Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-28-2016, 04:40 PM

Default Zama bison hunt

Hey guys... anyone have any info on what the snow conditions are like in the Zama area? Looking at heading that way after the Wainwright ML season as my son was lucky enough to draw that bison tag this year, also if anyone has any helpful information on where you are seeing bison I would love to hear from you.. if anyone else has a tag and is heading up if you wanted to swap phone # and help each other out send me a PM....

Jim...
Old 11-28-2016, 05:26 PM

Smile

Thats awesome your son got the tag I love hunting up ther. Call Lyle he's the local F+W and would probly point you to a few problem buffs if you ask him. Worked for us and a friend a few years ago as we were having a tough time with the( LOCAL) competition couldn't find any in a shootable area.
Old 11-28-2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somehunter View Post
Thats awesome your son got the tag I love hunting up ther. Call Lyle he's the local F+W and would probly point you to a few problem buffs if you ask him. Worked for us and a friend a few years ago as we were having a tough time with the( LOCAL) competition couldn't find any in a shootable area.
Thanks for the heads up, We have talked to Dave the local Bioaligest, but he didn't have much to say. I'll give F&W a call.

Jim...
Old 11-28-2016, 06:06 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter1234 View Post
Thanks for the heads up, We have talked to Dave the local Bioaligest, but he didn't have much to say. I'll give F&W a call.

Jim...
Even if they don't help you out its almost certian you fill that tag just takes a bit of time to hunt them down . Also a tonn of wolves to shoot ......Always Fun!!
Old 11-29-2016, 07:43 AM

Default Bison hunt

there's 3-4 inches of snow -17 this morning and 2-3 inches forecasted for end of week. Have seen a few herds
Old 11-29-2016, 09:19 AM

Will send you a PM we are heading up for the opener. What Muskeg Runner said is consistent with what others up there have told us. Hope there is a few around!
Old 12-08-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter1234 View Post
Hey guys... anyone have any info on what the snow conditions are like in the Zama area? Looking at heading that way after the Wainwright ML season as my son was lucky enough to draw that bison tag this year, also if anyone has any helpful information on where you are seeing bison I would love to hear from you.. if anyone else has a tag and is heading up if you wanted to swap phone # and help each other out send me a PM....

Jim...

Hey Jim, I'll be heading up Jan 4 and we have 2 tags in our group. If you have any sightings up there would you mind letting me know where? I want to start marking on a map where the sightings are so we can come up with a good game plan that will hopefully make us successful.