Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-22-2020, 08:32 AM

Default 410 o/u ? what to do ?

So I was having a couple drinks with a neighboring farmer , chatting about the fall harvest and life. He says I got a gun you might like ....... goes to his safe and brings out a savage 410 o/u , didn't remember to get a model # , sorry. shows it to me and looks in decent shape , looks like mid 80's early 90's vintage , plainish stock. Says the kids don't want it , he doesn't use it , am I interested? I said kinda interested ...... its just not a gun I would use much. I also don't have any clue about the value of the gun so I was afraid to make an offer , didn't want to insult the man , or grossly overpay. So I'm left with an open offer to make him an offer anytime I like. Thoughts ????
Old 10-22-2020, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfish View Post
So I was having a couple drinks with a neighboring farmer , chatting about the fall harvest and life. He says I got a gun you might like ....... goes to his safe and brings out a savage 410 o/u , didn't remember to get a model # , sorry. shows it to me and looks in decent shape , looks like mid 80's early 90's vintage , plainish stock. Says the kids don't want it , he doesn't use it , am I interested? I said kinda interested ...... its just not a gun I would use much. I also don't have any clue about the value of the gun so I was afraid to make an offer , didn't want to insult the man , or grossly overpay. So I'm left with an open offer to make him an offer anytime I like. Thoughts ????
Was it the combination rifle? 410 over 22, savage model 24? If yes I just watched one of those go for >$750 at auction a month ago.

I have a chiappa double badger 20/22...same idea, combination rifles are pretty neat to have. Good bushwacking varmint gun.
Old 10-22-2020, 10:05 AM

Call your neighbour and get a model number. Also need barrel length and whether it takes 2.75 or 3" 410 shells, which will be marked on the barrels. Without that no one is going to be able to give you decent advice.
Old 10-25-2020, 06:51 PM

Default 410

I too am interested if this is still available.
Old 10-25-2020, 07:35 PM

If it’s .410 both barrels I’m interested
Old 10-26-2020, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham1 View Post
If it’s .410 both barrels I’m interested
X2