Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-21-2018, 06:46 PM

Default Tikka T3 magazine length ?

I have multiple Tikka's in different calibers and they have always been excellent shooters.
Magazine space has never been an issue until I bought a t3 in 300 Winchester magnum.
I'm used to having a long over all length with my reloads for all other calibers. Getting close to the lands to creat a more accurate round.

It seems I'm force to load the 300wm to factory specs. I tried some 190 Bergers today with h4831 and the rifle hated the combination at minimum to max charge weights.

Besides getting rid of it.......... any ideas ? Is there a aftermarket magazine with a longer coal?
Or what powder combo is working for you using a tikka t3 in 300wm and 190 Berger's.

Appreciate any advice.
Thanks

Tight lines.......straight shooting
Old 04-21-2018, 06:57 PM

I have read about this a few times - here's a thread from another forum on the exact same issue, same gun, same cartridge .... seems to be common ....

Looks like there are some "longer" aftermarket magazines that allow a longer COAL.

One thing I picked up from this - you are still limited to 3.56" but that's still a bit better than the 3.4" you are limited to now anyways ....

Good luck ...

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/firea...ngth-coal.html
Old 04-21-2018, 07:03 PM

Thanks

Tight lines.......straight shooting
Old 04-25-2018, 06:14 PM

Watersrifleman.com is an Australian guy that has designed and now builds mags for the t3. I bought one for my 204 a couple years ago and it works well. Plus it’s a 9 shot. And all hardened aluminum. But you might be somewhat restricted because of the action length as mentioned above.

I’ve got a sako in 338 win mag. I bought it and the chamber had been modified to fit a 338 Imp. Mag. Which is basically the same as the RUM family. When I load it to accommodate the lands, the rounds are like .25” too long for the mag. Single shot only. It won’t eject an unfired round - you have to take out the bolt to get the round out.