-4102 jodi-lee archery
www.jodi-leearchery.com

Last edited by Trav; 12-27-2008 at 10:01 PM. Reason: forgot website
Old 12-27-2008, 12:39 PM
ogopogoman

..There ya go...great info Trav
Old 12-31-2008, 01:12 PM

Went to Lane Archery in Lethbridge and they had both the Woody's Arrow Lube and Arrow pullers. Took the deer target out today and wow what a difference those two items made. Even when I put an arrow into the body outside of the replaceable part, I was able to get it out a lot easier.

Thanks for the help boys I had a lot more fun today than I did without those 2 items.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Went to Lane Archery in Lethbridge and they had both the Woody's Arrow Lube and Arrow pullers. Took the deer target out today and wow what a difference those two items made. Even when I put an arrow into the body outside of the replaceable part, I was able to get it out a lot easier.

Thanks for the help boys I had a lot more fun today than I did without those 2 items.
your welcome

maybe one day we will meet at a 3d tourney. I usually have on an APA staff shooter shirt with Travis on the sleeve.

Travis
Old 01-02-2009, 08:21 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav View Post
your welcome

maybe one day we will meet at a 3d tourney. I usually have on an APA staff shooter shirt with Travis on the sleeve.

Travis
If I can get good enough to go to one, I will remember to look you up, but I need to do some more practising first!!! I like it a lot though.

Thanks
Old 01-02-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
If I can get good enough to go to one, I will remember to look you up, but I need to do some more practising first!!! I like it a lot though.

Thanks
no worries about being good enough. does not matter how well you shoot your bow, we are there to have fun. I am thinking I am going to head to lethbridge on the 17th 18th for there shoot it is a fun way to meet people and just get out and shoot some arrows. Everyone gets to have fun and shoot. awesome time for the whole family
Old 01-02-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav View Post
no worries about being good enough. does not matter how well you shoot your bow, we are there to have fun. I am thinking I am going to head to lethbridge on the 17th 18th for there shoot it is a fun way to meet people and just get out and shoot some arrows. Everyone gets to have fun and shoot. awesome time for the whole family
Sounds cool. ^^

Took the wife to Lane archery today and we set up her bow today. We also brought a SABA membership. They told us about some shoots coming up. Sounds like fun I will PM you if we go or you can PM me if you are going.

I think that I got bit by the Archery bug bad.

I brought a stabilizer today. Seems cool. But we made a little adjustment to my sights today after installing. Seemed that I was a little left. Grouped good and consistantley but a little left. Now it will be better.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Sounds cool. ^^

Took the wife to Lane archery today and we set up her bow today. We also brought a SABA membership. They told us about some shoots coming up. Sounds like fun I will PM you if we go or you can PM me if you are going.

I think that I got bit by the Archery bug bad.

I brought a stabilizer today. Seems cool. But we made a little adjustment to my sights today after installing. Seemed that I was a little left. Grouped good and consistantley but a little left. Now it will be better.
sounds good