Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-11-2009, 06:00 PM

Default Who's looking for a Hunting Partner ???

Hey guys and gals, with bow season just around the corner I think it's time for the 'hunting partner thread'. Last year we had a similar thread that was quite successfull in helping hunters hook up with others wanting a hunting partner.
It's a GREAT way to make new friends and the plus side to having a partner is very rewarding. Many life long friendships are made this way.

After 2 consecutive grizzly attacks ( 07 & 08 ) in the Sundre area, many of us 'go alone hunters' were questioning how safe it is to be out there by ourselves. I remember some of the discussions we had on this forum about hunter safety and it prompted me to start last years thread and I also have permission from one of the mods to do one this year.

If your a newbie, recently moved to Alberta from another province or maybe just decided two is better than one, please feel free to leave your name here.

Give the guys a little background about yourself and what kind of hunting your interested in and I'm sure you'll find a suitable partner.

Stay safe out there and g'luck filling those tags!!

Here is a link to the other thread from last year.
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...unting+partner

Last edited by lilsundance; 08-12-2009 at 01:01 AM. Reason: added link
Old 08-11-2009, 06:08 PM

im looking for a good hunting partner that owns a few sections of land , lots of alfalfa and grain and a fully stocked beer fridge...i'll drink rum too, not too picky!
Old 08-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Gone Hunting

Tuc
After seeing some of the pictures of the hunting camp you set up, I may want to claim "new hunter" status and hunt with you just for the camp experience.

Archery Sept. 1 - Oct. 31 Muzzleloader and Crossbow Oct. 1 - Oct. 31 Rifle Nov. 25 - Nov. 30

...And HIS kingdom shall have no end...
Old 08-11-2009, 06:21 PM

Thanx Duff, I sold my 12x14 wall tent and have a 14x16 with porch, on it's way. Hopefully next year it will get some use up in that Manning area.....
Old 08-11-2009, 06:32 PM

This is my first season hunting in AB. I moved from the UK last year, but I have hunted 2 seasons in NB.(hunted in the UK for years)
I know from experience that finding a good hunting partner is harder than finding a wife!
I"ve met literally dozens of folks here and swapped numbers, never to hear from them again(actually, now that I think about it that"s the same thing that happenned when I was looking for a wife...)
Old 08-16-2009, 11:40 AM

ha how is it going, saw your post. it seem i will be by myself this year to. may be we could do something this fall . get back to me. thank you.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:10 AM

Default Oh What A Lucky Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by migrant hunter View Post
This is my first season hunting in AB. I moved from the UK last year, but I have hunted 2 seasons in NB.(hunted in the UK for years)
I know from experience that finding a good hunting partner is harder than finding a wife!
I"ve met literally dozens of folks here and swapped numbers, never to hear from them again(actually, now that I think about it that"s the same thing that happenned when I was looking for a wife...)
Not sure who is worse off, I have been divorced twice but you have probably never been told what you can or cannot buy or told to sell your rifles! I am now only looking for a hunting partner in Central Alberta, would prefer one that thinks that alcohol and guns don't mix.
Scott
Old 09-09-2020, 07:51 AM

Still looking for a hunting partner?
Old 08-11-2009, 06:32 PM

Are you not hunting manning this year.Im heading up there first week of october,went on a scouting trip tp find a camp for our new 14-16 tent with a custom 10ft porch cant wait should be alot of fun havent hunted that area before have you?
Old 08-11-2009, 06:37 PM

Im a complete rookie looking to get out for the first time this year. It isnt a huge deal if I dont make a single shot this year (still looking for a decent rifle), just want to get out for the experience and learn as much as I can. Definately not afraid to get dirty and Im not usually one to shy away from heavy labour if its needed.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:39 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylow? View Post
im looking for a good hunting partner that owns a few sections of land , lots of alfalfa and grain and a fully stocked beer fridge...i'll drink rum too, not too picky!
awsome!!
Old 11-18-2015, 08:34 PM

Default Saturday 21 Nov

If anyone is heading out from Calgary to 412/314/316/414 this weekend, specifically Saturday, 21 Nov and interested in teaming up with a partner, let me know please.
I'm not overly familiar with that area and would love it if soemone else who knows the area would be kind enough to show me around. I do have general deer tags, but have been unlucky thus far this season. I'm also open to trekking along if you're going after bigger game.

Thanks
Syndre
Old 11-19-2015, 08:33 PM

Default Nov 20-23rd

Hey everyone, looking to get out this weekend I have Friday, Saturday Sunday and Monday off.. It's my second season hunting, have all my gear, rifle etc.

Going after whitetail general and 2nd sup tag, Also have a general elk tag.

Responsible with firearms, easy going will pitch on gas food and whatever else.

Have a truck but it's 2wd and I haven't put my winters on yet so hoping we can use your truck

Located in Edmonton.

Pm me!!!
Old 11-22-2015, 05:49 PM

Anybody want to help me fill my WT general tag?

I'm edmonton area.

Bow hunting only. Will share meat. Would just like some knowledgeable/experiance person with me!
Old 08-11-2009, 07:26 PM

Thumbs up

Good Evening,

Since this year a was not able to apply for tag i am hoping to find a few good partner for geese and ducks around Wainwright i got many decoys and i love that sport so if interested leave me a message.

JP
Old 08-12-2009, 12:40 AM

Its really hard to hook up with someone unless we state were we are looking to hunt. Any ladies out their looking to take up the chase this fall, 15 years of hunting experience, own gun, 7mm08 and 358ruger for the big boys, can field dress and know my way around pretty good. Rocky area
Old 08-12-2009, 07:16 AM

I m a newbie too. Looking to go duck and geese hunting and looking to go anytime you are!!!! Call me up! - Jeff 7809295225
Old 08-12-2009, 07:59 AM
Banned

You guys gotta say where your from and where you wanna hunt if you want to be taken seriously.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:42 PM

Default Re: hunting partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
You guys gotta say where your from and where you wanna hunt if you want to be taken seriously.
Just moved to morinville recently from up north have all my own gear atvs and anything else needed nice collection of gunz. Im willing to travel anywhere within 2-2.5hrs from morinville to hunt im very experienced in black bear but newby to deer elk moose etc not afrsid to pull my own weight or get dirty im just dieing to get in hunting target shoiting get togather for reloading just picked up a full kit and still trying to get s grip on it. Or just get in the bush atv hiking anything let me know if you want a patnter
Old 09-08-2015, 08:29 PM

Good point Cal when you posted: "You guys gotta say where your from and where you wanna hunt if you want to be taken seriously".
It's too confusing to figure out what, where and when people want to hunt. Please all guys be more specific.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viral_override@hotmail.co View Post
I m a newbie too. Looking to go duck and geese hunting and looking to go anytime you are!!!! Call me up! - Jeff 7809295225
oh..Edmonton...and I ll go anywhere within 4 hours drive.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:11 AM
Banned

Wow, this dude wants to hunt. Somebody better take this guy out. I myself dont know a ton about waterfowl hunting so it would not be worth the 3 hour drive to come up here for some mediocre duck hunting.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:08 PM

Hey there,
Im a guide for waterfowl and we spend close to 90 days straight blasting birds on personal and buisness hunts. If you want, you are more then welcome to come out if we need another blind filled. Give me a shout....Jeff 780 531 7747
Old 08-15-2014, 10:24 AM

Duck & Goose hunter from Nanaimo, BC looking for hunting partner to hunt Alberta in Oct.
Hunting experience 55 years. If interested you can call 204 941-9315 to set up s hunt
Old 08-16-2014, 12:30 AM

Default New bowhunter

I am looking to hunt big game in wmu 312/406. Lots of crown land graze leases out here which i plan to hunt however I am not sure how to procure permission. I am a 44 year old first timer and would like to hook up with an experienced bowhunter to show me the ropes. I shoot a recurve in the instinctive style and practice short range snap shooting as I am not above taking opportunities and maybe eating a little pheasant or rabbit. I am respectful; and quiet when I need to be. I am really looking forward to finding a mentor and filing our freezers this year.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:23 PM

Default Hunting anywhere between St. Paul to Bonnyville

Hey there all. I am looking for a hunting partner(s) for the upcoming season. I am still fairly new to hunting but have the basics down. I am friendly and respectful and am not into drugs or drinking while hunting (by the fire afterwards I will tip a beer or two).

Looking for people in the St. Paul to Bonnyville area. Thanks a lot and happy hunting.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:08 PM

Default Edmonton based

50 yr old male,been hunting 7 yrs, not much time but managed to get a Whitetail in the freezer more often then not. No Family members or close friends are hunters so this forum, books, Wild TV and the internet have been my teachers. have always hunted alone, but think it might be nice to join up with some good people for a hunt or 2. Social drinker ( never around guns or when hunting) not really a road hunter , prefer blinds or walking.
I have no problem pitching in around camp and I am a decent cook too!
Member of the Wild wood gun club, let me know if your camp has a spot.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:20 PM

I'd really like to get into some Waterfowl hunting this year. I'm going to make a go of it on my own, but if anyone would like another shotgun along on a trip, please fire me a pm. I'm in Edson and would travel up to 4 hours - preferably for a full weekend hunt.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:51 PM

31 year old, got posted to wainwright, don't know too many people out here, looking for people to go hunting with. have firearms, licenses etc. looking to mainly get into waterfowl hunting, but definitely want to get a deer or two for the freezer this season as well. have clothes, truck, calls, decoy, kayak, etc. anybody in the area?
Of one who has done well
Old 09-05-2014, 09:42 AM

Default Lloydminster Alberta

I'm looking for a hunting partner for water fowl in and
around lloydminster. I done some a few years ago but my buddy
moved away, looking to get back into it. I'm pretty layed back
kind of guy in my late 40s. Just want to get out some Saturdays
and shoot a bird or two and if I don't shoot anything that's ok also.
I follow the law to the latter . I have some gear such as decoys
and other things. No spot scoped out yet.