Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-16-2014, 09:47 PM

Default Browning BPS

I know I may be roasted for this on here but if it helps anyone in the future it's worth it
...So I've been water fowling with my new this fall bps 12g using 3.5" shells... No problems... Went to shoot skeet with a friend and was using 2 3/4" shells and wouldn't ya know it I could load 3 of them into the magazine ( that's a problem) 1 too many!!! I went home tore through my box that it came in and no plug went in the browning website and it says right in the manual every browning bps comes with a plug to comply with the waterfowl 3 shot limit.. Off I went to wholesale where I got it and they guy said not all of the guns come with one .... He went into the back and looked through a bunch and some had them and some didn't... So just a heads up double check your gun when you buy it! Lesson learned ... I should have picked up on it when I cleaned my gun after buying it.... I guess I was a little too eager !!
Old 10-16-2014, 10:24 PM

werid.. mine came with the plug installed.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:04 PM

WOW! Every shotgun I think I have ever looked at that had not been taken apart before had a plug in it!
I do recall making a plug out of a stick for one of the guys a few years back however, seemed he took it out when he had the gun apart and forgot to put it back in!!
Old 10-17-2014, 08:52 AM

The guy at wholesale was nice enough to give me a plug out of a gun that he claimed was the same as mine I didn't agree but it was free ( I did ask if it was a plug that would accommodate 2 3/4" up to 3 1/2" shells and keeping it legal ----2 in the tube-- he said yes) home I went put it in.... Only 2 - 2 3/4" in the tube only 2 -3" but 1- 3 1/2" so it's been cut to fit, tested, and now legal... So after this gong show... Where do you go for guns and dealing with guns stuff in Calgary with knowledgable people ...( Don't tell me WSS)