Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-24-2007, 10:06 AM
cdnr

Default Would you?

Would you ever read an aritical on a young teen girl, and her thoughts on shooting a gun/coyote?
Like would it be interesting to you?
It would have the girls thoughts of before she shot the gun, and then after, before she shot the gopher and after the shot the gopher?
and then if she wanted to shoot a deer?
Would you guys be interested in a young girls perspective? :rolleyes
Old 01-24-2007, 11:13 AM
Charmax

Everyone is welcome to speak on these boards, so I don't have a problem with that. We hear guys talking about it all the time, why not someone else.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:10 PM
Davey Crocket

Absolutley. It would be a good read and a different perspective from someone entering the shooting/hunting world. I say go fer it!
Old 01-24-2007, 01:11 PM
Okotokian

Personally, I wouldn't be interested. Not because of the "young girl" thing though. I just don't really enjoy any of those sort of articles in magazines where the writer waxes poetic about their feelings, the smell of the leaves, past hunting memories, etc. Nothing wrong with that sort of thing and lots like it. Just not for me. I like those tht talk more about what gun they used, preparation, strategy, etc. Perhaps it's because I'm a relative beginner and still looking to learn as much as I can.

But if you have the urge to write something like that, you should. I'll bet someone will appreciate it.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:18 PM
lethalconnection

I would be interested cause it like those stories especailly if its their first time and makes it even more enjoyable when they are young cause i know the experience is that much more important to them.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:12 PM
cdnr

Okay,
what magazine do you guys read the most?
besides Alberta outdoorsman?
Old 01-24-2007, 09:31 PM
Canmoron

The National Firearms Association is always soliciting hunting or firearm related articles to publish in their magazine - The Canadian Firearms Journal, - particularly from a female's perspective.

Their website is www.nfa.ca/

and articles (with photos) can be sent to dat@nfa.ca

Other than that, Alberta Outdoorsman is the only magazine that I read that actively encourages 'amateur' articles !!

Good luck - would love to read your perspective.

Andrew
Old 01-24-2007, 11:56 PM
lilsundance

I, like many people on here, would love to hear your story and thoughts on harvesting a coyote,gopher or whatever you happened get. Or even miss. The only Magazine I get now is AO. I used to get the Western Sportsman but haven't for quite a few years now.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:44 PM
cdnr

okay,
i'm going to try to finish it soon,