Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-04-2020, 08:20 PM

Default CAlling

Any reports ?
Old 07-05-2020, 10:00 PM

If your talking Calling Lake, then yes the fishing is good, but again yesterday was not day for small boats, and today was hardly a boat on the water. You'll find walleye from 6' to 16' and just about anywhere on the lake. Not a lot of pike, but some nice sizes when you get one. We fish Rock Island today to get out of the wind, but couldn't find any big pike, but did land a few nice walleye, but had to work for them off the rock islands. There was only one other boat on the lake, but that is a testament to the poor fishery that it is.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:11 PM
Banned

Calling lake is still a great fishery, like Barry said big pike if you can find them, big waves if the wind is blowing 15km/h or more, and lots of walleye. I’ve done really well out there this year, it’s always a good time until the algae shows up.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Calling lake is still a great fishery, like Barry said big pike if you can find them, big waves if the wind is blowing 15km/h or more, and lots of walleye. I’ve done really well out there this year, it’s always a good time until the algae shows up.
When does the algae usually show up as we are heading out there this week.Thanks
Old 08-07-2020, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltye View Post
When does the algae usually show up as we are heading out there this week.Thanks
Algae is already arriving. I was there about a week ago at the south end of the lake by the PP and the wind was out of the north. Some big globs floating and my white braid was coming in green. It wasn't quite a slick on the surface yet, but it's building up.

Whether or not you're sitting in algae depends on where you are and which way the wind's blowing.

I was hoping to get out this weekend but it looks like the wind is going to be too strong. WeatherCan app on my phone showing hourly says 30 kmh winds tomorrow around 06:00 with gust up to 50 kmh and it's going to be like that most of the day. Weather Network website has the following:

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca...a/calling-lake

Check the "7 day" forecast portion and look at the wind

Looks like it won't be a good weekend for fishing **sigh**
I am the captain of my soul.

***William Henley***