Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 04-11-2023, 10:07 AM

Well I will PM Huntinstuff the results of the pronghorn hunt I am doing with my brother but will not be sharing it on open forum.

Way too much drama on this forum
Old 04-11-2023, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
Here's another angle some Outfitters are frequently playing these days.

Instead of selling their hunt, they are trading them for hunts with other outfitters in other provinces and countries.

Again, Chad Lenz has been very active in doing this.
He was even advertising on an American Hunt Trade forum.
He even offered what was described as a "Landowner Tag" hunt to trade.
F&W shut that down, I have the evidence.

Trading Outfitter Allocations does not bring in ANY money to the economy, other than a few dollars for the tag.
Pure greed and abuse of what these allocations were meant to be.
I was all a crap show from the beginning. Only a few guys were opposed to the set-up as it was presented at the time. Majority rules, even when they are wrong.
Its really amazinng how that set-up was ignored by the Govt .of the day. Those allocations which were all auctioned off for between $125.00- $2400.00 (excluding Sheep as they were held back for the existing Class A Outfitters). Now I hear many allocations are trading around $50,000, Sad scene indeed, but no surprise.
Like i Indicated, some of us wanted the Govt to retain ownership of all the allocations and simply lease them to outfitters. That way the ownership and control of the
resource remaind Gov't property . It began similar to that but not sure what it actually is now. Methinks they are now sold and gone. Forever.

Last edited by Salavee; 04-11-2023 at 10:32 AM.
Old 04-11-2023, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
Not just money, but legal and full Ownership of our Wildlife.
These allocations, despite assurances from the government that they never will be, are becoming Real Property due to court decisions.
First was an Estate dispute that made a decision these Allocations are Real Property,
and then the international financing fiasco by Chad Lenz (former APOS President) with the Sheep allocations.
Chad really screwed over all Albertans with his financing moves, with damage that has yet to be fully realized.

As time goes by these allocations are slipping out of government control and the Wildlife is becoming the property of Individuals, Albertans and any one else in the world with the money to buy them.

Allowing Residents to hunt on the Allocations will hasten the slide into full private ownership of what was a resource held in trust by the government for ALL People.

It's sad when people don't look into the future, to see what their own personal short term pleasure will cost everyone else, all the while claiming to be innocent of the damage they cause.
I worked for two different Outfitters in Alberta they were owned by Americans had a resident Alberta running the Hunts and had it in his name ,but he was not the owner they would get guides to do Hunter host for their American friends which I never did. I could write a book about Outfitters in Alberta.
Old 04-11-2023, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
I worked for two different Outfitters in Alberta they were owned by Americans had a resident Alberta running the Hunts and had it in his name ,but he was not the owner they would get guides to do Hunter host for their American friends which I never did. I could write a book about Outfitters in Alberta.
Perhaps the greatest abuse of the Hunter Host system is by licenced outfitters and guides.
Maybe this is why APOS is so insistent that people are using Hunter Hosts to guide illegally, because "They" are.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."