Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-24-2010, 06:30 PM

Default Youth Shotgun Donations

People, we just had our 2nd Annual Jerritt Zayac Tri Club Trap Shoot at the Mundare Gun Range last Sat with 17 youths showing up. It was fantastic. Several of the young people, both girls and guys had never shot a firearm before, let alone a 12 gauge. They did fantastic, very SAFE on the fireing line and very in control of their weapons. The look on these first timers face when they do hit a Clay is amazing. It is as if the sky itself lights up. Unfortunately, some of these youths do not have their own shotguns and they have to use what is available, generally very large stock for what they need. This is where you come in. We are looking for donations of 12 gauge shotguns that we can take and have cut down to fit the younger and physically smaller kids so they have a more comfortable shooting experience. If you can help out please PM me. We will TAKE ANYTHING, single shots, pumps, etc. Thanks for the help. A young lady who had never shot before ended up with 11 out of 25. The look on her face, PRICELESS! I will post this on the buy and sell as well.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:33 PM

tax reciept?
Old 04-24-2010, 06:51 PM
Gone Hunting

...and to whom, would I transfer a registered gun to?????
Old 04-24-2010, 07:33 PM

Default Registration

I believe that we can transfer the registration to the Fish and Game Association that wants them. I haven't checked this out with the Provincial Firearms Officer yet but until I get some offers I just cant get the time to do it. Thanks for your comments. Probably no Tax Receipts either as one of our VOLUNTEERS is working on the Charitable status for us and he has no time as well. If anyone has the Legalities down pat I would appreciate to hear from them.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:42 PM

Please let us know when you get it worked out.
I have an 870 express I would donate to a Fish & Game Association if this can be done

Kevin