Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-17-2019, 07:43 PM

I see their acquisitions from the Oilers are paying dividends, Talbot let in a 6 spot already tonight and Lucich is still a pilon, 2 games in a row now and they cant score

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:44 PM

??? What’s going on with AO’s team?? ??
Old 11-17-2019, 07:45 PM
Banned

A memorable week starting on Nov 11 for the phlegms. 9 periods - ONE goal!!! LOL. Outscored 12-1. Their best hope for defence was the video replay. VERY enjoyable. I see Lucic also doing his job! Phlegm player gets sent to the dressing room by Reaves and Lucic does NOTHING. One positive for the shames is they can’t get any worse.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
I see their acquisitions from the Oilers are paying dividends, Talbot let in a 6 spot already tonight and Lucich is still a pilon, 2 games in a row now and they cant score
You expect your team to win any games without scoring goals in the last 2 games....YUP...blame the goaltender everytime

Good you guys pick on LUC...What about the top line? How about the 3 M line?

Start watching hockey and you will grasp what is happening
Old 11-17-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post
You expect your team to win any games without scoring goals in the last 2 games....YUP...blame the goaltender everytime

Puljujarvi is up for grabs.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:54 PM

Awesome look at the lineup in here tonight. Have fun Oiler fans.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:58 PM

Alright Brad and Bill, me thinks you're up? Trade, healthy scratch, call ups, change the lineup (for more than 2 periods please), etc.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:04 PM

we need to trade Gaudreau and Monahan.

These players are not gamers. They wont take this team to the playoffs past the first round.

Build your team around Tkachuk
Old 11-17-2019, 08:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk eater View Post
I’m thinking Vegas is just what the Flames need to get back in the win column. If the Blackhawks and Kings can beat em then so should the Flames.
Ended up a son in law situation. LOL. Not quite what you were hoping for
Old 11-17-2019, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boah View Post
Ended up a son in law situation. LOL. Not quite what you were hoping for
Oh I’m fine with it. But Ouch !!! That stings. I don’t want the Flames to ever do better than the oilers. I sure would like to play Calgary in the first round though. Let’s hope they can get it together and nail down that wild card spot 😏
Old 11-17-2019, 08:25 PM

No Brodie
No Hamonic
No Kylington
No Valimaki
No goals
No offence
No drive
No heart
No cap space
No trade partners

Last edited by Pixel Shooter; 11-17-2019 at 08:31 PM.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:29 PM
Banned

Why is the leafs the only ones talking about a coach change. I believe the shames have been a bigger disappointment.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:31 PM

Coach and goal tending not our problem
Quote:
Why is the leafs the only ones talking about a coach change. I believe the shames have been a bigger disappointment.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
Coach and goal tending not our problem
Really? Lucic on the ice with 2 minutes left, needing a goal, IS a coaching problem.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Really? Lucic on the ice with 2 minutes left, needing a goal, IS a coaching problem.
That exact question was asked many many times in Oil Town
Old 11-17-2019, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
That exact question was asked many many times in Oil Town
Remember they put looch out on the ice with Jesus and drai first shift of ot 3vs 3? Omg. That’s a coaching problem...
Old 11-17-2019, 09:09 PM

Did you watch the game? He actually played good and was 0. Gaudreau and Monahan -5. Got chippy. Was there for a reason. Game was out of hand.

Quote:
Old 11-17-2019, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Did you watch the game? He actually played good and was 0. Gaudreau and Monahan -5. Got chippy. Was there for a reason. Game was out of hand.
I noted Reaves !!! Lucic not so much. That being said. Not noticing Lucic is a good thing.
Old 11-17-2019, 09:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Lucic has never played a good game.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Lucic has never played a good game.
It's comments like this that help people realize you really don't have a clue what you're talking about when it comes to hockey.

5 NHL seasons of twenty goals or more, including one of 30. May not be hall of fame material, but to say the player has never played a good game reflects more on you and your short comings than the players skill level.

You really just say crap to antagonize and aggravate. Most people quit doing that by the time they got out of grade school
Old 11-17-2019, 10:32 PM
Banned

LOL. Lucic is the worst player in the league. Has been ever since he signed the big contract. More of his goals are scored by deflection off his azz than off his stick. Most people learn to not get antagonized by the time they are out of grade school. Sorry if the truth hurts your heart. The Shames will have better days. Can’t get any worse.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk eater View Post
I’m thinking Vegas is just what the Flames need to get back in the win column. If the Blackhawks and Kings can beat em then so should the Flames.
Or not...
Old 11-17-2019, 11:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
LOL. Lucic is the worst player in the league. Has been ever since he signed the big contract. More of his goals are scored by deflection off his azz than off his stick. Most people learn to not get antagonized by the time they are out of grade school. Sorry if the truth hurts your heart. The Shames will have better days. Can’t get any worse.
Brilliant observation as usual.
Old 11-18-2019, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww the flames are NOT my team and never will be, I was being sarcastic about the off season trades and the dividends they were paying, their lack of scoring as a team and especially the 3M doesn't really bother me in fact and Luc is a pilon and has been for a couple years now, thank god he is in Calgary

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
Wowwwwwwwwwwwww the flames are NOT my team and never will be, I was being sarcastic about the off season trades and the dividends they were paying, their lack of scoring as a team and especially the 3M doesn't really bother me in fact and Luc is a pilon and has been for a couple years now, thank god he is in Calgary
He’s not talking about “your” team specifically. It’s a general term. lol
Old 11-18-2019, 07:07 AM

The Flames will right the ship. Too much talent, decent goaltending from Rittich, and a good coach. But to my eye, Lucic's lack of response was appalling. It could have been WWIII and he would have done nothing. I am not bashing the Flames, as I want both Alberta teams to succeed, but last night is exactly what we watched out of Lucic his last two disgusting years with the Oilers. Our guys got run all the time and all he did was glare. It was inexcusable that he did not force Reaves to fight. He gets 6 LARGE to show his teammates he will always have their back. He showed them a lot last night, don't kid yourselves. It is a travesty that the CBA does not allow a team to jettison a slug like that's arse out the door. Oh well, I hope you score big with the 3rd rounder coming your way. Reaves was a 5th rounder, so maybe you can get an enforcer.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:14 AM

The travesty is not the CBA, Teams and management should suffer the consequences of bad decisions. Edmonton and Chiarelli did, Calgary and Treliving are taking their turn.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
The travesty is not the CBA, Teams and management should suffer the consequences of bad decisions. Edmonton and Chiarelli did, Calgary and Treliving are taking their turn.
No, you are overlooking the fact that all managers are human, and the ones who suffer the most are the fans who pay the bills of all the team members. Every team should have one Mulligan per year. That would keep all players motivated, especially the 30+ year olds who scored the big contract and go on cruise control.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
No, you are overlooking the fact that all managers are human, and the ones who suffer the most are the fans who pay the bills of all the team members. Every team should have one Mulligan per year. That would keep all players motivated, especially the 30+ year olds who scored the big contract and go on cruise control.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I like the idea, but If Teams with buckets of money can buy out their mistakes, does that not kind of undermine the cap and put the small markets in a bad position ?
Old 11-18-2019, 10:54 AM

I think the Flames will turn it around, usually maybe 1 or 2 player's totals drop off from year to year but not the whole team.

But if it doesn't turn around quick I think there will be trades. I can see the Flames reaching out to the Jets who are in desperate need of defense and have some excess talent up front. If one of the following...Brodie, Hamonic, or Hanifin were made available, I wonder what would come back in return.

2 others that might shake things up and bring a decent return are Frolik and/or Bennett. I think your other forwards up front are either too valuable, a bargain and needed for the cap, or un-tradeable (can I hear a Looch!)

Trading Gaudreau wouldn't be a great move, not because he is a franchise player, but because I think the jury is still out on whether he can really be effective long term and especially in the playoff given his size. There is a reason he went in the later rounds during the draft. I refer to Gaudreau as a "pleasant surprise" for the Flames who is out performing his draft value.