Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-26-2016, 10:25 PM

It's time to start hiding a pocket finder gps on everything valuable that you own! Imagine the joy it would bring banging on the door of the pos that stole your stuff and knowing exactly where it was.
Old 12-27-2016, 03:28 PM

I put out 3 trail cams for the last 4 years and have had lots of pics of guys looking at them and some that didn't know they were there or just kept walking by.
I have a cellular one and 2 cheap ones with never a problem .
I am sure I will loose one sometime but hope its a cheap one.
Old 12-27-2016, 03:41 PM

I'm just curious, but if you have photos of someone lifting a trail cam off of crown land how does that prove that the guy is stealing it? Could he not say that yes that's me in the photo but no that's not his camera it's mine? Would the RCMP even lift their collective heads from their coffee and donuts to investigate? Again I'm just curious what if anything they would do.
Old 12-27-2016, 10:15 PM

Asking for trouble putting it on crown land. Was it in the open?
Old 12-27-2016, 10:18 PM

If you leave your stuff on public land then expect someone to pick it up. Even if you ID them, they cannot be charged
Old 12-27-2016, 10:29 PM

He prob didn't get a pic of the thief. Or else it would have been posted.
Old 12-27-2016, 10:43 PM

Your right if they find them no charges,but you may be wrong because I had 2 stolen this fall and when in the bush there's a certain set of rules you don't break,,in Ontario the CO'S wanted to know every thing about them,i know who took them and there from the usa,my box with all my info was hidden 100 feet away with there faces all over them camera's.i will give the shirt of my back or help anyone day or night,but don't steal from me or others.

When they get back next year the CO'S will deal with them and my camera's will be paid for,and the info will go to the feds and to ATF,theives shouldn't own guns or have the right to hunt in Canada.the usa doesn't like folks who come to Canada and do crap like that,see what happens.I am around usa folks all the time and there some of my best friends,but not these 3.
Old 12-27-2016, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
Your right if they find them no charges,but you may be wrong because I had 2 stolen this fall and when in the bush there's a certain set of rules you don't break,,in Ontario the CO'S wanted to know every thing about them,i know who took them and there from the usa,my box with all my info was hidden 100 feet away with there faces all over them camera's.i will give the shirt of my back or help anyone day or night,but don't steal from me or others.

When they get back next year the CO'S will deal with them and my camera's will be paid for,and the info will go to the feds and to ATF,theives shouldn't own guns or have the right to hunt in Canada.the usa doesn't like folks who come to Canada and do crap like that,see what happens.I am around usa folks all the time and there some of my best friends,but not these 3.
I'm not old, more middle aged and I remember when you could leave anything in the bush and it would not be stolen. Someone might "borrow" a canoe but it would be put back where it was found and properly stored. There used to be a code of conduct among outdoorsmen and it has sadly been forgotten.
Old 12-27-2016, 11:18 PM

The guys that took mime did it at 1 am and 1,30 am,they were 200 yards apart .but they saw the flash at night,and there were 2 gut piles also in the morning,they set up that night about 4 pm and never went back out till the middle of the night,the one was beside one guy 30 feet away and when it got dark they seen the flash but not till later.
The first deer was shot at 9 pm,see there's charges already but the law is doing there thing and know one is saying boo,they want the truck and all there stuff,but the camera doesn't show them shooting the deer just legs and stuff,but there's 3 faces for sure and a new gator late at night till a least after 1 30 am.The usa feds are on it already,so to all night hunters your never alone.I have been finding dead deer around 120 or so for the last ten years ,there is no guide with them so why drive 1800 miles and think you shot a big one only to arrive and it's a small 8 pointer,just walk away and go hunt some where else. I paid 599 for that setup and now it was worth it.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
The guys that took mime did it at 1 am and 1,30 am,they were 200 yards apart .but they saw the flash at night,and there were 2 gut piles also in the morning,they set up that night about 4 pm and never went back out till the middle of the night,the one was beside one guy 30 feet away and when it got dark they seen the flash but not till later.
The first deer was shot at 9 pm,see there's charges already but the law is doing there thing and know one is saying boo,they want the truck and all there stuff,but the camera doesn't show them shooting the deer just legs and stuff,but there's 3 faces for sure and a new gator late at night till a least after 1 30 am.The usa feds are on it already,so to all night hunters your never alone.I have been finding dead deer around 120 or so for the last ten years ,there is no guide with them so why drive 1800 miles and think you shot a big one only to arrive and it's a small 8 pointer,just walk away and go hunt some where else. I paid 599 for that setup and now it was worth it.
Righttt
Old 01-03-2017, 09:54 PM

Post the pic