Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-04-2019, 04:36 AM

This is good.hopefully it makes a difference
Old 01-04-2019, 05:25 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Parliament hill and civil

Like oil and water........

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-04-2019, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganderblaster View Post
You seem to be quite eager to find flaws with those that are getting out and trying for positive change in this province. What are you doing for positive change?
You don’t have to be eager to find the flaws, it pretty much smacks you in the face if you check out their agendas. Don’t confuse yellow vests with strictly oil issues in Canada. Search goals here :https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_vests_movement

For the record I support the cause of the Rally for Resources, much more directly focused on the problem at hand. If you go to Rally for Resources Facebook page you can see them distancing themselves : “The YV movement has no consistent message and has been highjacked by extremists from all sides”
Media reporting the disconnection as well :
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globalne...e-message/amp/
Old 01-04-2019, 06:03 AM

The migration issue is a whole different can of worms... we should just stick with the Alberta economy and getting pipelines trough so we get fair market value for our resources.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:11 AM

Stay true to the original cause of the protest. This is becoming like going to the grocery store without a list and filling the cart with everything but what you went there for in the first place.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
This will get spun by the media as a white power/anti immigration rally.
And watch for the department of transportation enforcement officers at the Ontario border. Everyone is getting inspected.
Those are my predictions, and I hope I'm wrong.
My hat is off to everyone going.
Roll 60-100 trucks on to the scale property at the Manitoba/Ontario boarder and they'll close the scales. Leapfrog the Convoy across Ontario and they won't know what to do but let them truckers roll!

BW
Old 01-04-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
Including the carbon tax and anti-migrant groups just dilutes the message. Reminds me of the 1%ers a few years ago. So many different signs in the crowd the purpose was lost. Initially huge crowds...the result...nothing.
The carbon tax is a huge reason for the protests that are occurring, the truckers fee the effects of the carbon tax every time they fuel their trucks.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
You guys need a trans am blocker car.
Yes!

I wonder if the big oil companies will be supplying some costs towards the fuel tankers?
Old 01-04-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
Yes!

I wonder if the big oil companies will be supplying some costs towards the fuel tankers?
One thing for sure, Jerry Reed should be driving it.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:15 AM

Even if they close Parliament Hill and they can't get there all the way with their trucks, it will cause chaos. Seen this happen many times in Europe when farmers and ranchers had enough and drove their tractors to Berlin, Brussels or Paris to protest new laws threatening their work and living.
People also need to stop complaining about inconveniences caused by the convoy, show solidarity with them and direct the frustration at those who caused the truck drivers to stand up in the first place.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:27 AM

Wouldn't be the first Trudeau protest, back in the 70's a convoy of tractors of farmers dumped a load of rotten wheat they couldn't sell in front of the Regina inn where Trudeau Sr. was staying, There was picture on the front page of the leader Post of him giving the farmers the finger off the balcony of the hotel.

I back the convoy because the needs of the West has been ignored by both Trudeau's.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:31 AM

The PM will probably take a week long holiday to the Aga Khan’s private island when the convoy is still 300 km away from arriving.

I agree with keeping the protest to the pipeline and carbon tax, being they’re very intertwined. Having association with another group that has immigration on their agenda would get the whole thing dismissed as a convoy of bigots; like it or not that’s how it would be portrayed between the CBC and the other ‘news’ orgs the PM just paid off with hundreds of millions of bribe money. They’d just have the camera crews find the creepiest, most unhinged people present to interview on-air and it would kill the public perception of the entire cause.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
The PM will probably take a week long holiday to the Aga Khan’s private island when the convoy is still 300 km away from arriving.

I agree with keeping the protest to the pipeline and carbon tax, being they’re very intertwined. Having association with another group that has immigration on their agenda would get the whole thing dismissed as a convoy of bigots; like it or not that’s how it would be portrayed between the CBC and the other ‘news’ orgs the PM just paid off with hundreds of millions of bribe money. They’d just have the camera crews find the creepiest, most unhinged people present to interview on-air and it would kill the public perception of the entire cause.
That's exactly it.

That's also why it is very important to keep it peaceful. I know everyone is stressing it hard but it's true. The news is going to be having everyone under a microscope and picking the bad apples to cover.

Myself I disagree with illegal immigration but I also see huge merit in controlled immigration. Hard working immigrants built the country we love.
I think it needs to be addressed but that is not what the convoy is for and in my eyes is not the priority.

A huge thank you to anyone who is taking part in this or helping through donation.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
This will get spun by the media as a white power/anti immigration rally.
And watch for the department of transportation enforcement officers at the Ontario border. Everyone is getting inspected.
Those are my predictions, and I hope I'm wrong.
My hat is off to everyone going.
you are so right about that
Old 01-04-2019, 11:17 AM

Thumbs down

The wildly assuming glorifying media is already all over it, and it won't happen for more than a month. They are talking about 700-3000 trucks going, about gangs in Edmonton using the yellow vests to further their racist agenda.....

*sigh

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 01-04-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
You guys need a trans am blocker car.
And trucks full of Coors...

Oops getting off track
Old 01-04-2019, 12:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
The wildly assuming glorifying media is already all over it, and it won't happen for more than a month. They are talking about 700-3000 trucks going, about gangs in Edmonton using the yellow vests to further their racist agenda.....

*sigh
The slanderous term "racist" has lost all it's power, it's the equivalent of calling someone a stupid dum dum or a poo poo head because you can't subvert the conversation to win an argument.

It's the ultimate form of self projection.

Reject the term and stop giving it the power to silence normal people.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:35 PM

Go get’em boys (and girls).

If there’s anything us non-truck drivers can do to help support let us know.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconWilly View Post
The slanderous term "racist" has lost all it's power, it's the equivalent of calling someone a stupid dum dum or a poo poo head because you can't subvert the conversation to win an argument.

It's the ultimate form of self projection.

Reject the term and stop giving it the power to silence normal people.
I wish it had, but just look at it's use daily from anyone not white that is mad at something. The media just LOVES it's use.

Back to the yellow vest movement, I will be watching it intently until the next vote.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 01-04-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post

*sigh
The unfortunate thing is groups like ANTIFA, and white supremacists will join the demonstrations because they are anti-gov't and anarchist, in the process making regular working people, using their Charter rights for peaceful assembly, look like a bunch of animals.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
The unfortunate thing is groups like ANTIFA, and white supremacists will join the demonstrations because they are anti-gov't and anarchist, in the process making regular working people, using their Charter rights for peaceful assembly, look like a bunch of animals.
These groups should be kicked out of this event! Anybody who has the face masks on or any other agendas except support for Alberta and anti UN immigration pact.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:58 PM

Already showing holes in the organization. I’m sure most are familiar with Bernard Hancock
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globalne...d-denials/amp/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2019, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
When I first heard of them and had never previously seen anything about them I thought "Anti-fascists, they must be OK" as it was a Calgary news article noting they were counter-protesting alleged white supremacists. I then looked up video of the very minor event and saw some wussies harassing some people that I'm not even sure were racists. Anyways, with that in mind there may be some people who have never looked up Antifa and just think "Well, they must be OK" based solely on their name. There sure seem to be a lot of them in Portland, Oregon based on how much civil disturbance there is video of happening there.

It seems these days that no matter what side people take up, it has to be highly polarizing and approached with a fundamentalist religious fervor. In the absence of following mainstream organized religion, many take up some other cult-like belief system.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:45 PM

Default AFD Petroleum

AFD petroleum has just put their super bee in the convoy which will be loaded with fuel and that was a donation, that is a pretty spectacular donation to this cause, the super bee fuel hauler has the biggest logo of “ I love oil and gas “ on both the lead and the pup they are saying it will be the lead truck in the convoy it’s going to be an awesome site to see, there’s no hiding from it now it’s coming “ let them truckers roll “ history being made here in Alberta boys
Old 01-05-2019, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasemonkey View Post
AFD petroleum has just put their super bee in the convoy which will be loaded with fuel and that was a donation, that is a pretty spectacular donation to this cause, the super bee fuel hauler has the biggest logo of “ I love oil and gas “ on both the lead and the pup they are saying it will be the lead truck in the convoy it’s going to be an awesome site to see, there’s no hiding from it now it’s coming “ let them truckers roll “ history being made here in Alberta boys
That's awesome of AFD petroleum!

I hope the previous notation of the questionable motivation/character of the fellow who organized the GoFundMe is sorted out ASAP, I was about to kick in for it but am leery until those things are clarified. What is Chris Claytons motivation? What connections, if any, does he have to O&G directly? That he's previously connected to an online Co-op does not seem to connect to the general type of thing an O&G worker would be up to.... I'd like to see a list of names and credentials of his noted "12 person admin panel with certified accountants" as there also seems to be some question of his legitimacy considering other orgs have publicly distanced themselves from him and asked that he not use their name in his fundraising. Being he's out of Vernon rather than O&G country in AB or Sask is also a bit of a curiosity. Red flags indeed.
Old 01-05-2019, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
That's awesome of AFD petroleum!

I hope the previous notation of the questionable motivation/character of the fellow who organized the GoFundMe is sorted out ASAP, I was about to kick in for it but am leery until those things are clarified. What is Chris Claytons motivation? What connections, if any, does he have to O&G directly? That he's previously connected to an online Co-op does not seem to connect to the general type of thing an O&G worker would be up to.... I'd like to see a list of names and credentials of his noted "12 person admin panel with certified accountants" as there also seems to be some question of his legitimacy considering other orgs have publicly distanced themselves from him and asked that he not use their name in his fundraising. Being he's out of Vernon rather than O&G country in AB or Sask is also a bit of a curiosity. Red flags indeed.
X2

I want to support the Convoy not the Con. Anything that detracts from the pro pipeline movement will lessen the impact of the message and become the main focus of this build the pipeline event.

Let them truckers roll!

BW
Old 01-05-2019, 08:23 AM

Default convoy

I am pleased to support public and peaceful demonstrations . Good job guys
Old 01-06-2019, 06:28 PM

Any update on the above claim that the gofundme campaign is a scam?
There are two or three of these fundraisers up on gofundme and I find it hard to understand which one is legit and really supports the truckers driving East and which might use the money for whatever else.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagehunter View Post
Even if they close Parliament Hill and they can't get there all the way with their trucks, it will cause chaos. Seen this happen many times in Europe when farmers and ranchers had enough and drove their tractors to Berlin, Brussels or Paris to protest new laws threatening their work and living.
People also need to stop complaining about inconveniences caused by the convoy, show solidarity with them and direct the frustration at those who caused the truck drivers to stand up in the first place.
Most of the people complaining are the apartment living City dwellers who might not even own a vehicle and likely don't work. If they do work they are the type that buys milk from a nice clean carton not a dirty old cow and meat from Superstore not from a butcher. They are absolutely clueless about life just sit in hotels and bitch on Facebook about what a terrible thing the Convoy is.

Old 01-06-2019, 07:24 PM

Seen on the news this morning they were calling the convoy Western alienation. It’s plain that the east has no idea why the convoy is coming to parliament hill.

BW