Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 06-03-2008, 12:57 PM

Default Archery shoters who wear glasses

Just curious how people who wear glasses shoot their bows. When i'm outside in the bright light wearing sunglasses i find they interfear when trying to line up through the peep sight. When it's nice and bright it's also uncomfortable not having sunglasses on and i'm just wondering how to get around the problem.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:39 PM

I have the same issue only been wearing glasses a few years and they are a pain to shoot bow with them on When i look out corner of eye the nose brace of glasses is in the way I take them off to shoot so a warning if you are standing in my periphery vison have good insurance !!!!!!
Old 06-03-2008, 11:41 PM

shoot with glasses contacts sunglasses as well as prescription sunglasses and havent found any problems it will all depend on how you have your peep positioned on your string i have mine high enough that i can shoot with glasses and low enough that i maintain all 3 of my anchor points
Old 06-04-2008, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardslc View Post
Just curious how people who wear glasses shoot their bows. When i'm outside in the bright light wearing sunglasses i find they interfear when trying to line up through the peep sight.
It sounds like your draw length is too long. I can't think of a way your sunglasses or eyeglasses for that matter will interfere with the peep.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:08 AM

Same problem as Muzzy. When looking through it's the nosepeice that i see out the corner of my eye. It's not the lenses themselves hitting the peep. My draw length is fine also.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:23 AM

Used to have the same problems and many more during cold weather temps, high humidity, rain, snow etc.
Got my eyes lasered last Nov and problems all went away. I wish I would have done this 10 years ago.

Aim Small Miss Small
Old 06-04-2008, 08:26 AM
Banned

yup, both my buddies with glasses did the laser thing....had same issues as you gube...they are both pretty happy about it forsure!
Old 06-04-2008, 08:56 AM

To clarify my previous post, if I can see my nose piece, my head is out of position and I need to adjust my draw length to correct it. To me, that means it needs to be shorter.