Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-05-2022, 07:26 AM

Default My daughter wants a fishing trip in Sask.

Finally!
I had to buy her boyfriend a fishing rod for Christmas but now my daughter has convinced the “fambily” to go on a little trip. I’m used to going to waterhen lake but I haven’t been there for a few years. Can anyone tell me what state of repair the resort is in lately? I’m torn between beginning of June for better fishing or august for better weather….
Old 03-05-2022, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
Finally!
I had to buy her boyfriend a fishing rod for Christmas but now my daughter has convinced the “fambily” to go on a little trip. I’m used to going to waterhen lake but I haven’t been there for a few years. Can anyone tell me what state of repair the resort is in lately? I’m torn between beginning of June for better fishing or august for better weather….
Best fishing is always last two weeks of August first two weeks Sept. Always.

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-05-2022, 08:37 AM

Check out Besnard Lake Lodge my buddy bought it a couple years ago. I haven’t been there yet but plan on taking the family in the near future. My in laws went there last Summer late July and had awesome fishing.
Old 03-05-2022, 08:46 AM

For walleye and pike the second week of june is the best as they are both out of the streams and can be found shallow in the main lake . It is also rains alot the second week hear in Alberta .
First week of August can have good weather but windy the following weeks. Lake Diefenbaker would be a great lake to get guided on threw The fishing geeks.
If you just want to do a day trip there are many good catch and release lakes in Alberta. Being a catch and release lake, you know there are a ton of more fish to be caught not like most fished out lakes . Hire a good guide with a boat and he will get you on the fish !

Last edited by -JR-; 03-05-2022 at 09:04 AM.
Old 03-05-2022, 09:58 AM

Dore.... beginning of June.
Old 03-05-2022, 06:17 PM

I live close by so have never stayed there but it's so crowded in the last 5 or 6 years I'd definitely choose somewhere less busy. Like Bernard or Dore. The resort is OK from what I can gather but it's definitely rustic