Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-10-2019, 10:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6x6x6 View Post
Has anyone rigged up their bradley smoker in the basement pros cons I’m thinking of hooking mine up. Share your pics if you have
Cons.............it might burn yer dang house down comes to mind, like really are they not made with like .016 aluminum? Not quite an airtight stove! Maybe you should do a tester with the ol’ hibachi first............thanks for the laugh though, I needed it!
By chance, are you related to the car stove guy?
Old 01-11-2019, 03:17 AM

Quote:
I don’t see how it’s a crazy idea and I’m sure I’m not the only one to think of it. I purely asked a simple question. I have done a little google searching and there are a few posts and pictures of guys that have done it. I was simply asking if anyone on here have done it, and I’m sure there are but after the smart ass responses will not post. I’m new to electric smoking having used charcoal for the past 15 years. There are plenty of indoor smokers avail on the retail market.
You ask a question that on most forums would get you flamed so hard a fireproof suit wouldn't be enough protection and you object to the mild kidding you got on here. You have even been told how to install a smoker properly if you want one for in home work, but you can't do it with a Bradley.

Even after all the help and good advice you received you still don't see why putting a Bradley smoker in the basement is a crazy idea. You are right, it isn't crazy, it is plain stupid and dangerous, but don't let that stop you, since you clearly know better and have seen pictures of others doing it.

Please feel free to post other questions asking for help but don't be surprised if all you hear is crickets.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:27 AM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1oNpkFmENA
Old 01-11-2019, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
Anyone know of a meat shop with an indoor smoker?
I've not been in a lot of meat shops, so I havent seen an indoor one.
I know of a shop that has one. Cinder block, floor to ceiling, roof sealed. heavy no leak door. about 15ft X 10 ft. All vented to the outside. The smoker is completely sealed when operating other than the venting to and from the outside.

Go for it and post your results. Pics too !

Will be interesting as to how many months / years it takes to get the smell of smoke out of the whole house. If it hasn't burned down .

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:52 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Has anyone rigged up their bradley smoker in the basement pros cons I’m thinking of hooking mine up. Share your pics if you have
Well I will tell ya first hand cuz a buddy did it and we'll it worked awesome.

He rigged up a exhaust fan that by the turn of a switch sucked the air out of the smoker after he was done or going to check it for say 5 minutes, heat off etc and then opened the door and all you got was the awesome aroma of smoked meat not a big wauf of smoke, so it will work, venting hosed over the exhaust area of smoker, air tight, exhaust van mounted to wall, vent hose to the outside of the basement and when outside the vent was the same as a dryer vent....put a man on the moon you can smoke meat in your basement without having the house smell awesome

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-11-2019, 05:53 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
I don’t see how it’s a crazy idea and I’m sure I’m not the only one to think of it. I purely asked a simple question. I have done a little google searching and there are a few posts and pictures of guys that have done it. I was simply asking if anyone on here have done it, and I’m sure there are but after the smart ass responses will not post. I’m new to electric smoking having used charcoal for the past 15 years. There are plenty of indoor smokers avail on the retail market.
Just forum dribble is all it is.....you can do it with great results, enjoy.

Old 01-11-2019, 07:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
I don’t see how it’s a crazy idea and I’m sure I’m not the only one to think of it. I purely asked a simple question. I have done a little google searching and there are a few posts and pictures of guys that have done it.
Yeah, google a few more internet pics and you're good to go.
I remember in the spring the u-tuber who was charged with murder after posting the vid of her shooting her boyfriend using a phone book as bullet proof armor.
You going to try that too??
You don't like the fact that people have been hard on you...it's only because it's such a harebrained idea
Old 01-11-2019, 08:29 AM

I fire up my Bradley all year...…………..outside. We have the warmest winter ever down South. I had it smoking last week and I plan on firing it up again next week...………………...on the deck where I can see it from inside the house
Old 01-11-2019, 08:38 AM

There is a good reason smokers are recommended to be used outdoors only

Old 01-11-2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
There is a good reason smokers are recommended to be used outdoors only

Yup and many other items too but only the 1 percenters have the outcome indicated in the picture

this same hammerhead probably has oven fires, falls up stairs etc

Old 01-11-2019, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
this same hammerhead probably has oven fires, falls up stairs etc
Do stupid things win stupid prizes

Old 01-11-2019, 03:46 PM

Cool so sarcasm has turned to name calling and insults. What a great bunch of guys. Thank you to the few that actually had some good input and took the time give advice and ideas.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Cool so sarcasm has turned to name calling and insults. What a great bunch of guys. Thank you to the few that actually had some good input and took the time give advice and ideas.
Chill out man, the boys are just giving you a hard time, nothing new around here, you'll get used to it. Maybe have a beer or two, relax and go light some fireworks off in the basement. You got 9 foot ceilings?
Old 01-11-2019, 05:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Just ask for the pro’s next time
Old 01-14-2019, 06:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Here, let me summarize what people are telling you
Do not do it!!!
It is not a good idea!!
By paying attention to others advice, rather than your hypersensitive feelings, they may have well have saved your life and anyone else who lives you!
You should be thanking them!
Old 01-14-2019, 10:10 PM

Maybe just put it beside your bed..lol...jks hahaha
Old 01-14-2019, 10:24 PM

Quote:
I think 99.9 percent of the guys giving you a bit of sarcasm is because they want to keep you alive,i won't give you no sarcasm so please don't put this into your home anywhere inside.

I know one guy who bought an older ice fishing tent and used his smoker in there in the winter,to keep the wind of it.You can even put a small heater in it in your yard,not on the porch or patio.

Last edited by JD848; 01-14-2019 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:57 AM
Banned

So, you ask a question.
Pretty much everyone tells you it's a bad idea.
All of your responses are complaining how you don't appreciate the feedback.
Begs the question....WHY DID YOU ASK???