Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-28-2015, 08:25 AM

Default irunguns

Have any of you used them?
Looking at having thin bring something in for me but never used them..
Thanks
Old 02-28-2015, 09:19 AM

Default irunguns

I have bought from them directly and had them import for me, I have nothing but good things to say about their service! Deal with Irunguns with confidence!
Old 02-28-2015, 09:21 AM

Their import system is slick and works as advertised. Communicating with them can be a challenge, however.

That said, if there are no issues with your order just wait, it will be work out just fine.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:27 AM

Default Irunguns

Used to be great, but they have got major issues right now PM me for details if you wish. I would say go through Prophet River until Irunguns gets their Sh!t together. I used to be a huge promoter of them but they have truly let me down several times in the last couple months and not once offered to compensate for their short fallings.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:35 AM

I've heard they've started to suck, prophet has always been goo, I'd go with prophet river
Old 03-02-2015, 08:51 AM

IRG is awesome.

its only a few guys running it so phone and email's can take a while.

but the import is easy, they also now have a Canadian webstore that stocks alot of stuff.

What are you looking to bring in ?
Old 03-03-2015, 10:55 AM

They seem to bite off more then they can chew, then have issues with the complaints and customer's questions and things spiral from there. Communication was terrible, promises weren't kept, follow-up was difficult because of communication, service generally terrible. I'm sure they are working hard, but not hard at fixing issues or learning from past experiences.

I've used them once. I've seen the same or very similar situations happen over and over. Would I recommend them to anybody else?

No.

My experiences (multiple) with Prophet River have been exceptional. Fair pricing, quick shipping, awesome communication. Recommended.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:10 PM

Used them twice with no issues. Communication is a bit tough due to the size of the operation.

Most issues come from people not understanding the process and/or needing update after update on their purchase.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:19 PM

I was planning on using them just to see how it went, new outfit and all, but after the time lag of waiting for emails and phone calls from deep orbit around Alpha Seti 5, I just decided to stick with Clay and Prophet River. They have been exceptional every time, and I won't even bother looking beyond them from this point on. They have earned their reputation and trust, and their prices are more than fair for the service they provide.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-03-2015, 05:25 PM

After reading all of the concerns with them looks like Prophet will be getting my money..
Old 03-03-2015, 05:25 PM

Sorry thanks for all the replies.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I was planning on using them just to see how it went, new outfit and all, but after the time lag of waiting for emails and phone calls from deep orbit around Alpha Seti 5, I just decided to stick with Clay and Prophet River. They have been exceptional every time, and I won't even bother looking beyond them from this point on. They have earned their reputation and trust, and their prices are more than fair for the service they provide.
Clay might be the boss there but its Melissa you can thank for their importing service. She's a real sweetheart and has it all organized as best it can be.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Thumper View Post
Clay might be the boss there but its Melissa you can thank for their importing service. She's a real sweetheart and has it all organized as best it can be.
I couldn't agree with you more, and I did primarily deal with her. She is a credit to the business, and I know Clay appreciates her as well. I wish I had a few employees like that. TC

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-03-2015, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I couldn't agree with you more, and I did primarily deal with her. She is a credit to the business, and I know Clay appreciates her as well. I wish I had a few employees like that. TC
I think importing firearms is a bit of a gong show at best of times with all the permits from both sides etc and customers , some of whom are wonderful, some who are 'not so much' so I think she does a pretty good job of it. I'm in PR often but don't see much of her as she's in the mail order area mostly but I think she's away on mat leave soon.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:41 PM

Don't forget Tanner at Prophet River He just found a one of 250 winchester 1873 for me A 30% deposit and it will be here late summer. Clay and staff are the best. Phil.