Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-12-2016, 02:34 PM

Default Remote start FOB issue

The wife's 2010 Hyundai remote start fob (factory installed) is draining batteries like mad.....2xcr2016 batteries every couple of weeks!(brand name batteries) I have had the fob apart several times, cleaning all with contact cleaner this last time. It is a 2 way remote.

Does anybody know if a replacement fob with the same FCC ID # would work? Ebay does have fobs that match the FCC ID....I don't feel like going to the city and visiting the dealer...$$$.
Old 12-12-2016, 03:44 PM

Factory installed, or dealer installed? I purchased my 2014 Sante FE XL from Southtown, with the remote start installed, and the battery life using the CR2016 batteries is not great, but more like three or four months as opposed to two weeks. The remote starter in my vehicle is an aftermarket unit.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:13 PM

Not sure about your wife's, but if my after market FOB is set into a certain mode (AUTO) then it chews through batteries as the FOB is constantly "pinging" to see if it's close to the vehicle to automatically dis arm the vehicles alarm...

Could be something like that?

J.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:10 PM

Bought the vehicle used, I assume factory installed as I have a Hyundai manual on the remote starter.

This is the first winter that the remote is failing...maybe dropped too many times...need to find a replacement that will work.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:38 PM

If the FCC matches it will more than likely work, however... to be sure you should really find the part number or the part number of your remote start then look up replacements to ensure you get the proper FOB.

You'll probably need the part numbers anyways to look up programming instructions.
Old 12-13-2016, 07:22 AM
Banned

Darn, I miss the days when you saw signs all over advertizing 99.00, or 150.00 car remotes installed. I just got one installed for my wife and GEESH.
I am having trouble with my Valet remote on Ranger. Hoping it's battery, but not sure who services Valet in Edmonton.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:37 PM

Default Solved!!

Bought exact replacement on EBAY for $35 and managed to pair it to the vehicle...lots of googling involved