Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-28-2019, 08:13 PM

Default C71

Looks like bill c 71 has become law. Says online you have to call CFO before selling non restricted now
Old 11-28-2019, 09:35 PM

Where online?
Old 11-29-2019, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expedition View Post
Looks like bill c 71 has become law. Says online you have to call CFO before selling non restricted now
Wrong...

Quote:
Non-restricted

You do not need to register non-restricted firearms. That means you can transfer a non-restricted firearm without contacting the Canadian Firearms Program (CFP). However, the transferor (seller, giver) must make sure that the transferee (buyer, recipient) has a valid PAL.
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firearm...rring-firearms

* The contact # is provided, but does NOT specifically say you HAVE to call. It specifically says the seller "must make sure the buyer has a valid PAL", and that you "don't have to contact the CFP"... Basically the same as it was, at least that's my interpretation.

Old 11-29-2019, 07:35 AM
Shooting Xs

C-71 is Law but the Come into Force date hasn't been decided,I'm not sure if some of it has been enacted,but phoning for non restricted transfer's is not.
The House resumes Sitting on Dec.5th.Trudeau will give his Throne speech and outline his Party's priority plans.
I expect to hear some thing about firearm plans then.
Old 11-29-2019, 08:22 AM

Revamp of rcmp web page happened yesterday . Has an icon labeled buying and selling . Then click on non restricted where it states you must now confirm if the buyers pal valid by phoning the CFO. I thought it reasonable to assume it's the law as it's on the rcmp page !
Old 11-29-2019, 10:17 AM
Shooting Xs

Quote:
Originally Posted by expedition View Post
Revamp of rcmp web page happened yesterday . Has an icon labeled buying and selling . Then click on non restricted where it states you must now confirm if the buyers pal valid by phoning the CFO. I thought it reasonable to assume it's the law as it's on the rcmp page !
I read that to mean what it has been to date,if it's not an in person face to face transaction where a person can verify the buyers PAL and be satisfied that it's valid,then you can phone for verification.
Old 11-29-2019, 11:55 AM

I think you're right .