Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-15-2019, 03:03 AM

I just returned from Fiji and it was great. Was there for 4 weeks with a 3K budget.
Old 01-15-2019, 03:45 AM

lol wainwright!!!

nobody has suggested thailand?!
Of one who has done well
Old 01-30-2019, 07:06 AM

Hi,
I was in Alanya with my family last summer and it was really terrific! Nice weather, Sunny beaches, All-inclusive hotel, nice food and sightseeing. What can I say except: Go!
Old 01-30-2019, 07:25 AM

Jamaica hands down. We flew into montego bay last may. Stayed at the Hilton Rose hall resort. Lots to do on or near the resort. Some of the highlights would be the luminous lagoon, or the deep sea fishing.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:06 AM

If Beach and sun are the only real requirements then all central America is pretty cool, esp Costa Rica is paradise.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbiddy View Post
The wife isn’t super adventurous but I’m pushing for something like this.
Not sure Vietnam is safe after seeing this:
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/b-c-co...tnam-1.4300357
Old 02-19-2019, 11:32 AM

Default awesomeplace

Albufeira, Portugal
Lots of beach and lots to see in area.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:10 AM

I also loved it at the beaches of San Diego.
Old 02-25-2019, 06:33 AM

I would say you cant go wrong with Bermuda. Especially the surroundings of Horseshoe Bay Beach in Southampton! That place is magical!
Old 02-25-2019, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scesfiremedic View Post
Not sure Vietnam is safe after seeing this:
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/b-c-co...tnam-1.4300357
Also the measles outbreak in Vancouver was started by a family that had traveled to Vietnam with their unvaccinated children and one of them contracted the disease. It has now spread to the 2 schools their children attend
Old 02-25-2019, 06:08 PM

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines is supposed to be beautiful, safe and relatively inexpensive.
Old 02-25-2019, 06:28 PM

Think we’ve decided to go to Costa Rica in 10 days. Have a couple buddies taking the wives down to Tamarindo and have a spare villa. Just trying to find relatively cheap flights. Also doing an AI in Cancun. Do Costa Rica for a week. Come home for a day, do laundry and fly down to Mexico.

Never done CR before. Any recommendations?
Old 02-25-2019, 08:09 PM

If you feel like going for a drive on the Nicoya peninsula, on the southern tip Mal Pais, Cabuya and Montezuma are pretty nice. Drove around there on a wore out DT175 about 18 years ago.
Old 02-26-2019, 03:32 PM

Costa Rica is fantastic. We spent 10 days in Tamarindo 4 years ago plus a bunch of time at the Arenal Observatory lodge.

Rent a car and explore!! Lots to see and do. Every minute you spend in the villa is a wasted minute you could be out exploring the beautiful country.

The fact that you are doing a All Inclusive in Mexico is perfect to relax after a busy week in CR.

Why on earth would you fly home for 1 day from CR only to go back to Mexico. Fly to Cancun from Liberia. Your Costa Rican Villa will have all the amenities of home, do laundry there. You will save money on flights not to mention a few days of travel.
Old 02-26-2019, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thing View Post
Costa Rica is fantastic. We spent 10 days in Tamarindo 4 years ago plus a bunch of time at the Arenal Observatory lodge.

Rent a car and explore!! Lots to see and do. Every minute you spend in the villa is a wasted minute you could be out exploring the beautiful country.

The fact that you are doing a All Inclusive in Mexico is perfect to relax after a busy week in CR.

Why on earth would you fly home for 1 day from CR only to go back to Mexico. Fly to Cancun from Liberia. Your Costa Rican Villa will have all the amenities of home, do laundry there. You will save money on flights not to mention a few days of travel.
We looked and it was about the same price to fly back to Calgary as it was to fly CR to Cancun. The only added benefit would be an extra day in CR. We already paid for the AI package that includes flights to Cancun from Calgary. I guess we would just let the travel company know that we wouldn’t be taking the flight down but would be taking the flight back. Maybe have to look deeper into it.
Old 02-26-2019, 04:00 PM

Yes you should most definitely contact the airline.

Tell them you want to fly to Liberia a week early not to Cancun. You might be surprised that it won't cost that much more money, it will damned sure be cheaper than a return flight in/out of Liberia from Calgary.

Then get a one way flight to Cancun from Liberia.

OR

Tell the airline you want to fly into Cancun a week earlier...that shouldn't cost you any more money.

Then book a return flight from Cancun to Liberia and back to Cancun in time for your All inclusive.
Old 02-27-2019, 11:26 AM

I would recommend you Sun Beach Park hotel. Four stars, amazing location, great service and level of accomodation.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thing View Post
Yes you should most definitely contact the airline.

Tell them you want to fly to Liberia a week early not to Cancun. You might be surprised that it won't cost that much more money, it will damned sure be cheaper than a return flight in/out of Liberia from Calgary.

Then get a one way flight to Cancun from Liberia.

OR

Tell the airline you want to fly into Cancun a week earlier...that shouldn't cost you any more money.

Then book a return flight from Cancun to Liberia and back to Cancun in time for your All inclusive.
We’re flying Air Transat, Calgary to Cancun. Couldn’t switch it to match up to the CR trip. Flying Calgary to CR on the 7th. Just over a week in CR. CR to Calgary. Do laundry, celebrate a buddies 40th. Get on a plane on St Patty’s day and fly to our AI in Mexico. Going to be a whirlwind but it’ll be fun!!
Old 02-27-2019, 09:46 PM

Check out Italy. I was looking at rural cottages. And there are some amazing places for cheap like 50.00 a night cheap. Vrbo.
Right on private beaches.

I usually go to big island Hawaii but kapono the little area we usually go got wiped out by lava. But there is some cool stuff on that side of the island. Good luck I'm jealous.
Brad