Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-27-2015, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-R-Huntin View Post
Calgary fans crack me up ! Making all this noise about how McDavid isn't all that good or how Edmonton will ruin him! Keep it coming I need a good chuckle once in a while. Oh ya when you get more than one cup we can talk . Hell even Tampa and Anaheim have one!
How many Oilers fans does it take to change a lightbulb?
None. They just sitting around talking about how great it was winning hockey games 30 years ago. Anyway, there is no denying McDavid's skill. Or Eberle, or Hall, or Nugent Hopkins, or Yakupov.....will one more talented forward take the team from bottom 3 finish to the top? Doubtful. He's going to be fine, probably amazing in time, but the Oilers don't lack skill up front as it is. No, they have much deeper lacks, starting with the front office and working your way back. Now, go polish all those dusty old rings. As McDavid said, the Oilers have a very historic history. As in, ancient history.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 06-27-2015, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
None. They just sitting around talking about how great it was winning hockey games 30 years ago. Anyway, there is no denying McDavid's skill. Or Eberle, or Hall, or Nugent Hopkins, or Yakupov.....will one more talented forward take the team from bottom 3 finish to the top? Doubtful. He's going to be fine, probably amazing in time, but the Oilers don't lack skill up front as it is. No, they have much deeper lacks, starting with the front office and working your way back. Now, go polish all those dusty old rings. As McDavid said, the Oilers have a very historic history. As in, ancient history.
Ahhh.....but at least theres history right? Ill take a history of success from eons ago over a lifetime of mediocre play and horrible uniforms any day if the week. I understand its just the calgary inferiority complex kicking in and all, but the whiny baby routine wears thin sometimes.
Old 06-27-2015, 04:17 PM
Banned

McJesus is correct.

The only people peeing their pants about him is the Edmonton Sports writers who have to.

Edmonton is a City of Losers.
Old 06-27-2015, 04:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
McJesus is correct.

The only people peeing their pants about him is the Edmonton Sports writers who have to.

Edmonton is a City of Losers.
Old 06-27-2015, 04:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Old 06-27-2015, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildside2014 View Post
Ahhh.....but at least theres history right? Ill take a history of success from eons ago over a lifetime of mediocre play and horrible uniforms any day if the week. I understand its just the calgary inferiority complex kicking in and all, but the whiny baby routine wears thin sometimes.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 06-27-2015, 04:32 PM

Why is anyone even talking about the oilers? Anyone in their right mind knows the Sabres are the next big thing. Let's go Buffalo!
Old 06-27-2015, 04:59 PM

Anyone buy Nationgear T's? I am thinking of getting the Sad Since '07 one. Or the lottery numbers one. Need to represent.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Some flame fans and media are just as out of touch with reality. I was listening to Calgary sports radio and the talking head compared the flames 60th pick in the draft to Mcdavid saying he is very comparable player!!!!!! And that duggie Hamilton is the best defence man in the league. Similarities to Bobby Orr. I watched a lot of Bruins games and he is good but wow! I am thinking he will take giordanos spot because Burke won't give him 9 mil per year. The pizza mans son didn't have anything do do with that trade, it was classic Brian Burke. They also stated that Calgary has the best top four defence pairing in the league. What about Chicago!!!!! Oilers fans are over critical of their team and flamer fans like to blow sugar where the sun don't shine.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pullings View Post
Why is anyone even talking about the oilers?
Obviously its because of their rich and glorious history!
Old 06-27-2015, 06:51 PM

If they can keep Lowe and McTavish away from the players, the ice, the coaches, the.....well, just give 'em some Rexall drug stores to manage, and keep 'em the heck away from anything to do with pucks or sticks, and the team may have a chance.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1978 View Post
They also stated that Calgary has the best top four defence pairing in the league. What about Chicago!!!!!
I don't know which top four is better, but if you had to choose between Keith, Seabrook, Oduya, and N.H. or Gio, Brodie, Hamilton, and Wideman/Russel, its not an obvious choice and a case could be made for either.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I don't know which top four is better, but if you had to choose between Keith, Seabrook, Oduya, and N.H. or Gio, Brodie, Hamilton, and Wideman/Russel, its not an obvious choice and a case could be made for either.
I will go with the cup winners over the flames. I bet Burke makes another move yet. He wants to get bigger, especially on defense. Oilers did well in my opinion by getting rhienhart but time will tell.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Most unbelievable post on the whole forum. This is a no brainer. I'm not a fan of either team, but saying the flames d is as good as the hawks d is ludicrous.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:21 PM
Banned

Knock knock knock...Hey bb356..open the front door..
Old 06-27-2015, 08:49 PM

What a way to ruin the draft for him, getting picked first is supposed to be a reason to celebrate, but the whole experience is ruined for him, by being sent to Edmonton.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntwat View Post
Most unbelievable post on the whole forum. This is a no brainer. I'm not a fan of either team, but saying the flames d is as good as the hawks d is ludicrous.
Don't bother looking at facts or stats, obviously your opinion overrides such things.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:22 PM

I heard the shames had a wine testing yesterday. Took all day cause all they had is one cup.
Sit back
Pour yourself a tea

Watch us "sportsmen" attack each other and destroy ourselves from within.

From road hunters vs "real hunters" to bowhunters vs rifle hunters, long bows and recurves vs compound user to bow vs crossbow to white hunters vs Native hunters etc etc etc

Enjoy the easy ride, anti hunters. Strange to me why we seem to be doing your job for you.

Excuse me while I go puke.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntwat View Post
X2!!!!!

Big mouth don't make a big man-John Wayne
Old 06-27-2015, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1797 View Post
X2!!!!!
I'm amazed at how little some of you "fans" seem to know about hockey. As a whole, the Flames D is considerably deeper than the Hawks, its no question, thats a big reason as to why they mainly only played two D lines during the playoffs. The only thing thats debatable is the comparison between the top four. I'm also curious as to the apparent blind bias, why not compare some stats, read some comments on the TSN/NHL/SportsNet webpages, etc.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Oatey View Post
I heard the shames had a wine testing yesterday. Took all day cause all they had is one cup.
You guys should probably focus on still being a playoff contender come November before calling out other teams.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Oatey View Post
So just how many cups has Edmonton won in the current century?
Old 06-27-2015, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So just how many cups has Edmonton won in the current century?
Same as the flames.

Flames fans used to be somewhat humble. You would swear they won a cup latley by the way some talk.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:18 PM

Quote:
I'm amazed at how little some of you "fans" seem to know about hockey. As a whole, the Flames D is considerably deeper than the Hawks, its no question, thats a big reason as to why they mainly only played two D lines during the playoffs. The only thing thats debatable is the comparison between the top four. I'm also curious as to the apparent blind bias, why not compare some stats, read some comments on the TSN/NHL/SportsNet webpages, etc.
The flames have a better 5 and 6 but who cares. Chicago just showed you don't really need them. Go on the tsn/nhl/sportsnet webpages and see if any of those guys would pick giordano and Hamilton over seabrook and Keith. I think I would go with part of team canada. Even oduya and hjalmarsson are clutch playoff defencemen. Stats are just numbers but these guys have rings. And people really don't know hockey if you think any team in the nhl can ruin mcdavid....the oilers need a few more parts but the centre position is looking good. And cam talbot helps in net.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:19 PM

I don't get the Alberta fan rivalry. My growing up, the closest city was Edmonton. Naturally I cheered them on to support locally. If Edmonton got knocked out or never made the playoffs, I cheered for Calgary. Both being from the same province, it only made sense to support my province. I believe I am the only one to think this way. Most people are love and hate.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:20 PM

The kid will get to play in the NHL, is this not the ultimate goal? Edmonton might not be the first choice but that is what a first pick means. Good on him and hopefully he can earn/work his way to where he wants to be.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:22 PM

Quote:
You guys should probably focus on still being a playoff contender come November before calling out other teams.
"If you're not first you're last" -everyone

How many people remember the teams that got eliminated in the second round last year?
Old 06-27-2015, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1978 View Post
Same as the flames.

Flames fans used to be somewhat humble. You would swear they won a cup latley by the way some talk.
At least Calgary doesn't have the stupid city of champions signs. Bragging is bad enough if you have a reason to brag.
Old 06-27-2015, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
At least Calgary doesn't have the stupid city of champions signs. Bragging is bad enough if you have a reason to brag.
Whats stupid about the signs (that have already been removed)???

Are you so far out of reach that you dont actually understand where that slogan came from? That slogan was to celebrate the response to the 87' tornado in edmonton. If youre going to poke fun or call out a community building slogan that helps its current and former edmontonians respect what happened on that day then just keep it to yourself

Last edited by wildside2014; 06-27-2015 at 11:32 PM.
Old 06-28-2015, 06:55 AM

Can't we all just agree that the leafs suck?