Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-12-2019, 02:34 PM

Default Slave Lake - Roland On The River

hey gang -- hoping maybe some folks on here have info. The wife and I are looking to do Slave Lake over Labour Day. We were going to stay at Norm's, but they apparently have a 3 night minimum and we're only going to be doing 2 nights, so they said for us to check with Roland. There is absolutely ZERO online presence for Roland's, which is generally a red flag for me. Has anyone here stayed there before and/or rented a boat? We're looking to do 2 nights at Slave and rent a boat while we're up there.......Roland's seems to be the only place we can do that.

Any info would be greatly appreciated -- thanks in advance!
Old 08-12-2019, 05:01 PM

Default Great

My wife and I stayed at Roland’s during the August long weekend. Yes you can rent a boat. Fishing was horrible due to very muddy water from the many rainstorms they have had the last month or so. They supply you with water, free of charge and pump out your tanks for $20. They have a bait store and a good launch. The site we were in was sandy and with the rain made it messy. It rained every single day we were there. We will go back again as they are very good hosts. Fishing is usually pretty good. Hope this helps. BEL
Old 08-12-2019, 05:12 PM

Roland is packed trailer to trailer hardly enough room for a camper over 20’.
Definitely not a place I would camp again.
I would go a little farther to Marten Beach.
Old 08-12-2019, 06:04 PM

Do they have cabins for rent?? I don't have a trailer so I'm definitely not camping. Looking for cabin and boat rental. Norm's woulda been perfect if not for the mandatory 3 night minimum...
Old 08-12-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa View Post
Do they have cabins for rent?? I don't have a trailer so I'm definitely not camping. Looking for cabin and boat rental. Norm's woulda been perfect if not for the mandatory 3 night minimum...

They have a couple cabins but they are pretty booked up in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2019, 07:07 AM

We weren’t packed in. Our space had thick rows of bush beside us and our neighbors. I am sure some spots are tight to others as one of the previous writers mentions. BEL
Old 08-13-2019, 12:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa View Post
hey gang -- hoping maybe some folks on here have info. The wife and I are looking to do Slave Lake over Labour Day. We were going to stay at Norm's, but they apparently have a 3 night minimum and we're only going to be doing 2 nights, so they said for us to check with Roland. There is absolutely ZERO online presence for Roland's, which is generally a red flag for me. Has anyone here stayed there before and/or rented a boat? We're looking to do 2 nights at Slave and rent a boat while we're up there.......Roland's seems to be the only place we can do that.

Any info would be greatly appreciated -- thanks in advance!
You believe just cause he ain’t on the Internet it’s bad!??? Well he’s survived without you being there,