Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-16-2013, 03:38 PM

Default Purolator is Joke!

Glad Lefty's neighbours did what Purolator should have done in the first place, delivered the dang package as what was promised when hired. The depot in Cold Lake is an absolute mess, they won't even answer the phone anymore due to complaints. Doesn't Purolator have a standards committee? I've seen folks sorting through boxes on their own looking for lost packages. I agree with other ops, it's Canada Post or USPS only for me. I hope every courier company goes under due to incompetence. Merry Christmas to all, and to all couriers good riddance!
Old 12-16-2013, 04:52 PM

Purolator is owned by Canada Post.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurolatorHelp View Post
Hi Lefty-Canuck,

I’m very sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience with our services.

Did we already follow up with you regarding this trace file? Please feel free to contact me at customer.care@purolator.com if you require further assistance or have any questions, I’ll look into this for you.

Thank you,

Catherine
Customer CareTeam/ Purolator Inc.
E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com / Twitter Handle: @PurolatorHelp
No no follow up at all....we initiated ALL communications and sat in a queue on hold many times, to be told to go look out our front door multiple times....do you think we might have thought of that on our own?

I guess we were the fools because we actually did go look multiple times knowing it wasn't there....

You know why it wasn't there?? Because it was delivered to THE WRONG PLACE. Thankfully we have good honest neighbours who found the package soggy and FROZEN to their front step, because they were out of town a few days. They were nice enough to deliver it and we were lucky the product wasn't damaged.

Maybe if you guys would do want to you get paid to do, you wouldn't have to google search angry customers on various forums? To try and salvage a situation....

LC
Old 12-16-2013, 08:59 PM
Banned

Ugh. So the ignorant cow from purolator left me a snotty voicemail, her tone was like it's my fault they are useless and have over commited themselves.
Apparently they have 20 trucks still to unload in Calgary. They have no idea if my rifle is on them or not.
If it is it's been in a damp and cold truck for 6 days now.
Don't worry, it's not like it was a custom order that took years to arrive.

I'm seriously doubting I'll even see it this week the way it's going.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:10 PM
Banned

Wonder how much better the service will get once Canada post is fazed out.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:08 PM

Ok so I actually work at purolator and have been both on the dock loading and unloading trucks and a courier for them. A few simple points I would LOVE to point out about delivery. Just like canada post is busy during the christmas rush, so are we. We are behind and are working to catch up. I know for a fact edmonton is pulling out all the stops to have everything done in time for christmas. If theres a large storm somewhere on the way, the trucks maybe delayed. Also another HUGE thing people do not realize is that unless you tell the company or person sending you a item through Purolator, it is sent as OSNR. Which means owner signature not required, so we will just leave the package on the step, in the mailbox, a window well or somewhere out of the way where you can get it. When I was driving if there was a note for the backdoor or behind the gate, I would try to do it. But if I had a OSNR and I was at the house and there is snow, lots of ice or I could not get to the door, no way in hell would I be breaking a bone to drop that off. Not all of us there are slacking off or not caring about someone's package. Hopefully everyones issues get solved and arrive in good order.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmi07 View Post
Ok so I actually work at purolator and have been both on the dock loading and unloading trucks and a courier for them. A few simple points I would LOVE to point out about delivery. Just like canada post is busy during the christmas rush, so are we. We are behind and are working to catch up. I know for a fact edmonton is pulling out all the stops to have everything done in time for christmas. If theres a large storm somewhere on the way, the trucks maybe delayed. Also another HUGE thing people do not realize is that unless you tell the company or person sending you a item through Purolator, it is sent as OSNR. Which means owner signature not required, so we will just leave the package on the step, in the mailbox, a window well or somewhere out of the way where you can get it. When I was driving if there was a note for the backdoor or behind the gate, I would try to do it. But if I had a OSNR and I was at the house and there is snow, lots of ice or I could not get to the door, no way in hell would I be breaking a bone to drop that off. Not all of us there are slacking off or not caring about someone's package. Hopefully everyones issues get solved and arrive in good order.
I appreciate the note.

How do you explain a delivery to the wrong address? Basically Purolator and the shipper were ready to go to loss prevention....then my neighbours came home to find the parcel frozen to their step. I can appreciate that a driver can make a mistake, BUT when the system said delivered....as it was delivered just to the wrong place...they kept asking my wife to check the front door.

Then at the very end they said they would reach the driver to find out...that would be my first step. We got the parcel so I don't want to beat this one to death, but we got it because the neighbours opened it...they thought it was a gift from their kids overseas, and it almost got wrapped and put under their tree!

LC
Old 12-17-2013, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
No no follow up at all....we initiated ALL communications and sat in a queue on hold many times, to be told to go look out our front door multiple times....do you think we might have thought of that on our own?

I guess we were the fools because we actually did go look multiple times knowing it wasn't there....

You know why it wasn't there?? Because it was delivered to THE WRONG PLACE. Thankfully we have good honest neighbours who found the package soggy and FROZEN to their front step, because they were out of town a few days. They were nice enough to deliver it and we were lucky the product wasn't damaged.

Maybe if you guys would do want to you get paid to do, you wouldn't have to google search angry customers on various forums? To try and salvage a situation....

LC
A quick search points out that this isn't the first time they've come on here trying to do damage control either...

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 12-17-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Lol no not this neighbour but last year I delivered so much mail to another neighbour a street over she gave me a Xmas card!

Canada post delivery in this town sucks too!

LC

It's freaking atrocious!!! Evidently differentiating between 60 Street and 62 Street is a real tough skill to catch onto, and we run at an approximate 80% rate of success. So, 1 out of every 5 items of mail, that we know of anyways, is misdelivered one way or the other, sometimes both ways on the same day. Wonder if it has anything to do with lack of daylight, as they deliver to our box most days around 6:00 pm, although I have even seen them later.

I did however have a very pleasant surprise yesterday. I had my first ever hand delivered parcel, with signature, to my doorstep from Canada Post in the almost 5 years I've lived here. Doorbell rang, and holy cr@p there she was, holding a new rifle bought off cgn. Normally the "attempted delivery" slip is just crammed into my mailbox with the rest of the junk mail, newspaper, etc…

Not sure if you have the same issue or not Kris (maybe we share the same contractor, I'm guessing yes), that d@mn Country Asides newspaper is going into that cubbyhole one way or another. God forbid you aren't home for 2 days, or you receive an extra amount of normal that day, whatever is in there is going to get compacted into the back of the cubby when she crams that paper in there.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:28 AM
Banned

Did you guys know if you stick a lable on the inside of your mail box door saying "no junk mail" they by law can't give you the unaddressed crap.

Ironically, since doing that, the only junk mail I've got was a letter from Canada post saying how to opt back into getting the junk mail. Erm, get the hint, I doubt I want to opt back into receiving your rubbish.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:35 AM

Quote:

So a little confused as our home has no actual reception....I don't think I could put up with two women running the show here....
LC
Okay, you need to take a second and just realize what you're giving up on here.

Quote:

My wife thinks well maybe they dropped them at my work? Apparently the Purolator guy knows my wife....her and I still have to discuss this...

LC
If you want buddy I can have the occasional plane or helicopter fly over your house to check for a truck.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:59 AM

Yah the good old Beaumont mail delivery...one thing is they unite the community because you get to meet all sorts of neighbours as you deliver their or they deliver your mail!

Yes I think they have tried to teach them origami to get all the things in the mailbox...unfortunately they have only been taught to make balls of paper.

LC
Old 12-17-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Racks View Post
Okay, you need to take a second and just realize what you're giving up on here.

If you want buddy I can have the occasional plane or helicopter fly over your house to check for a truck.
Finally someone got my jokes!

LC
Old 12-17-2013, 09:22 AM

Fair enough I suppose kimmi, but how do you rationalise dropping a package off at the wrong address? Can't blame that on the Christmas rush.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L. View Post
Fair enough I suppose kimmi, but how do you rationalise dropping a package off at the wrong address? Can't blame that on the Christmas rush.
it's not really fair enough, they shouldn't be accepting new deliveries with guaranteed delivery dates if they know they are so backlogged they won't be able to meet their deadlines. they should be honest from the start and say it will take XX days longer than normal.
accepting money, for a service you know you can't deliver is getting pretty close to fraud.
my package was 2 day guaranteed, by day 2 they admitted they had been backlogged for a week. so when they accepted it they already knew it wasn't going to happen.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L. View Post
Ya the driver dropped the ball on that one, that I will say. Lol. I actually have done that myself once but it was right after a huge snowstorm and it was two snowblowers, exactly the same just going to different people. Still I went back the couple streets and switched it to the right one lol. This is also why if I am shipping ANYTHING with us, I make it signature required, unless its going to my hometown.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:49 PM

Purolator guy screwed up my online order in the April. same story, the notice said "delivered to reception" but we didn't see anything. What happend was that Purolator guy deliver my package to worng house. My home address is 1172 and Purolator guy deliver it to 1112 (btw, the 1172 is printed not handwritten)
Luckily, I have a honest neighbor who deliver the package to my home himself.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:51 PM
Banned

so my package is apparently "on the truck for delivery" since 0811 this morning..
its now nearly 1700..
who wants to bet me it doesn't come today?
I'm sure ill soon see "attempted delivery, no one home" despite the fact I've been home all day long.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:12 AM

Quote:
So I ordered my Wife X-Mas gift.....a pair of riding boots from the UK that are brokered by a company in Canada.

They are shipped and we are tracking things....then the notice says "delivered to reception"

So a little confused as our home has no actual reception....I don't think I could put up with two women running the show here....

My wife thinks well maybe they dropped them at my work? Apparently the Purolator guy knows my wife....her and I still have to discuss this...

So I stop by her work as she was home sick....and she was actually home sick and 3 feet from the front door on the day and time they say they delivered....no package, it was never left there.

So she calls to trace it....they say well it has been delivered did you look out your front door? She says yes...and we have 3 dogs so if anyone comes within 100 yards of the door they bark. Oh we'll we have to do a trace and will call you.....no call....she calls back, where is my package? Is it out your front door? NO....well it says it was delivered??? she tells them she knows it says that but it isn't here and the driver never showed up on the date and time that was recorded in "the system". Oh and why was it delivered to reception....this is a residence not a business??....oh that's what all our notices say, not sure why??!

So she waits another day and calls back....they ask, is it out your front door??? NO IT'S NOT for F sakes!!!!

Oh we'll we have to call the driver to see if he remembers it....why didn't they do that in the first place? I bet the driver dropped it at the wrong house and then who knows where it went??

....hopefully we can get reimbursed for it not arriving as those riding boots from the UK are not the price of flip flops....

So the package can make it to the delivery truck in Edmonton from the UK but apparently the trip from the depot on the truck to my home is the toughest leg if the trip!

LC

Hello LC,

Please let me apologize for this frustrating experience that you encountered with this package. I’m very sorry for any issues this may have caused.

We would like to look into this further for you. Can you please e-mail the tracking number to customer.care@purolator.com?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Julie
Customer Care, Purolator Inc.
Tel: (888) 744-7123
www.purolator.com

Follow us on Twitter
http://twitter.com/purolatorhelp
Old 01-13-2014, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurolatorHelp View Post
Hello LC,

Please let me apologize for this frustrating experience that you encountered with this package. I’m very sorry for any issues this may have caused.

We would like to look into this further for you. Can you please e-mail the tracking number to customer.care@purolator.com?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Julie
Customer Care, Purolator Inc.
Tel: (888) 744-7123
www.purolator.com

Follow us on Twitter
http://twitter.com/purolatorhelp
It's a month later.
How is Purolator going to help?
Someone needs to give their head a shake. Have a bucket handy to catch it when it falls off.

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 01-13-2014, 10:03 AM

While we're heaping on "praise":

Perhaps Purolator would like to explain why, without informing the recipients, they decided to stop household delivery in Ponoka. I had a number of Christmas presents end up at the brand new, unannounced, Purolator desk hidden in the back of the Sears depot.

When someone is paying for quick, to-door, delivery, diverting their packages leaving them to try and guess where they ended up is awfully sleazy. All the worse when the 800 number leaves you on hold FOR OVER AN HOUR before disconnecting you.

I won't even bother with my rant over some absolutely destroyed packages c/o Purolator from this summer.

Guess we know which shipping service to avoid in the future.

PS. UPS service over the holidays was fantastic.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotensis View Post
It's a month later.
Someone needs to give their head a shake. Have a bucket handy to catch it when it falls off.
I'll send Purolator my neighbours name and number and they can give her a paycheck for completing what the driver should have....

LC
Old 01-13-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
It's a month later.
This is the second post from Purolator in this thread trying to do damage control...

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 01-13-2014, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
This is the second post from Purolator in this thread trying to do damage control...
The autobot army is trying....

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 01-13-2014, 11:24 AM

Talking

Quote:
The autobot army is trying....
No, that would be the Decepticons

Old 01-13-2014, 11:37 AM

We tried purolator out here. We set up an account for our business, and asked if being located 1 mile out of town would be a problem. They took our address, and said no problem.
We make an order, and wait. Call the salesman and he said it went out right away. Call purolator, and they say "we'll call you back." They call back and say "The driver says wrong address." Why are we only finding this out now, days later, after WE inquire? Tell them its the right address, and they say it will ship out tomorrow.
Get a call next day "That address is in a non delivery zone"
Have to drive in to Reddeer, farther than where I ordered parts from, to pick it up.
Cancelled Purolator account that day.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:40 AM

Hey, how do they have time to search the internet forums for complaints, but can't call me to say the driver couldn't find my address?