Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-17-2017, 09:37 PM

Default pranked

One nightshift we grabbed some plastic tie straps and put them on tool cribs drive shaft of his vehicle.The faster he went the louder it got. He must have pulled over 100 times in row looking under the hood to see what was wrong, Took him 3 hrs to make it home which normally was a 40 minute drive.Needless to say he wasn't impressed when he found the plastic zip ties on the drive shaft after taking it to the shop to get it fixed. The mechanic just laughed and told him payback time!

Pin
Old 01-17-2017, 10:22 PM

One time the father of a guy I worked for had just got a new can am quad when they were new on the market and was pretty proud of the new quad. He worked for a logging company so he was gearing up to run some lines. He loaded his new quad in the back of f350 superdurty and went in to have a bite of lunch before he left. As I was walking by I decide this is a good oppturnity and switched off the fuel as j headed for lunch as well. All was good until about 3 hrs later, my boss got an unpleasant call from his father. All I could do was smile! He called in a fellow co worker (45min drive each way)to come help him push the quad back on the truck as it had quit on him. When the co worker arrived he asked the question about the fuel and that's when he discovered he'd been had. He wouldn't talk to me for weeks.

I've spent the last hour just reading all the pranks and enjoyed the laughs. Thanks
Old 01-17-2017, 10:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger257 View Post
A guy I know put a tube of Ambisol into his roommates tube of toothpaste. When the roommate brushed his teeth his face went numb and he panicked thinking he was having a stroke.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:37 PM

I knew some fellas that found a road kill beaver on the road. They put the dead beaver in a co-workers toolbox on his truck. The co-worker was off on holidays for 3 weeks. When he came back to work the end of july and found this stinking dead beaver in his toolbox he was just a little furious.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:20 AM

Back years ago when I was still a slickliner, we shared a shop with the E liners. Shop only had one bathroom, the usual urinal/ one stall bathroom in the back shop. I grabbed a pair of covies and rubber boots and put the boots in the legs of the covies with the covies tucked in field pooping position and arranged them so the boots were in front of the toilet and shut and locked the stall door and crawled thru the gap under the door and went back to servicing tools on my truck. Watched the e line manager try 6x over an hour to see if the stall was free lmao. Finally he couldn't stand it anymore and went back in and he pulled on the coveralls and said 'hurry up man I gotta....." when the empty boots fell over in his hands... hilarity!
Old 01-18-2017, 06:22 AM
Gone Fishing

At college we used to take dead black flies and push them in a guys toothpaste tube with a toothpick so it would take a day or two to come out. We put tin cans and runners in the dryer in the laundry room beside one guys room at 2:00 am. We also took the door hinge pins out of the guys door and placed all his papers on the window sill directly across from the door so when he put the key in the door and twisted, the door fell down and all his papers went *Poof* out the window 3rd floor.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:23 AM

I know a guy who put woodworms in his stool sample and handed it in
Old 01-18-2017, 07:37 AM

I enjoy a good prank, though I subscribe to the school of don't do anything that might get somebody hurt, or cause a heart attack. However, one of my best was a gray area....

In my younger days, had a bunch of people over on a weekend for a party, and some guy shows up, nobody really knew him, and he was being an obnoxious tool. He kept going on about this new shirt he was wearing, how awesome it was and how much he paid, was really stupid actually. He finally got so drunk (on other people's brews) that he fell asleep in the middle of the floor. So I got this idea.....we filled up a 5 gallon pail with ice cold water. Then, I placed a cigarette butt on the floor beside him, and pulled his shirt carefully away from his body, took the Bic and lit the shirt on fire. When I had a nice palm sized hole in his shirt, burning good, we doused him with the bucket of water.

He came up mad and swinging, but then when we explained what an idiot he was, falling asleep with a lit cigarette and nearly burning himself up, and how we had saved his life, he was really grateful to us. He was kinda sad about his shirt though......

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-18-2017, 09:53 AM

I new a guy that was a Oiler fan and his next door neighbor was a Flames fan.
Flames fan was going on holidays and asked oiler fan to watch his house while he was gone.
Oiler fan makes a huge stencil of oiler emblem and fertilizes it on neighbors front lawn and watered it every day.
Them two did some awesome pranks to each other.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:25 AM

In high school I helped a buddy out, we got 3 weiner pigs and turned them loose in the school and painted them with 1, 2, and 4

You have no idea how long they looked for #3
Old 01-18-2017, 10:28 AM

In university one of our roommates went away on a field trip for two weeks...

When he came back his room was completely emptied, no bed, no dresser, nothing not even the closet door, or sliding window as we could remove them too.

the look of shock in his face was priceless...
Old 01-18-2017, 10:33 AM

My favorite prank is where the wannabe prankster gets pranked....

At home on our old 3D course because we had guys shooting stumps and other non 3D targets which created a safety issue I placed some lawn ornament owls around the course and filled them with cement... on back of each one I had a small note that said please do not shoot off course targets...

Going around with a guy from our club as we went around he kept trying to egg me on and shoot one of these owls. So as we were going around I snuck an arrow out of his quiver and he egged me on again and I drilled it with an ACC which made a nice flower..... he started doing the horse laugh and I played along until end of round he realized he was short an arrow... he was going back to look for it and then I said... you don't think I would be stupid enough to use my own arrow on a cement filled target do you!...

He was livid...at first then he saw the humour after a few years...
Old 01-18-2017, 10:41 AM

One of the best pranks I ever pulled was on a co-worker who was a good buddy of mine. We would always pull random pranks on each other in the shop (messing with tools, gluing stuff to the table, etc.) He usually got the better of me as he was extremely creative. He may have won a bunch of battles, but I won the war with this one:

A couple years ago Justin Bieber was coming to play in Winnipeg. I decided to make a Kijiji add with his contact information and phone number on it saying that he had two concert tickets that he was selling for pennies on the dollar because he had to work that day. I made sure to write "if I don't answer, please leave a message" and also put his email on the add. Needless to say, he was livid. He had to explain to people via text / calling that it was a mistake, and he was cussed out by more than a few angry parents and crying teenage girls. It went on for nearly 3 days. He would of had to change his phone number except for the fact that he was able to finally get through to Kijiji and have them remove the add.

Classic prank.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:37 AM

Back in school, we would wire-wrap our circuits.

Some of the guys thought it would be funny to take unattended proto boards and cut/unwrap a wire. This would result in the owner frantically Ohm'ing out all the connections to determine which wire was cut/missing.

The more creative ones among us would add a wire.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:48 PM

Took a co-workers car keys and made a copy.
You couldn't see the parking lot from the third floor offices.
Would go out during the day and repark his car a few rows away or a different section of the lot.
Did this everyday for a month. Should have seen the puzzled look on his face everyday. But he wouldn't say a word. He probably thought he was loosing it mentally.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:52 AM

Never did this personally, but one of the best pranks I heard of is sneaking gas into an acquaintances new vehicle, then listening to them brag about what great mileage they're getting.

Then see how bitter and frustrated they get when you stop.
Old 01-19-2017, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
Took a co-workers car keys and made a copy.
You couldn't see the parking lot from the third floor offices.
Would go out during the day and repark his car a few rows away or a different section of the lot.
Did this everyday for a month. Should have seen the puzzled look on his face everyday. But he wouldn't say a word. He probably thought he was loosing it mentally.
Those are fun gags to do! I sold my work van to one of my subs when I bought a newer one, thought I'd given him all the keys, but then one turned up in my desk drawer. So every day or so, my helper and I would casually cruise by my sub's job site, my helper would hop out, tune the radio to the CBC French station, and turn the volume wayyyyy up....We did this for months, and when we finally fessed up, the guy just laughed his butt off. He thought the radio was defective, and he had taken to reaching for A: the volume knob on starting the van, and B: punching in a preset for the station he listened to. Never once crossed his mind we were messing with him.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-19-2017, 11:01 AM

Default Crow

In the IT world, you will never know it all and pretending to can get you in trouble.
A co-worker in another department bragged one day that he could learn everything my department knew in a weekend, so i decided to put that to the test.
After his group left for the day, i went into his office and inverted the screen so that everything was upside down on his monitor. He comes in the next day and can't figure out what happened. Tries for 30 minutes to correct it, no luck. Calls over the 'expert' in their group, another hour goes by, no change. i walked in after they had concluded that a virus must have infected his computer and they were installing a 'patch' to correct it. 5 minutes later, it's still upside down. While they are scratching their heads, i walk over, press three keys to fix it and walk out. Left them eating crow for breakfast.

In addition, every time someone left their computer unlocked, we'd Hasselhoff them by putting this beauty on their desktop background and screensaver.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=hasse...HTPUAo8Q_AUIBQ

Some things can't be unseen.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Those are fun gags to do! I sold my work van to one of my subs when I bought a newer one, thought I'd given him all the keys, but then one turned up in my desk drawer. So every day or so, my helper and I would casually cruise by my sub's job site, my helper would hop out, tune the radio to the CBC French station, and turn the volume wayyyyy up....We did this for months, and when we finally fessed up, the guy just laughed his butt off. He thought the radio was defective, and he had taken to reaching for A: the volume knob on starting the van, and B: punching in a preset for the station he listened to. Never once crossed his mind we were messing with him.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by klrbkld View Post
In the IT world, you will never know it all and pretending to can get you in trouble.
A co-worker in another department bragged one day that he could learn everything my department knew in a weekend, so i decided to put that to the test.
After his group left for the day, i went into his office and inverted the screen so that everything was upside down on his monitor. He comes in the next day and can't figure out what happened. Tries for 30 minutes to correct it, no luck. Calls over the 'expert' in their group, another hour goes by, no change. i walked in after they had concluded that a virus must have infected his computer and they were installing a 'patch' to correct it. 5 minutes later, it's still upside down. While they are scratching their heads, i walk over, press three keys to fix it and walk out. Left them eating crow for breakfast.

In addition, every time someone left their computer unlocked, we'd Hasselhoff them by putting this beauty on their desktop background and screensaver.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=hasse...HTPUAo8Q_AUIBQ

Some things can't be unseen.
You dirty dog ... Ive been hasselhoffed
Old 01-19-2017, 11:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb356 View Post
You dirty dog ... Ive been hasselhoffed
Quick fix !!!

Old 01-19-2017, 11:44 AM

Why do I think this thread should merge with the ‘Dick’ thread…..

Had pranks-a-plenty pulled on me when I was a young-un and reciprocated in kind along the way.

One that stands out was in elementary school, a friend who was notorious for shafting everyone else let his guard down one fall day. Simple trick - place tack on chair and hope it doesn’t get noticed ( he had done this to others and depending on size of tack, it could hurt like a somebeotch).

Well…this time I chose a long shafted carpet tack and placed it square in the middle of the seat, luckily similar in colour as well.

Jimmy (as I will call him) comes waltzing in the classroom, chattin up a sweet little tomato as was his way….me at the back of the class looking out the corner of my eye. This particular time he chose to socialize with the whole bloody lot of kids before sitting down, meanwhile the usual murmur is growing quiet - dead quiet. I figure I am toast cause I know he’ll sit down, and start whaling, then finger pointing.

What happened next surprised me the most cause he plopped in that chair like he just finished a mini marathon….and after the drop he said and did nothing, not a damn thing. I sat there befuddled, then peeved that all the engineering (dimensions, placement and colour -- bwahaha) I had put into this one failed miserably.

Unsure and unhappy, I just sat there and slowly started to get into the books when - there it was - THE FIRST SQUIRM … 10, maybe 20 seconds later another one……. can you say WINNING.

For the next - roughly - 15 minutes I watched the ‘Wank of Pranks’ fidget around like a bug under a microscope and I was losing it in the back.

Finally Jimmy heard my muffled cries of laughter and slowly turned around while reaching under his jeans to extract the culprit. Turns out the little fastener had jammed in the crotch seam and took a while to work its way to the back of his ballsack … don’t remember Jimmy ever trying any more antics on me after that. I still split a gut just writing this.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:16 PM

When i was a kid, my favourite prank was to phone some random number and tell them we were with AGT and working on their phone lines outside. Because of the nature of our work, it was imperative they don't answer the phone for the next hour, as it would cause the lines to connect and we'd get electrocuted. They'd promise not to answer it, but we knew differently.

Sometimes we'd call back in 15 minutes and they'd answer. When they didn't, we'd usually wait until the 55 minute mark. Regardless, they always answered and when they did, we'd scream like we were being electrocuted and they'd slam the phone down as fast as they could. We'd call back for the next hour to see how well the joke went... no one ever answered.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:20 PM

Quote:
When i was a kid, my favourite prank was to phone some random number and tell them we were with AGT and working on their phone lines outside. Because of the nature of our work, it was imperative they don't answer the phone for the next hour, as it would cause the lines to connect and we'd get electrocuted. They'd promise not to answer it, but we knew differently.

Sometimes we'd call back in 15 minutes and they'd answer. When they didn't, we'd usually wait until the 55 minute mark. Regardless, they always answered and when they did, we'd scream like we were being electrocuted and they'd slam the phone down as fast as they could. We'd call back for the next hour to see how well the joke went... no one ever answered.
Waaaaaaait a minute... That was YOU?

Old 01-19-2017, 12:28 PM

I worked in a body shop and came back to work after lunch and front shop door was open,a gopher had got into shop so I tried to chase it out and it ran into ladies bathroom.I closed the door and was deciding what to do and waiting for the other guys to get back from lunch so we could chase it out.
Meanwhile secretary comes in and went into bathroom ,I did not see her go in there or I would have stopped her , I heard a scream and seen her come running out ,she tripped over a airhose and landed in a pile of dirt and bondo shavings that had bin swept up into a pile.Thank goodness she was not hurt .
Gopher ran out the door and I helped her up and blew the dust off her.She always thought I did it on purpose as a practical joke.
We also had a guy that was a real brownnoser,whenever he would get a snap-on cup from salesmen,we would drill a hole in his cup under the handle and plug it with sugar,it would take about 30 seconds for the hot coffee to melt the sugar.We did that a few times to him over the years.
Lots of pranks pulled in the body shops I worked at.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
Waaaaaaait a minute... That was YOU?

maybe....
pm me your number and i'll call you to discuss it.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:47 PM

Don't know if it was the best prank, but it sure was effective.

Grade 9 final exam for math, i'm writing away and my favourite math teacher approaches me. We're inside of the main gym, with over a hundred other students, so he quietly asks me if i want to play a joke on everyone. I'm game, so he tells me to let him know when i'm done the test, they'll take it and substitute it for a fake one. Then, 5 or 10 minutes later they'll pretend they caught me cheating, make a scene, tear up my exam and fool everyone. I went into the exam with a mark of 99%, so me cheating would be more scandalous. He said they would keep it a secret until the following week at the awards ceremony. I love the idea, so i agree and when i'm done the test, they subtly switch out the exams.

It's still pretty early yet, so I pretend that i'm still working on it. Ten minutes later one of the other math teachers walks up, loudly questions what i'm doing, grabs my test and tears it in half in front of everyone. I thought the gym was quiet before that! LOL. I put my head down to hide the laughter. My friends thought the shaking was me crying. Way too funny.

So test ends and i leave the gym. Everyone is asking what happened, to which i responded honestly, they found some papers on my desk that shouldn't have been there. News spread so fast, that before i got to my locker, i was getting dirty looks from my science and english teachers. It was so hard to suppress the laughter, but it was the last day of classes so i just had to make it a few more minutes.

Fast forward 5 years and i run into some of my old classmates at university. It's all good, but then another guy joins us who also went to my old school and they tell him who i am. Apparently he missed the awards ceremony, because he says 'Yeah, i remember you! You're the guy that cheated on the math final!" lol, he wouldn't believe me when i told him the truth. Good things my friends were there to back me up!
Old 01-19-2017, 12:49 PM

Quote:
maybe....
Pm me your number and i'll call you to discuss it.
Hahahahhaahahaha!
Old 01-19-2017, 04:32 PM

If you are in an office setting and two computers are close enough you can switch the mouse of one for the other. They stay hooked up to the same computer. When a person moves their mouse nothing happens on their screen but it does on the other screen.

Another is to use the auto correct function in Word so that when a person types in a word it changes it to another word. This can be used in an off colour manner. The best use I have seen is when a co-worker decided to change her last name after a divorce. When she would type in her new--maiden name it would change it to her old married name.

One more is to go into an email that someone sent you and change the wording of their email. You have to do it in the same font. For example when someone offers to send you some promo stuff you can change their email to say porno stuff. You can then act surprised at their offer
Old 01-20-2017, 12:01 AM

I remember doing 2 IT related jokes back in the days...
1 was with Windows 98. You could close the "Start" button. Like it would disappear from the bar. People would be stumped for a while, couldn't even reboot because outside of IT professionals not many knew about keyboard combos.
The other was played on my teacher at nait (computer related courses as well). He left his laptop unlocked over the break and left the room. I took the snapshot of the desktop, madevit into desktop background, hidden all the icons, and moved the taskbar to the top of the screen and enabled "autohide" option. He clued in pretty fast but not before few minutes trying to figure out wth was happening, while we were watching it all on the projection screen