Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 07:48 AM

Looks like RAFTER is TOP GUN from what I see. Thanks for hiding there RAFTER. You figured you lost the battle an people can see you are a douche and you ran. Good for you. Trying another approach with the handle TOP GUN now isn't going to help you.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower2506 View Post
Didn't catch it did ya!!!! Typical, I simply stated we ALL evolved from gatherers, It doesn't matter what part of the planet you live on, everyone was at one time in history a gatherer, but NOW only some races and combinations of races has the RIGHT to carry on their RIGHT to GATHER.
Still don't get it do you?? You are a Subject of the Queen of England, you are a serf in your own land!! You have no rights other than those given to you by our Constitution / Bill of Rights etc....aboriginal people ONLY have those RIGHTS because they are protected for them under the same British Common Laws. Get edumecated a little bit before you spout off please.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
Still don't get it do you?? You are a Subject of the Queen of England, you are a serf in your own land!!
The Queen? Lol THE QUEEN!! Oh man, If I could get one solid harvest of whatever is is you are smoking I would be a millionaire! The Queen has not had any power or say in England let alone Canada for a longgggg time. We have to listen to our own crooked politicians here, not some lady who dated father time and resides across the pond.

Aboriginals are treated special which goes against the Charter of rights and freedoms, The same crap document people always turn to to claim free speech......Haha
Old 07-06-2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.S View Post
The Queen? Lol THE QUEEN!! Oh man, If I could get one solid harvest of whatever is is you are smoking I would be a millionaire! The Queen has not had any power or say in England let alone Canada for a longgggg time. We have to listen to our own crooked politicians here, not some lady who dated father time and resides across the pond.

Aboriginals are treated special which goes against the Charter of rights and freedoms, The same crap document people always turn to to claim free speech......Haha
HERE HERE FINALLY some one who can grasp a SIMPLE concept, hats off to ya sir!!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:

Think ya skipped a few Social Studies classes there young fella... wrong on all counts.

As for the queen's real power (not the ceremonial stuff) remember a while ago when the libs/NDP/Bloc were talking of forming a coalition? It would have been up to the Queen's representative in Canada, the GG, to decide who got to rule. Michele Jean's power is derived from the crown. Politicians don't get to decide.

As for special treatment going against the charter, the charter specifically says:
"25. The guarantee in this Charter of certain rights and freedoms shall not be construed so as to abrogate or derogate from any aboriginal, treaty or other rights or freedoms that pertain to the aboriginal people of Canada including

(a) any rights or freedoms that have been recognized by the Royal Proclamation of October 7, 1763; and
(b) any rights or freedoms that now exist by way of land claims agreements or may be so acquired. "
Old 07-06-2010, 09:39 AM

Quote:

Special....hooo man your sure stoopid. If you call the treatment they get in this country special your welcome too it. You can move onto any reserve you like....have fun!!! You sir are a subject of the queen, like it or not!!
Old 07-06-2010, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower2506 View Post
HERE HERE FINALLY some one who can grasp a SIMPLE concept, hats off to ya sir!!!!!!!!
Ah, were it that SIMPLE.....
Old 07-06-2010, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Special....hooo man your sure stoopid. If you call the treatment they get in this country special your welcome too it. You can move onto any reserve you like....have fun!!! You sir are a subject of the queen, like it or not!!
Not only is he stupid, but respect is obviously a very foreign word to him.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:57 AM

Old 07-06-2010, 09:58 AM

Funny, I recieved a Queen's Commission in 1998 when I became an Officer in the Canadian Forces!

http://www1.canadiana.org/citm/_text...ls/doc9_e.html

Any future negotiation with the Aboriginals was to be in done in public with representatives from Britain, and nobody else.

The final results of such negotiations were to be recorded in written treaties.

Britain alone had the right to purchase Aboriginal hunting and fishing grounds, but gave Aboriginals the right to hunt and fish on these acquired lands.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
They would have had poor elders and single mothers to feed at the assembly...which would be feeding for subsistence. If you had any inkling at all about what your mouthing off about you'd know Metis don't have 'conventions'....gawd some guys are so stoopid.
"gawd some guys are so stoopid"..... I agree!

Quote:
1870: (January 26—February 11). In order to determine the region’s political future, the Convention of Forty was held with twenty English Métis and twenty French Métis delegates They drafted the second List of Rights, which formed the basis of The Manitoba Act.
Quote:
On 28 December 1932, L'Association des Métis D' Alberta et des Territories du Nord Quest held its first convention in St. Albert.
Considering your disconnecton to Metis history, I'm not surprised you missed the fact that the Metis do not have the right to subsistence hunt on Milk River Ridge. Did you forget that the IMHA has expired?
Old 07-06-2010, 10:56 AM

Pardon me for not being more specific...Metis today don't have conventions...just like they don't usually live on road allowances anymore like in the 1930s.

The IMHA is a moot point, it is superceded by Section 35.....the provincial government has a choice, they can come to some sort of negotiated agreement & live up to it....or they will eventually have Metis Rights upheld by the Supreme Court. Don't forget those Rights are recognized and affirmed........

you should change your name to walkin' BS....you don't know Canadian Law...
Old 07-06-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
The poor living conditions and crime are their doing. The reserves like the Osoyoos band have excellent living conditions because they realized with a little work they can create an excellent environment. Are you so blind that you cannot see the extra special treatment they recieve. How about, subsidized housing, tax breaks, education grants, free health care including their ambulance rides that they treat like a taxi. Preferential hiring for jobs. Yup if a native has the basic requirements for the job any oil company will hire them over a better qualified white man. It looks good for stakeholder relations. Like I have said before. The changes for the better must come from within the reserves. If someone grabs the bull by the horn they can bring it around.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
....you don't know Canadian Law...
So why is "Wa-quish and the Glove", aka Rafter, aka Top Gun, Ron Jones in court for illegal hunting?

The law pertaining to Metis harvest rights as it is presently recognized by Alberta and Federal courts is limited to the Powley decision.

Stick to the facts.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulecrazy View Post
The poor living conditions and crime are their doing. The reserves like the Osoyoos band have excellent living conditions because they realized with a little work they can create an excellent environment. Are you so blind that you cannot see the extra special treatment they recieve. How about, subsidized housing, tax breaks, education grants, free health care including their ambulance rides that they treat like a taxi. Preferential hiring for jobs. Yup if a native has the basic requirements for the job any oil company will hire them over a better qualified white man. It looks good for stakeholder relations. Like I have said before. The changes for the better must come from within the reserves. If someone grabs the bull by the horn they can bring it around.
So your telling me that the only people in this country that get "subsidized housing, tax breaks, education grants, free health care, free ambulance rides which they can treat like taxi rides, and preferential hiring for jobs"" [man that is a mouthful] are ABORIGINALS?????

You are full of bull hooey because in each and every thing you printed there is exactly the same thing available for other sectors of our society. I think your just trying to use these lies as a way to make people resent aboriginal people by spreading your lies!!! Don't be so stoopid!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
So your telling me that the only people in this country that get "subsidized housing, tax breaks, education grants, free health care, free ambulance rides which they can treat like taxi rides, and preferential hiring for jobs"" [man that is a mouthful] are ABORIGINALS?????

If so you are full of bull hooey because in each and every thing you printed there is exactly the same thing available for other sectors of our society. I think your just trying to use these lies as a way to make people resent aboriginal people by spreading your lies!!!
Not one other race gets all these. It is legislated racism. That is fact. If not give examples of another race that gets these. Not give your childish remarks. What friggen lies???? I never said anything that was not factual. Thats a pretty sweet first 9 posts ya got here pal. I really have to laugh at the wording you use. Are you 18? you speak like someone without a lot of life experience to draw from. Maybe you are older, but just a little slow. Its tough to tell through your "tough guy" image you are attempting to draw for us.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
So why is "Wa-quish and the Glove", aka Rafter, aka Top Gun, Ron Jones in court for illegal hunting?

The law pertaining to Metis harvest rights as it is presently recognized by Alberta and Federal courts is limited to the Powley decision.

Stick to the facts.
Because that is how these court cases usually get started, the same as Powley in Ontario. An aboriginal person gets charged, it goes to court. Being charged DOES NOT mean guilty! And your way off base on the Federal Govt being limited to Powley....do a little more research will ya? Like I said, you really don't know much about this issue so why spread more disingeneious information???
Old 07-06-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Not one other race gets all these. It is legislated racism. That is fact. If not give examples of another race that gets these. Not give your childish remarks. What friggen lies???? I never said anything that was not factual. Thats a pretty sweet first 9 posts ya got here pal. I really have to laugh at the wording you use. Are you 18? you speak like someone without a lot of life experience to draw from. Maybe you are older, but just a little slow. Its tough to tell through your "tough guy" image you are attempting to draw for us.
People of all races live in subsidized housing, typically they pay 25% of their gross income as rent...check with your local social services agency to find out if any units are available and who is elegible.

Tax breaks: you only claim 50% of your capital gains as income...that sir is a tax break, doesn't matter if your chinese either!! You can also make $40,000 in dividends and pay zero income tax...usually only rich white men know about this one though....

Education grants: just contact your local college or university, they will give you a list of grants and burserys you can apply for...

You are so stoopid, I won't waste my time completeing the list....in each and every case I responded too race makes NO difference...what sort of lies are you spreading to try and make people hate aboriginals for nothing.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
People of all races live in subsidized housing, typically they pay 25% of their gross income as rent...check with your local social services agency to find out if any units are available and who is elegible.

Tax breaks: you only claim 50% of your capital gains as income...that sir is a tax break, doesn't matter if your chinese either!! You can also make $40,000 in dividends and pay zero income tax...usually only rich white men know about this one though....

Education grants: just contact your local college or university, they will give you a list of grants and burserys you can apply for...

You are so stoopid, I won't waste my time completeing the list....in each and every case I responded too race makes NO difference...what sort of lies are you spreading to try and make people hate aboriginals for nothing.

A pack of smokes cost me 12-13 bucks and gas around a 1.00 a litre

While someone with a greedy card pays about 6 bucks for smokes and maybe 60 cents a litre for gas

How do i get these deals if everyone pays the same??????????????????????
Give your head a shake man!!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post

While someone with a greedy card pays about 6 bucks for smokes and maybe 60 cents a litre for gas

What am I...a know it all??? A CEO of a company, or a government worker, or a union leader....gets a per diem to cover daily expenses....they don't even have to pay for smokes...never mind forking out 6 bucks...and they most likely are not aboriginal either!! And they get free cars, with free gas.....man those aboriginals get everything and nobody else does......

Hey, I am not saying that at times I am not envious of some benefits they can access, but in all fairness MOST of these things others can get too. So why single out the aboriginal unless your desire is to manipulate others into hating them for something they didn't even institute????
Old 07-06-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:

its kind of scary there are people like you walking in society. subsidized housing for the general non aboriginals is for low income people that qualify for this. Race has nothing to do with it. I wonder how much of the income a native earns goes to his housing? and what kind of shape is it in in 10 years. As for the capital gains. I guarantee the aboriginals will get that as well. That does not even come close to the tax breaks they recieve on a daily basis, such as income tax. education grants are available for the general public and Natives can apply for those as well. Not too mention the special native education grants offered just for them. If any one of them wants to go to college they will pay a fraction of what I will. Once again. Where did I say anything that was a lie. I never said the white man gets nothing. The white man just gets a heck of a lot less. I grew up near med hat. Very few natives in that area and I had absolutely no issues with them. However, after spending several years in Rocky there are a few things that are starting to bother me. Try having 2 quads stolen from locked areas in less than a year. Both turned up on the O-cheise reserve trashed. If you even bothered to read my posts early on in this thread you would actually have an idea where I stand on the natives. As a whole I love their culture and I am well aware that for the most part they are good people. That is why I really don't care about the extra breaks they recieve. But when simple people like you say they recieve no breaks or benefits I take exception. Grow up and realize you have it pretty good. Life is what you make it. I have the exact same lack of respect for a lazy, drunk, wife beating white man as I do for a native that does the same thing.

Here is a couple things that are fact that happen regularly in rocky.

Natives shooting a moose and take the hind quarters and snout. Natives calling an ambulance faking a seizure. Ambulance responds and realizes it is a fake and calls the lady on her BS. The lady then stops shaking and grabs the paramedic violently and dislocates his shoulder. Real story in the paper, and yup, she was convicted. next time you go through rocky stop at the hospital, check out the waiting room. on any given day it is probably 70% natives. How about the gang wars between the sunchild and o-cheise reserves. Lots of baseball bat a rock injuries bogging down our health care system.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Where did I say anything that was a lie. I never said the white man gets nothing.

But when simple people like you say they recieve no breaks or benefits I take exception. Grow up and realize you have it pretty good. Life is what you make it. I have the exact same lack of respect for a lazy, drunk, wife beating white man as I do for a native that does the same thing.

Here is a couple things that are fact that happen regularly in rocky.

Natives shooting a moose and take the hind quarters and snout. Natives calling an ambulance faking a seizure. Ambulance responds and realizes it is a fake and calls the lady on her BS. The lady then stops shaking and grabs the paramedic violently and dislocates his shoulder. Real story in the paper, and yup, she was convicted. next time you go through rocky stop at the hospital, check out the waiting room. on any given day it is probably 70% natives. How about the gang wars between the sunchild and o-cheise reserves. Lots of baseball bat a rock injuries bogging down our health care system.

I never said they don't get breaks...you said they are the only ones getting them based upon race.....I called you on it. You do have it real good, you should take your own advice and quit throwing sharp stones at people that are not even here to speak out for themselves......I work, I pay taxes, I buy hunting licenses and tags....you must think I come off reserve or something??

So your telling me that only natives poach? Or is that just your prejudice showing? Gang wars in Edmonton....Lui, Hong, Chow...check the convictions list, sure lots of aboriginal names showing up there?? I think your suffering from a severe attack of racial prejudice, maybe your world is too small??
Old 07-06-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post

Metis don't!! The only thing my Metis status card will get me is maybe a free cup of coffee at the local Metis office.

Another stupid *****ed comment I like is "they should only be able to hunt with primitive weapons" Metis hunted with firearms
Old 07-06-2010, 12:12 PM

Recent post are really getting off topic and out of line. This thread deserves respectful comments.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
I never said they don't get breaks...you said they are the only ones getting them based upon race.....I called you on it. You do have it real good, you should take your own advice and quit throwing sharp stones at people that are not even here to speak out for themselves......I work, I pay taxes, I buy hunting licenses and tags....you must think I come off reserve or something??

So your telling me that only natives poach? Or is that just your prejudice showing? Gang wars in Edmonton....Lui, Hong, Chow...check the convictions list, sure lots of aboriginal names showing up there?? I think your suffering from a severe attack of racial prejudice, maybe your world is too small??
racial prejudice hey. Did you read my entire post? or was it too long and you got a headache from all the knowledge? I said the breaks that they get are specifically for their race alone. a white man does not automatically inherit those rights based on their race. there are special programs for needy white people but not too the extent the natives recieve. deflect, deflect, deflect. great defense ya got their. why was it that when I gave these reasons earlier in this thread to a native he never responded. don't kid yourself, they are on here, let them defend themselves, you are making a fool out of yourself. I love how you just make crap up as your go. "So your telling me that only natives poach" please enlighten the rest of us and show us where I said this. Remember how I said I have the same lack of respect for a lazy, drunken, wife beater no matter what his race..... that implies to every aspect. White man poachers are scum. However, I gave you an example of how they use there right of free no limit hunting and abuse it. If you weren't so simple you would have read my previous posts and seen the proposal I through out there. I will repeat it for your pleasure. please respond.

abolish free no limit shoot whatever you want laws. Institute a reserve controlled tag allocation system. If it is deemed that in the area surrounding a reserve can sustain say.. 100 moose harvest and 300 deer harvests by aboriginals then issue them the tags accordingly. That natives can go into their band office to get their free tags. If say, a native goes in and says he needs to feed ten people and has a very low income then the band can say here is your 2 moose tags and 4 deer tags (or whatever, numbers don't really matter right now). the next guy comes in and says he needs to feed his family of five and makes decent cash. The band can then issue him 1 moose tag and 2 deer tags. the native can go on his merry way knowing he can feed his family and didn't have to pay a cent. I would be happy with that. How about you? Any native caught poaching without a tag will be dealt with the same as any white man poacher.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Banned

Say Mulecrazy:

Sorry to go sort of off topic, but what the heck is going on with the Sunchild OChiese wars?

Is it for drug territory, Cree vs Stony, Fund allocation???????

I was just wondering, I heard things were sort brewing up pretty mean west of Rocky. And I don't mean the thunderstorms.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
racial prejudice hey. Did you read my entire post? or was it too long and you got a headache from all the knowledge? I said the breaks that they get are specifically for their race alone. a white man does not automatically inherit those rights based on their race. there are special programs for needy white people but not too the extent the natives recieve. deflect, deflect, deflect. great defense ya got their. why was it that when I gave these reasons earlier in this thread to a native he never responded. don't kid yourself, they are on here, let them defend themselves, you are making a fool out of yourself. I love how you just make crap up as your go. "So your telling me that only natives poach" please enlighten the rest of us and show us where I said this. Remember how I said I have the same lack of respect for a lazy, drunken, wife beater no matter what his race..... that implies to every aspect. White man poachers are scum. However, I gave you an example of how they use there right of free no limit hunting and abuse it. If you weren't so simple you would have read my previous posts and seen the proposal I through out there. I will repeat it for your pleasure. please respond.

abolish free no limit shoot whatever you want laws. Institute a reserve controlled tag allocation system. If it is deemed that in the area surrounding a reserve can sustain say.. 100 moose harvest and 300 deer harvests by aboriginals then issue them the tags accordingly. That natives can go into their band office to get their free tags. If say, a native goes in and says he needs to feed ten people and has a very low income then the band can say here is your 2 moose tags and 4 deer tags (or whatever, numbers don't really matter right now). the next guy comes in and says he needs to feed his family of five and makes decent cash. The band can then issue him 1 moose tag and 2 deer tags. the native can go on his merry way knowing he can feed his family and didn't have to pay a cent. I would be happy with that. How about you? Any native caught poaching without a tag will be dealt with the same as any white man poacher.
Programs are not given because of RIGHTS....where on earth did you get that bit of "knowledge"??? Rights are not given because of RACE either, in case you were not aware of it. Haven't you ever seen an oriental aboriginal?? Did you know that prior to 1982 when you married into the family you were given all the same RIGHTS?? Lets clear things up...what are Aboriginal Rights exactly?? Hint: If you can answer this correctly then you are smarter than 99% of lawyers and judges.....

Abolish free no limit laws?? Do you understand what treaty obligations are? You want your government to make a treaty, and now break it?? Not very honourable sir.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
You can move onto any reserve you like....have fun!!!
Communities are what the inhabitants make them.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209x50 View Post
Communities are what the inhabitants make them.
Sure to a degree.....it helps if there are jobs available, and if the government lets you do things on the land they own. But some of these reserves are so bad that most of us cannot even imagine......don't kid yourself into thinking that it would be an easy fix in these places.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:52 PM

you guys waste too much time fighting about something that is none of your bussiness. Im just gonna log off and go practice my right to hunt, talk to you guys later......
Closed Thread