Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-17-2019, 03:16 PM

Default First Lite Sizing

Hey everyone!

I’m wanting to pick up some First Lite gear, but curious if anyone has any input for sizing. I’m 6’0.5” tall 180lbs and usually wear 32x32 pants. Im looking to buy the catalyst pants, jacket and the wick hoodie. Seems like now you can only order online, so trying stuff on before purchasing doesn’t seem like an option. Thanks in advance for any input. Cheers
Old 08-17-2019, 03:20 PM

Hey man, I'm 5'11 and 165lb, usually wear 30 waist 32 inseam pants. Medium obsidian were too big. Small fits perfect for me, with good length overall to cover any boot, without draggin in the mud.
I'd say medium is your size, unless you have absurdly large thighs.
Old 08-17-2019, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petster774 View Post
Hey man, I'm 5'11 and 165lb, usually wear 30 waist 32 inseam pants. Medium obsidian were too big. Small fits perfect for me, with good length overall to cover any boot, without draggin in the mud.
I'd say medium is your size, unless you have absurdly large thighs.
Thanks man! That’s what I was thinking too. Appreciate the advice
Old 08-17-2019, 06:30 PM

I've ordered from there just using their sizing chart and found it pretty spot on. The T shirts fit as a normal t shirt and the other clothing fits pretty spot on once you measure and size on the website. One word of advice; If you plan to use the lightweight stuff in later season with layers be sure to size up as it is an "athletic fit"
Old 08-17-2019, 10:46 PM

There is the sizing testimonials of 100 dudes on their site for each piece of gear. It's how I figured my correct size.
Old 08-18-2019, 12:19 PM

I'm basically the same build as you, most of the stuff I'm wearing from FL is in ML. I have product from base layers to rain gear in duplicate the only item I would change is the unprenounancable (puffy coat). I wish I had purchased a large.

My only complaint with FL clothing is every pair of pants I have the crotch has blown out. No biggy I just have it resewn as the threads go. Beside that the pants are awesome and probably the 2nd best pants I've recreated in.
That said Prana Zion pants are 100% better in every way and close to half the cost.