Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-10-2020, 07:22 PM

Default IHunter searching for GL?

IHunter confuses me....
So a rancher has a grazing lease and has more that “might” be open for hunting but she won’t tell me where they are located. If I have a grazing lease, owners name (from the IHunter map) can I search for that name in other locations?
Old 08-10-2020, 07:28 PM

Yes. If you buy the grazing lease map. It will show you who owns the grazing lease and there preferred method of contact along with there access conditions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2020, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
IHunter confuses me....
So a rancher has a grazing lease and has more that “might” be open for hunting but she won’t tell me where they are located. If I have a grazing lease, owners name (from the IHunter map) can I search for that name in other locations?
I don't believe you can search for the name of a leaseholder. I could be wrong but I don't know why I would even want to do that?

I search for areas that I want to hunt in and when I see a grazing lease I hit on it and it tell me the lease holders name, contact details and conditions.

Why would a leaseholder want to tell you where all their leases are located? It's all on you to know where you want to hunt, select an area to hunt and then, if there are leases in the area you want to hunt on, get permission from the leaseholder.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
I don't believe you can search for the name of a leaseholder. I could be wrong but I don't know why I would even want to do that?

I search for areas that I want to hunt in and when I see a grazing lease I hit on it and it tell me the lease holders name, contact details and conditions.

Why would a leaseholder want to tell you where all their leases are located? It's all on you to know where you want to hunt, select an area to hunt and then, if there are leases in the area you want to hunt on, get permission from the leaseholder.
I like the sign up method for this lease holder. And it’s not “on them” to tell me where their leases are, I get that ...that’s why I want to search for the ones they do own. They manage the land very well and the leases of theirs that I have been on are chock full of deer and elk.

They have other leases “somewhere” and that’s why I’m trying to search by lease owner.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:57 PM

Old thread, but yes you can search for a leaseholder by name in iHunter. In the Crown tab there is a list item that you click on, and can search by name, GRL #, etc.
Old 10-09-2020, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmac View Post
Old thread, but yes you can search for a leaseholder by name in iHunter. In the Crown tab there is a list item that you click on, and can search by name, GRL #, etc.
Great information...thanks!
Old 10-11-2020, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmac View Post
This is interesting. Not sure I’d ever use it, but good to know the option is available!