Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-27-2013, 11:10 PM

Default IDPA Chapters in AB?

Fellow Members,

I'm wondering if any of you shoots on IDPA here in AB. Back in the US I use to participate and I miss it a lot. I'm thinking to convince some of my range members to set up a local chapter. Has any forum member or their club done this before?
I'd appreciate any response.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:06 AM

The GP club has one, the Peace River club use to or still do, I believe in Dawson Creek and Ft.St John also.

We use to host shots n PR and people from the areas listed would come. I know previously in GP they use to shoot during the week indoors.

I havent had time the last couple years to get out and shoot. I found the IDPA shooting a BLAST !!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:45 AM

There is a chapter in Calgary, though it appears to be run out of The Shooting Edge, and from my experience is not set up, run, or interested in helping other chapters to become established.

We ran a "IDPA Style" action league in Lethbridge this past summer and we had a lot of fun. Myself and another fellow tried to find someone in AB, and then western Canada who would put us through the range officer course (or whatever it is called) so we could start a chapter and run qualifiers. We didn't have much luck; best option for us looks like travelling to Boise ID where a guy was quite happy to run us through it. May still happen.

The IDPA website (international) has all the info you need about starting a new chapter at your club. You may find some better info / advice over at CGN.

Let us know how you make out.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:15 PM

Thank you for your responses. I'll try to contact IDPA and see what they suggest. We will have a club meeting soon and I'll also discuss this with the members.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:15 PM

there is an IDPA group (Buffalo Target Shooters Association) at the APRA range in K country
Old 01-30-2013, 01:26 PM

Maybe try to PM "Albertacoyotecaller" about IDPA clubs in Alberta. He with a couple other members helped set up the IDPA club at our local range/gun club.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:58 AM

I know this is a month old, but I was wondering if there have been any developments, this is something I would love to join in on, and am trying to research like crazy for.

Tags
idpa, range, tournament