Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-22-2014, 06:21 AM

Default Montana Canyon Ferry lake

hey planning a quick trip to canyon ferry lake on may longweekend, any one know of go place to camp or may just hotel, also any tips fo this time of yr for walleye

thanks
Old 04-22-2014, 08:29 AM

Default Canyon lake

I was there about 3 years ago, there are some cabins with shower house etc. although I can't remember the name of them....they are on google. It's a Great Lake and we were there to blowfish for carp. You'll find lots of camping spots all along the one side of the lake, its nice because they have multiple spots but not too many pads in any of them. It helps to keep down the numbers of people in any one area. If I remember correctly the daily limit on walleye was 20 but we were there for carping not fishing.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
I was there about 3 years ago, there are some cabins with shower house etc. although I can't remember the name of them....they are on google. It's a Great Lake and we were there to blowfish for carp. You'll find lots of camping spots all along the one side of the lake, its nice because they have multiple spots but not too many pads in any of them. It helps to keep down the numbers of people in any one area. If I remember correctly the daily limit on walleye was 20 but we were there for carping not fishing.
thanks, maybe you are talking about KOA, I see they have small cabins, most of there sites for power are not on til memorial day weekend
Old 04-22-2014, 10:02 AM

Default Canyon lake

http://kimsmarina.com/index.php

Here it is
Old 04-22-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post

CANYON FERRY RESERVOIR ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
• Catch-and-release for brown trout, except anglers 14 years of age and younger may take 1 brown trout daily and in possession any size.
• Yellow perch: 10 daily and in possession.
Walleye: 12 daily, only 1 over 25 inches. Possession limit is twice the daily limit. • Northern pike: No limit • Hook and Line/Setlines: 6 lines with 2 hooks per line through the ice.

Magpie Bay • Closed (as posted) March 1 through June 14