Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-16-2017, 12:01 AM
Banned

twisted- the p500rsib is napoleons most popular bbq. It's significantly better then the lex which is made in china. The prestige series with napoleon is canadian made. I've recently seen a p500rsib going for less then Amazon locally in edmonton.

For those on a tight budget a lex isnt bad as napoleon has the best warranty out there.

In regards to the guy saying saber is awesome.. they are great bbqs but they smoke a lot. May as well get a bbq smoker.

I enjoy my louisiana grill.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:33 AM

After years of being dissatisfied with cheap bbqs I purchased a Weber. Very pleased with it as it cooked evenly and had enough heat that I could used it during the winter. Would be nice to have a larger warming rack on it though. Needed a new bbq for the cottage so moved the Weber there and purchased a Napoleon Lex for the house. The Lex gets hotter and keeps the heat in better but it does not cook as evenly as the Weber. You must rotate the food on the grill. The Lex has a few more features that I haven't used. I am happy with both units so far.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2017, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3illy View Post
twisted- the p500rsib is napoleons most popular bbq. It's significantly better then the lex which is made in china. The prestige series with napoleon is canadian made. I've recently seen a p500rsib going for less then Amazon locally in edmonton.

For those on a tight budget a lex isnt bad as napoleon has the best warranty out there.
Thanks for the info, I thought all Napoleon grills were made in Canada, didn't realize the lower line up was from China! The way of the world I guess... I did know I could buy one a bit cheaper in Edmonton, but the cost of picking it up there, or shipping to GP, would ultimately cost me more then dropped at my door by Amazon, and warranty is still the same.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-16-2017, 12:55 PM

We picked up a Weber Genesis probably 10 years ago now and use it regularly throughout the summer, especially.

I think Oki mentioned this already, but we keep a cover on it religiously and it's still going strong. Got in on sale at either HomeDepot or one of those big box stores at the end of the season and got a smoking deal.

Right around this time of year should be the perfect time to buy if you're looking for one. Should be plenty of sales out there.

Happy grilling!
Old 08-27-2017, 08:05 PM

Broil King
Old 08-27-2017, 08:15 PM

Well, we have had the napoleon for a week or so now, used it 4 times. The wife loves it, I'm very impressed with quality. Took me almost 3 beers to put it together, pictographs with no text?? Anyway, it was a good purchase. Looked at some Webers at Home Depot today, and it is similar quality but seems more expensive for similar size and features?

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone