Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 06:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloszz View Post
Has anyone else had too much time on their hands, and started to think what their guns have seen? I wonder if my SKS has ever killed anyone during any of the wars, or a grease gun my friend has. How would it make you feel to know you own a murder accessory? Is there any way to really know?
Murder??
Is that how you view those who proudly served this country?
Really?
You must be confused with Trutards degenerate ISIS and, commie buddies.
You just insulted my grandfather and his six brothers who fought Hitler and all the other allied forces, and armed forces.
Speakin ill of the dead ain’t cool.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Perhaps the timing was not right then with all that is going on with guns/killing to sit and think about it is one thing but to post it is another. Tuff enough times for the shooting sports and this is what the forum is full of people involved in the shooting sports so let's not feed the anti gun people another thread they can feed on.
The anti gun lobby and others like minded don,t need any reason to bash us , They can come up with anything they dream up to satisfy their cause.The pro gun groups have been in a tough time for quite a long time ,!
Gloszz posted a reasonable question , If we are that squeamish and sensitive about anything posted on here perhaps we should take up golfing.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:13 PM

Look up Dead Man’s Gun...
Old 03-07-2018, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
The anti gun lobby and others like minded don,t need any reason to bash us , They can come up with anything they dream up to satisfy their cause.The pro gun groups have been in a tough time for quite a long time ,!
Gloszz posted a reasonable question , If we are that squeamish and sensitive about anything posted on here perhaps we should take up golfing.
Perhaps realizing posts like this on a public forum make all gun owners look like unstable and blood thirsty mental cases to the antis, and cast a wary eye from those who for the most part could be swayed to the anti point of view.

There’s conversations we can have around a fire with a tot of some sort of liquor in hand. Then there’s conversations we have in the public eye. This conversation is best kept to the campfire setting.

There are no absolutes

Last edited by Dick284; 03-07-2018 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
Murder??
Is that how you view those who proudly served this country?
Really?
You must be confused with Trutards degenerate ISIS and, commie buddies.
You just insulted my grandfather and his six brothers who fought Hitler and all the other allied forces, and armed forces.
Speakin ill of the dead ain’t cool.
I did not say that. I explained my choice of words underneath. Well I am offended that many people think that the German death camps in Poland, were in fact Polish death camps. The Jewish propaganda is ridiculous. They were not the only victims in Auschwitz.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
I did not say that. I explained my choice of words underneath. Well I am offended that many people think that the German death camps in Poland, were in fact Polish death camps. The Jewish propaganda is ridiculous. They were not the only victims in Auschwitz.
What? Are you running a high fever?
Old 03-07-2018, 08:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Gloszz I think your question was a totally reasonable question, Some may be too proud to admit they have thought the same of guns or knives , or vehicles OR perhaps their WIVES etc etc. AND don,t forget you are on a forum as with any forum ,where there is ALWAYS someone who will disagree with you or twist it to make you feel bad ! Its a subtle form of bullying.
Just curious after reading the OP what possible positive impression of hunting, shooting or firearms do you think would be discussed? As you can see almost every comment has a negative connotation, which I believe is what the other members were referring to.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornedeerhunter View Post
What? Are you running a high fever?
No. Look:

https://youtu.be/dq_ihZX_AB4

https://i.stuff.co.nz/world/10198372...ryone-is-happy

Look it up yourself. A bunch of videos on Facebook were circulating about Jewish people bashing Poland and Poles.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
No. Look:

https://youtu.be/dq_ihZX_AB4

https://i.stuff.co.nz/world/10198372...ryone-is-happy

Look it up yourself. A bunch of videos on Facebook were circulating about Jewish people bashing Poland and Poles.
Seek help. You started a thread implying soldiers are murderers and now you've taken an insane left turn into the holocaust. Perhaps the Jews were bashing the Poles that collaborated with the Nazi's as is clearly indicated in the article you cited. You're a troll, go away.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Seek help. You started a thread implying soldiers are murderers and now you've taken an insane left turn into the holocaust. Perhaps the Jews were bashing the Poles that collaborated with the Nazi's as is clearly indicated in the article you cited. You're a troll, go away.
Did you read the whole thread? Someone said that I offended him and his 6 family members because they fought Hitler's army. I said I never said or meant to offend and I joked I'm offended by the holocaust thing. It was sarcasm.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Did you read the whole thread? Someone said that I offended him and his 6 family members because they fought Hitler's army. I said I never said or meant to offend and I joked I'm offended by the holocaust thing. It was sarcasm.
The second someone breaks Godwins Law in a conversation it immediately destroys any point you were trying to make no matter how articulate, lucid, well thought out or well intentioned it may have been.

Joking about the industrial extermination of 6 million people and trying to justify it by the inference of Jews who may be harbouring well earned anger towards collaborators in Poland is beyond idiotic.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
The second someone breaks Godwins Law in a conversation it immediately destroys any point you were trying to make no matter how articulate, lucid, well thought out or well intentioned it may have been.

Joking about the industrial extermination of 6 million people and trying to justify it by the inference of Jews who may be harbouring well earned anger towards collaborators in Poland is beyond idiotic.
Now you are just twisting my words. I never said I was joking about the holocaust. I said I was being sarcastic about being offended. I refuse to get too deep into politics but look what propaganda Netanyahu is spreading after Poland passed the law. You'll never understand.
Old 03-08-2018, 05:42 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up

Quote:
But why throw fuel on a fire your trying to put out?

Some reasonable questions need to be put forth in a timely fashion as with life you have to know your people and understand your audience...tactics 101...now back to my golf game.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 03-08-2018, 07:24 AM
Banned

I often think of the adventures a gun might of been on. I know I’ve got a couple of adventures with my favourite rifle. A distant cousin is supposed to have a pistol that another relative used when he was part of the Jesse James gang. The stories some of these guns could tell
Old 03-08-2018, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
But why throw fuel on a fire your trying to put out?

Some reasonable questions need to be put forth in a timely fashion as with life you have to know your people and understand your audience...tactics 101...now back to my golf game.
The original question is not reasonable nor is it normal.

-Billy Molls
Old 03-08-2018, 08:41 AM

OP has requested thread to be closed.
Closed Thread