Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-14-2019, 07:19 PM

Being its the the case that he's been convicted previously in Canada then who gives a hoot what China does to him? I'd sooner they do off the cretin if he's peddling that stuff, there is absolutely no benefit whatsoever and nothing but many trails of misery linked to those drugs. There is zero need to attempt any negotiations to save this recidivist, if anything we should say a formal "Thanks, China!" and send a catering tray to the execution officials. Perhaps offer to pay for the electricity or bullets?

For the execution, jam him full of bamboo and feed him to the Pandas (also live-streamed)

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada...K0c?ocid=ientp

Last edited by CaberTosser; 01-14-2019 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-14-2019, 07:41 PM

We need to be thankful that China isn't sending us a bill for cleaning up our problems...
Old 01-14-2019, 08:03 PM

I think he knew the rules and risks and thought he would never get caught.
A thirty cent bullet will make sure his dealing days are over..........forever.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:18 PM

I've heard that executions in China often coincide with when a wealthy person with matching blood type, etc needs for an organ for transplant....

Reduce, recycle, re-use!
Old 01-14-2019, 08:46 PM

Darwin award winner....went there to do something he could get executed for if he got caught.......and he got caught. He's on his own far as I'm concerned.
Old 01-15-2019, 05:03 AM

Guy screwed up...should have been a terrorist...then Trudeau would be doing back flips to get him back home (and probably give him 10 million).
Old 01-15-2019, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
This is what Canada needs to start doing with fentanyl dealers and terrorists!
X2, instead we have powder puff laws written by bleeding hearts so we don't trample on the rights of scum bags

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:02 AM

The fact that this guy was in China and trafficking drugs yet again after having been convicted and sentenced here at home twice
is quite revealing about the failure that our own justice system is. Had he received longer sentences, had the time served been less pleasant, etc, he should not have been free to travel there and get tied up in this in the first place. In my earlier post there was a link with some quotes from the judge who was releasing him, the judge sounded kind of tough by what he was saying. The thing is that judge still let this fellow out and also has some culpability in what has happened due to that.

Canada’s ‘justice’ system creates recidivists like this, what do the ‘it’s not their fault’ crowd really expect?

Following release, drug dealers and weapons traffickers should have their passports permanently revoked, unless they originally hail from somewhere else and then they should be forcibly returned there. The welcome mat cannot be abused. We should not allow our convicts to represent Canada in this way on the world stage.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
The fact that this guy was in China and trafficking drugs yet again after having been convicted and sentenced here at home twice
is quite revealing about the failure that our own justice system is. Had he received longer sentences, had the time served been less pleasant, etc, he should not have been free to travel there and get tied up in this in the first place. In my earlier post there was a link with some quotes from the judge who was releasing him, the judge sounded kind of tough by what he was saying. The thing is that judge still let this fellow out and also has some culpability in what has happened due to that.

Canada’s ‘justice’ system creates recidivists like this, what do the ‘it’s not their fault’ crowd really expect?

Following release, drug dealers and weapons traffickers should have their passports permanently revoked, unless they originally hail from somewhere else and then they should be forcibly returned there. The welcome mat cannot be abused. We should not allow our convicts to represent Canada in this way on the world stage.
Gotta wonder how the Australians , where the drugs were destined, feel about this ? Maybe Trudeau should apologize for the conduct of one of our countrymen ?

Grizz
Old 08-10-2021, 06:29 PM

Default Repeat offender, drug smuggler losing an appeal?

We need judges like this.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-58141758
Quote:
China: Canadian citizen loses appeal against death penalty
By Suranjana Tewari BBC News

The court said it upheld Robert Lloyd Schellenberg's sentence because evidence against him was "sufficient".

Schellenberg was initially sentenced to 15 years in jail, but in 2019 an appeal court said this was too lenient, leading to a retrial and a death sentence.

The verdict comes as relations between Canada and China remain fraught.

The Canadian ambassador to China, Dominic Barton, condemned the Chinese court's ruling, saying it was "no coincidence" that the verdict was released while an extradition battle involving senior Huawei executive Meng Wanzhou was ongoing in Canada.

Ms Meng, the daughter of the founder of the Chinese telecoms company, is currently detained in Canada on a US warrant.

Canada had earlier accused China of conducting "hostage diplomacy", though Beijing denies the cases are linked.

Schellenberg was detained in 2014 and charged with planning to smuggle almost 500lb (227kg) of methamphetamine from China to Australia.

He denies the charges, and said he went to China as a tourist.

In November 2018, he was sentenced to 15 years in jail.

But a few days later, Canada detained Meng Wanzhou, a senior executive at Chinese tech giant Huawei, on a US extradition warrant.

China at the time warned of unspecified consequences unless Ms Meng was released.

Schellenberg later appealed against the 15-year prison term, but instead of reducing his sentence, judges ruled that his previous sentence had been too light and instead sentenced him to death.

At his hearing, the judges said that evidence proved he was more seriously involved in international drug smuggling.

At the time, Zhang Dongshuo, Schellenberg's lawyer, told Reuters that the sentence should not have been increased because no new evidence was presented at the trial.

Another high-profile case involving a Canadian citizen is expected to be handed down by a Chinese court later this week.

Michael Spavor, a businessman accused of espionage, was arrested in China two years ago along with fellow Canadian and former diplomat Michael Kovrig. Their detentions came days after Canada detained Ms Meng.

In March, the trial of Mr Spavor, lasting just two hours in the northern Chinese city of Dandong, ended with no verdict.

Canadian diplomats including the charge d'affaires to China were denied entry to the court.

At the time, Canada's Prime Minister Justin Trudeau called the closed-door proceedings "completely unacceptable".

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 08-10-2021, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post
Even if the guy is a scumbag, you're OK with obvious political interference in a death penalty case?
Old 08-10-2021, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Being its the the case that he's been convicted previously in Canada then who gives a hoot what China does to him? I'd sooner they do off the cretin if he's peddling that stuff, there is absolutely no benefit whatsoever and nothing but many trails of misery linked to those drugs. There is zero need to attempt any negotiations to save this recidivist, if anything we should say a formal "Thanks, China!" and send a catering tray to the execution officials. Perhaps offer to pay for the electricity or bullets?

For the execution, jam him full of bamboo and feed him to the Pandas (also live-streamed)

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada...K0c?ocid=ientp
Wow, talk about ready to cast the first stone, Mr. Holier that Thou!
Old 08-10-2021, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
Even if the guy is a scumbag, you're OK with obvious political interference in a death penalty case?
I agree. Regardless of Chinese law the case shouldn’t be politicized (wishful thinking no doubt). You’d have to be a fool to travel to China right now. There is no rule of law in that country.
Old 08-11-2021, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Flyguy View Post
Wow, talk about ready to cast the first stone, Mr. Holier that Thou!
Yup. I’m as clean as a whistle and that piece of excrement was trying to murder people for profit, so I take that really poor attempt at an insult as a compliment. Anyone pushing that quantity of that kind of dope has a lot of death on his hands. Aside from the dead junkies, consider the amount of human misery and theft is involved with the end use of a few hundred kg of fentanyl. How many robberies, muggings, B&E’s, car thefts, car prowlings, stolen bikes, etc does it take for addicts to commit against decent people to afford that much fentanyl? How many honest people are robbed to pay for that crap? How much does it cost the taxpayers to keep sending ambulances to save the addicts who commit suicide-by-OD a few times a week, only to be saved by EMT’s who are suffering burnout from the ultimate futility of their efforts? How many good people who need ambulances wind up waiting, suffering and even dying due to junkies taking up so many crews and creating wait times? Damned rights I’m holier than that selfish, soulless, drug-peddling, mass murderer (do an opioid death-count check in your nation of choice, it’s called an opioid crisis for a reason).

Schellenberg was convicted repeatedly in Canada in what we can safely assume were fair trials, and were it not for our crappy sentencing regime here perhaps he’d not have reoffended internationally? Or perhaps he’s just that stupid that no measures a Canadian court could ever possibly impose would change his ways. His own epic stupidity has found the cure & good riddance, he won’t get to participate in anyone’s murder ever again. I hate the totalitarian and genocidal Chinese gov’t, but on this Schellenberg issue I find myself in the unusual position of agreeing with them.
Old 08-11-2021, 04:43 AM

It's from Wikipedia so accuracy may be in question but...
Robert Lloyd Schellenberg (born 1982) is a Canadian citizen[6] and grew up in Abbotsford, British Columbia. Schellenberg had been jailed twice in Canada for drug possession, and had been arrested a total of 11 times for drug offences and driving under influence before being arrested in China. According to 2012 court documents, Schellenberg had previously suffered from a femoral injury at work, and began to use pain medications to relieve pain and became addicted. In 2010, Schellenberg was sentenced to "one year in prison and two years' probation" for trafficking and transporting drugs. In 2012, Schellenberg was sentenced to two years in prison for drug-related offenses including for trafficking purposes.[7][8] His father stopped supporting him since he was in prison, but some other relatives still supported him. When Schellenberg was released from prison in 2013, his whereabouts were unknown.[9] According to his aunt, Schellenberg "used earnings from working in Alberta’s oil fields to pay for his travels in Asia".[10]
Unquote

As noted elsewhere a sterling example of the effectiveness of the Canadian Justice system.
Going to China for a better deal?
Darwinian selection in action
Old 08-11-2021, 06:14 AM

Quote:

Agree 100%. Couldn't have said it better.
Old 08-11-2021, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Well he is a previously convicted drug trafficker. There would be no political interference in this case if he didn't try to smuggle drugs out of China. He should be given the Darwin Award for that. Pays your money, takes ur chances.
Old 08-11-2021, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI 6.5 View Post
Well he is a previously convicted drug trafficker. There would be no political interference in this case if he didn't try to smuggle drugs out of China. He should be given the Darwin Award for that. Pays your money, takes ur chances.
I'm not defending the guy or what he did, but China upgraded his penalty to death after the Meng Wanzhou fiasco started. Did the judge weigh the evidence of the case, or do what his commie masters told him to? Someone said Canada needs judges like that, I would strongly disagree.
Old 08-11-2021, 08:15 AM

Take a hard look at your kids , grand kids. Beautiful young people that could have died or had their lives destroyed by this guy. A BAD drug trafficer.
If no one has the guts and keeps using him as a political pawn , fly me to China and i'll stick a round between his eyes.
Old 08-11-2021, 08:23 AM

Quote:
I'm not defending the guy or what he did, but China upgraded his penalty to death after the Meng Wanzhou fiasco started. Did the judge weigh the evidence of the case, or do what his commie masters told him to? Someone said Canada needs judges like that, I would strongly disagree.
Of course it's politically motivated, would you expect anything different from China given their track record? All the more reason not try to smuggle drugs out of the country.
Old 08-11-2021, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI 6.5 View Post
Of course it's politically motivated, would you expect anything different from China given their track record? All the more reason not try to smuggle drugs out of the country.
I'm not disagreeing with you, but having a "yes man" as a judge on a death penalty case is nothing to admire.
Old 08-11-2021, 08:35 AM

Might not agree with their government and policies . but do like the way they treat drug dealers/traffickers.
Old 08-11-2021, 08:40 AM

Exclamation No sympathy for drug smugglers

Quote:
I'm not suggesting that we need further political interference of the judiciary in Canuckistan.
Simply that when someone decides to commit criminal acts in a thoroughly corrupt third world communist totalitarian dictatorship, I no longer have any sympathy for their plight.

I have stated before that we need less violent criminals and I no longer care how it happens; I feel the same way about opioid and chemical drug smugglers and their distribution networks.

ETA- the judge that presided over this case was obviously taking orders from his political masters...not unlike some recent cases here in Canuckistan. We haven't done anything to stop it from happening again, why should we expect China to be any different?

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell

Last edited by urban rednek; 08-11-2021 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-11-2021, 08:43 AM

Quote:
I'm not disagreeing with you, but having a "yes man" as a judge on a death penalty case is nothing to admire.
Nobody saying it is, but again we are dealing with Chinese Communist Party. All the more reason not to smuggle drugs there. What did he think was going to happen if he got caught there. Natural selection at it's finest.
Old 08-11-2021, 08:27 PM

The guy must be mentally deranged, can't be his fault. His only problem is the Canadian get out of jail free cards he's used to.. are not accepted in China.
Old 08-11-2021, 09:02 PM

0 sympathy for self inflicted wounds

fitting ending. Send more there.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 08-11-2021, 09:13 PM

Default Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry.S View Post
I agree. Regardless of Chinese law the case shouldn’t be politicized (wishful thinking no doubt). You’d have to be a fool to travel to China right now. There is no rule of law in that country.
There will no no rule of law in this country.First PET and now his unlikely son's cult worship of the Chinese communists.
Old 08-12-2021, 07:59 AM

I’m getting a kick out of being able to roast Trudeau on his social media accounts about his comments on the Canadians imprisoned in China because it strikes at precisely what he himself attempted by repeatedly trying to interfere with the judicial process in the SNC Lavalin affair. If he’s against Chinese gov’t interference with judicial process, he should also be against his own interference with judicial process.
Old 08-12-2021, 09:40 AM

Quote:
I’m getting a kick out of being able to roast Trudeau on his social media accounts about his comments on the Canadians imprisoned in China because it strikes at precisely what he himself attempted by repeatedly trying to interfere with the judicial process in the SNC Lavalin affair. If he’s against Chinese gov’t interference with judicial process, he should also be against his own interference with judicial process.
Of course he should but hypocrisy has no bounds with this moron.
Old 09-24-2021, 11:46 AM

Meng is apparently signing a deferred prosecution agreement with the US.

Expected to be finalized today and she will be free to leave Canada in the next couple of days if she wants to.

At the same time… news is saying there is no side agreement to immediately release the two Michaels.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin