Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-18-2017, 04:15 PM

Default A Feel Good Story, with requisite dog...

Got to say I really appreciated this story. You have to love dogs, and the connections they make with people. How this guy found his way to his friend, will probably never be known....but what a great story of making your new best friend.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/...trip-1.3941437

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-18-2017, 05:53 PM

Good ending for the pooch
Old 01-18-2017, 06:48 PM

Not very surprising. If a cute girl gave me a couple of cheese-flavoured bacon strips, I'd probably follow her home too.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:25 PM

Great story!!!!

LIFE IS TO SHORT TO HAVE AN UGLY LOOKIN DOG .....GET A LAB
Old 01-18-2017, 09:08 PM
Banned

Great story! Brings a tear to my eye. Honestly, I prefer the company of my dogs to that of most people...
Old 01-18-2017, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouse_hunter View Post
Great story! Brings a tear to my eye. Honestly, I prefer the company of my dogs to that of most people...
Yup.....my boy Rosco is a bit of a strange beast, but I love him. When he puts those big ol' paws on my lap and looks at me with those eyes, because he wants all my attention right now...hard to say no.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-18-2017, 09:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Yup.....my boy Rosco is a bit of a strange beast, but I love him. When he puts those big ol' paws on my lap and looks at me with those eyes, because he wants all my attention right now...hard to say no.
He looks surly! A tough name too.
Dogs are always honest. You will know whether they are happy, angry, scared or playful. Most people hide their true emotions in order to appear "normal" or to achieve their personal goals; which, I guess, normalizes deceit.
My pups mean a lot to me. I couldn't have asked for better hunting and fishing buddies. They get very excited when I pull up an undersized pike!
Old 01-18-2017, 10:00 PM

Quote:
He looks surly! A tough name too.
!
He is the classic case of bark being worse than bite. He is a real chicken, high anxiety pup....I have a daughter who has a pet rabbit, miniature thingy named Kevin (I know, where did I go wrong?). When introduced, my boy Rosco could not figure out what was wrong with this little 'dog', it scared the bejeebers out of him. He would sit on the couch, crunch himself in as tight behind my wife as he could get, and just shake....kind of embarrassing to admit, but true. One morning, Kevin comes bouncing out of his pen, surprised Rosco coming around the corner, and all I heard with this ungodly loud howl, like he'd been caught in a hay binder....yup, a big 'surly' chicken that one.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
He is the classic case of bark being worse than bite. He is a real chicken, high anxiety pup....I have a daughter who has a pet rabbit, miniature thingy named Kevin (I know, where did I go wrong?). When introduced, my boy Rosco could not figure out what was wrong with this little 'dog', it scared the bejeebers out of him. He would sit on the couch, crunch himself in as tight behind my wife as he could get, and just shake....kind of embarrassing to admit, but true. One morning, Kevin comes bouncing out of his pen, surprised Rosco coming around the corner, and all I heard with this ungodly loud howl, like he'd been caught in a hay binder....yup, a big 'surly' chicken that one.
That's quite funny! I have a funny story about my male dog, Zeus. I bred my dogs twice. Once Xena, the female, was reaching the end of the breastfeeding period, I decided to give her a break by letting Zeus perform his dog Daddy duties and stuck him in the pups' enclosure...
I've seen him chase coyotes around and attempt to apprehend an "enemy" beaver and porcupine in the past. When we're in the field, his name suits him!
When I stuck him into the bedroom which I had dedicated to the puppies, his demeanor changed. He turned his head towards a corner of the room, tucked his tail in, lied down, covered his face with his paws and proceeded to growl as his twelve pups were climbing on him and biting every extremity that they could put their teeth on!
I've always been impartial to Terriers and their mustaches. My first dog was a Russian Black Terrier. Similar to this one
Old 01-19-2017, 01:18 AM
Banned

Cool !!!
Old 01-19-2017, 09:25 AM
Banned

Cool story. Only a dog could get away with that. Dog gets a new home. Any guy that did that would get a restraining order.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Cool story. Only a dog could get away with that. Dog gets a new home. Any guy that did that would get a restraining order.
There is no better feeling then being next to the person you love, and they don't know you love them....or that you are in their house again.

Old 01-19-2017, 03:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Me too, got a big redbone /walker ,a Lab /hound and a basset hound. Very loyal and protective of my grandkids and property. I work weird hours so if I have an afternoon nap I have 180 pounds of dogs all scrooched up next to me. Nobody sneaks up on me . Ever.