Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-04-2018, 08:23 PM

Default .240 Weatherby yote hunts

I’ve got a .240 Weatherby I shoot dogs with and the odd deer when it’s on hand wondering if anyone else shoots one of these? And if anyone’s got a good fast accurate load they might be willing to share. Currently shooting 95gr bergers over 49 hrs of H4831 and gettin 3100fps or so but deadly accurate one ragged hole groups wouldn’t mind something flying around the 3500 or so mark I know it’s deffintily doable in this little laser. If nothing else let’s hear what you’ve shot and what your shootin with it
Old 03-05-2018, 06:18 PM

Default 240 weatherby

Why change if you are getting that kind of accuracy. I would take accuracy over bullet speed any day.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:00 PM

I'd agree with trigger - if you are already printing legitimate clover leafs in paper you don't need another load - nobody's advice here will improve on that.

It's takes quite a bit of load to development to get to where you already are - and, keep in mind each rifle is different compared to the next - so getting a load recommendation would only be another "starting point" to your journey of getting back to where you already are now.