Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-18-2014, 01:38 PM
Banned

Default A semi-long but fully interesting read on the state of the States.

http://taxicabdepressions.com/?p=1193

Cab drivers have been some of the most interesting people I have met.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:15 PM
Banned

Cool

Come on rugs, contrived dribble with a terrible bias. Your" Marine"really should get up to speed with modern tech. See TI and flir tech put your "rebels" at a huge disadvantage. Just a little point that puts some light to the misinformation suggested by this link. funny cubas medical system is rated waaaay above the US simply on the fact its avalible to all. If the ritetards would just stop throwing wrenches in the works im sure the transition would be a little smoother, imo.
Good fiction story though awfully well written for a cabbie dont ya think lol.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
Come on rugs, contrived dribble with a terrible bias. Your" Marine"really should get up to speed with modern tech. See TI and flir tech put your "rebels" at a huge disadvantage. Just a little point that puts some light to the misinformation suggested by this link. funny cubas medical system is rated waaaay above the US simply on the fact its avalible to all. If the ritetards would just stop throwing wrenches in the works im sure the transition would be a little smoother, imo.
????????????
Old 04-18-2014, 02:58 PM
Banned

Cool

Ex marine gets in a cab right. Or did I read the wrong blog ?
Old 04-18-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Actually chances are if you get into a cab you are with someone who has way more education than you do! Many immigrants are highly, HIGHLY educated end up working as Cabbies because their credentials aren't accepted or they are just willing to work any job they can get... A trait that most in NA could use!

http://www2.canada.com/theprovince/n...f-ad4e6298274a

http://phys.org/news/2013-01-immigra...underpaid.html
Old 04-18-2014, 03:13 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
Actually chances are if you get into a cab you are with someone who has way more education than you do! Many immigrants are highly, HIGHLY educated end up working as Cabbies because their credentials aren't accepted or they are just willing to work any job they can get... A trait that most in NA could use!

http://www2.canada.com/theprovince/n...f-ad4e6298274a

http://phys.org/news/2013-01-immigra...underpaid.html
Just the kind of right wing gun lobby guy a 22yr marine would chew the fat with lolololo. That a gooder and further reinforces my fiction comment. Whoo thats funny.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:15 PM
Gone Hunting

" well written for a cabbie dont ya think "

No condescension there, from a guy with very poor writing/spelling skills.

Thanks Rug. Interesting piece.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 04-18-2014, 03:22 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
" well written for a cabbie dont ya think "

No condescension there, from a guy with very poor writing/spelling skills.

Thanks Rug. Interesting piece.
Coralating my typing skills with my reading skills again Rf. Yes interesting piece of fiction.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:27 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Coralating my typing skills with my reading skills again Rf. Yes interesting piece of fiction.
Nope! no idea what you said. Try again. Or maybe get the cabbie to help.I had no problem reading his piece.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:44 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Nope! no idea what you said. Try again. Or maybe get the cabbie to help.I had no problem reading his piece.
Implying it was in fact not written by a cabbie. I also had no problem reading the above link. However I will suggest a 22yr marine would not be chewing the fat on somewhat controversial issues with a new american . Just an observation from a guy thats met a few life timers. Marines included.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:41 PM
Gone Hunting

What new American?

On what do you base your assumption that it wasn't written by a cabbie?

Old 04-18-2014, 08:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post

Its too bad the author seems to be of the general opinion that all the problems the US is having started the day after the Republicans were defeated.

I'm having a hard time believing that article wasn't written by a ringer.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Badger View Post
Its too bad the author seems to be of the general opinion that all the problems the US is having started the day after the Republicans were defeated.
If I lived in a country that was dealing with the problems this guy describes I might be advocating standing somebody up against a wall too. As luck would have it I don't.

Of course neither does he.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post
If I lived in a country that was dealing with the problems this guy describes I might be advocating standing somebody up against a wall too. As luck would have it I don't.

My thought is that as in everything...if the states sneeze...we get a cold.

Their problems are better recognized than ours but... we have similar issues here and those issue go beyond political parties and side issues.
At their core the bigger issues are that we have an oligarchy as do they.

We all vote but the day after the election we find out how worthless those votes are when one man can whip the vote on issues important to the party...regardless of how voters feel....although in the states they can actually impeach.... if they have enough money to to force that.

The article itself was a good read and I tend to agree with a lot of what was said but the author did play favorites.

What I would like to see is people like the author but from opposing sides of the political spectrum together... collaborating to put together a whole view showing us how these issues really developed.

There is a perception that both the left and the right have not co-operated with one another and that is true to the extent that they have not done so publicly for a very long time.

However...they have co-operated or at least fed off of each other to please the 1% at the expense of ordinary working people.

The division of anger among the population at large has allowed them to remain secure in the knowledge that their turn will come again when whoever is at the helm finally PO's enough people. We go back and forth like like a big pendulum.

Really...the only thing they have to fear is that at some point people put it all together and see that they have been played for fools by opposing parties that have done nothing more than play us off of one another...taking turns being the good guy...then the bad guy...wash rinse repeat.

All the while our lot gets worse.

Gun control in Canada is a perfect example of hwo neatly this can be done.

We blame Tudeau.
Yet a lot of conservatives voted in favour of his play and regardless of the fact that we have had a number of Conservative majority governments since PET... our gun laws now are far more draconian than anything that creature dreamed of.
Trudeau stripped us of other rights as well but since that time both Liberal and Conservative governments have been quick to capitalize on the loss of the BNA to strip away rights that Trudeau himself was loath to even consider.
And... the rate at which these things is occurring has been escalating largely due to a war that provided convenient excuses to do things in the name of ....safety.

All the while those who really influence government have managed to nibble away at freedom and line their pockets.
Now we have corporations demanding the right to insinuate themselves into the lives of employees... that we would not grant to even our national police force.
We have a national police force that makes its own laws and more and more frequently we are summarily punishing people without benefit of a trail.

The founding fathers were right.... party politics and allowing businesses to influence government will kill democracy.

One also mentioned that democracy would begin to die the moment a government stopped fearing its people....and obviously... that was a correct statement as well.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Their problems are better recognized than ours but... we have similar issues here and those issue go beyond political parties and side issues.
Really?!?! Lets pick just one example of the stupid fantasys in that diatribe:

The IRS "scandal" is a paranoid delusion, Issa's committee has still found no evidence to support this garbage and he has gone far out of his way to ignore proof that he is wrong. He's been looking for a long time hasn't he?

Quote:
At their core the bigger issues are that we have an oligarchy as do they.
Do you think it might benefit said oligarch's some to have people running around in circles chasing bogus conspiracies while they fill their pockets behind the curtain?
Old 04-20-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:

You're right! It is long! About half way through I decided I would wait for the movie version The USA does have their problems and a good portion of their problem is the guys who write this stuff. Changed my mind again. Will not watch the movie but wait for DVD and rent it on cheap Tuesday, that way if I fall asleep before it is finished I will not feel so ripped off.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:06 PM

Quote:

Wheeler got quiet for a few moments, and then he said something that I will never, ever forget.

“These people are playing with matches… I don’t think they understand the scope and scale of the wildfire they are flirting with. They are ****ing around with a civil war that could last a decade and cause millions of deaths… and the sad truth is that 95% of the problems we have in this country could be solved tomorrow, by noon… simply by dragging 100 people out in the street and shooting them in the ****ing head.”
Old 04-20-2014, 06:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Really?!?! Lets pick just one example of the stupid fantasys in that diatribe:

The IRS "scandal" is a paranoid delusion, Issa's committee has still found no evidence to support this garbage and he has gone far out of his way to ignore proof that he is wrong. He's been looking for a long time hasn't he?

Do you think it might benefit said oligarch's some to have people running around in circles chasing bogus conspiracies while they fill their pockets behind the curtain?
Only someone with a midget mind would introduce himself into a conversation with an insult.

Enjoy your kool-aide... go back to your colouring...mature adults are talking.

Questions and debate is one thing....trolling for a fight is another.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Only someone with a midget mind would introduce himself into a conversation with an insult.
Sorry can you explain how I insulted you?

Did you think I was calling your post stupid or are you so invested in the viewpoint presented in the linked piece that you took it personally?

I referred to the linked article as a stupid diatribe because it is one. Anyone is entitled to their own opinion on an issue but you are not entitled to your own facts. You want an example of "drank the kool aid", look no further than someone that still believes this myth of Obama using the IRS against political opponents. There has never been a shred of evidence to support it.

This is what I mean when I say the author of this thing doesn't seem to live in the country he is describing. That's not the United States he's talking about, it's Watchedtoomuchglenbeckistan.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:08 AM

Quote:
This is what I mean when I say the author of this thing doesn't seem to live in the country he is describing. That's not the United States he's talking about, it's Watchedtoomuchglenbeckistan.
LOL, That is what the once great USA has become! That's sad!
Old 04-21-2014, 09:24 AM

Quote:

You want an example of "drank the kool aid", look no further than someone that still believes this myth of Obama using the IRS against political opponents. There has never been a shred of evidence to support it.
Then why does The head of the IRS Lois Steiner keep pleading the fifth?
Old 04-21-2014, 09:30 AM
Banned

Default good point ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingtail View Post

Midge - why does O'bamas Attorney General Eric Holder refuse to investigate. It's been over a year ?

Maybe that's why there's no evidence that you speak of ??

http://www.cruz.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=817
Old 04-21-2014, 12:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Sorry can you explain how I insulted you?

Did you think I was calling your post stupid or are you so invested in the viewpoint presented in the linked piece that you took it personally?

I referred to the linked article as a stupid diatribe because it is one. Anyone is entitled to their own opinion on an issue but you are not entitled to your own facts. You want an example of "drank the kool aid", look no further than someone that still believes this myth of Obama using the IRS against political opponents. There has never been a shred of evidence to support it.

proof that there is corruption in the IRS...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWQ6UiEnDj0 ..."Not even a smidgen of corruption." Barack Obama

http://washingtonexaminer.com/poll-m...rticle/2547367

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/12/...ial-lies-89096

or maybe a news format you prefer.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgil5gKBwWE

Last edited by rugatika; 04-21-2014 at 12:19 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingtail View Post
Lois Lerner was never the head of the IRS, she is the head of the division within the IRS that handles tax exempt organizations. I have no idea why she doesn't want to answer questions and I won't speculate on it. That hardly qualifies as proof of anything on it's own.

Quote:
or maybe a news format you prefer.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgil5gKBwWE
As this one actually addresses Fast and Furious directly lets use it.

1) Dumb idea, didn't work and gave guns to bad guys. True
2) Holder withheld information, Obama used Executive Privilege to withhold more. True

But it doesn't stop there does it?

Quote:
This didn’t have anything to do with illegal gun sales… any idiot can see that. So what was the REAL plan here?”

Mr. Wheeler says, “Have you ever heard of Occam’s Razor?”

I said, “Yeah, I know it… the most obvious answer is almost always correct… but I don’t think we need an instrument that sharp. I think Occam’s Rubber Spatula would seem to indicate that this is a push to vilify guns and gun owners here in America, as a pretense to drive stricter gun control.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:59 PM

Seems a lot of people didn't read the article fully. The author states he was born in the USA (not a new comer), fully admits that it is not a republican vs democrat issue as that it has been going on for decades with each administration building on the last, and thinks that the worst is ahead. It is not just the ramblings of a paranoid, bored cabbie. I have personally heard the same thing from many professors while obtaining my degree, spend a lot of time in the states with a variety of classes and many feel the same. Look at the Cliven Bundy situation. You had armed militias from 2 separate states willing to have a fire fight over cattle, and you can not tell me that once the the first shot was fired it could of been contained to Nevada/Utah. Canadians argue that Bundy was wrong and if any ranch in Canada did the same thing we would demand the removal of the cattle as well. However, I don't believe that is the issue. The issue is the government arm assigned to deal with the issue of trespassing cattle drives tanks and APCs, uses covert military tactics to accomplish their goals, and points "patrol arms" at civilians to protect a tortoise. There can be no doubt that the government is preparing for war. One that I think will happen all too soon. When it does the issue of military technology being over powering is also flawed. Hasn't worked to well in Iraq and Afghanistan. The problem with technology is its antithesis, anti technology. Want to get a message through deliver it in person. That is to assume that all of the military will side with the reigning government. They probably will in the beginning but as the war wages on, as people are forced to shoot their friends, neighbours, family things will change. And none of this takes into account the greatest intangible, how will the rest of the world react?
Old 04-22-2014, 02:07 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
Seems a lot of people didn't read the article fully. The author states he was born in the USA (not a new comer), fully admits that it is not a republican vs democrat issue as that it has been going on for decades with each administration building on the last, and thinks that the worst is ahead. It is not just the ramblings of a paranoid, bored cabbie. I have personally heard the same thing from many professors while obtaining my degree, spend a lot of time in the states with a variety of classes and many feel the same. Look at the Cliven Bundy situation. You had armed militias from 2 separate states willing to have a fire fight over cattle, and you can not tell me that once the the first shot was fired it could of been contained to Nevada/Utah. Canadians argue that Bundy was wrong and if any ranch in Canada did the same thing we would demand the removal of the cattle as well. However, I don't believe that is the issue. The issue is the government arm assigned to deal with the issue of trespassing cattle drives tanks and APCs, uses covert military tactics to accomplish their goals, and points "patrol arms" at civilians to protect a tortoise. There can be no doubt that the government is preparing for war. One that I think will happen all too soon. When it does the issue of military technology being over powering is also flawed. Hasn't worked to well in Iraq and Afghanistan. The problem with technology is its antithesis, anti technology. Want to get a message through deliver it in person. That is to assume that all of the military will side with the reigning government. They probably will in the beginning but as the war wages on, as people are forced to shoot their friends, neighbours, family things will change. And none of this takes into account the greatest intangible, how will the rest of the world react?
That about sums it up.

Since BLM pulled out the news coverage has pretty much gone dark.

Odd that the gov't would send an armed force to collect a bill from a citizen, and expect it to look normal..

Old 04-22-2014, 07:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Odd that the gov't would send an armed force to collect a bill from a citizen, and expect it to look normal..
The armed force didn't show up until the loonies in the camo with carbines in hand started having a hissy fit did they?
Old 04-22-2014, 07:16 PM
Banned

Default ^^ not quite ...

... they showed up when harry reid and his son feared their solar farm deal with the Chinese might "head south" if these damn cattle didn't get removed ....

http://www.wnd.com/2014/04/democrats...n-public-land/

sorry midge - wrong again !

Last edited by TBD; 04-22-2014 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBD View Post
A quote from the url you posted:

Quote:
The project died last year
A quote from a page on the same blog which is linked on the url you posted:
http://www.wnd.com/2014/04/clintonob...undy-showdown/

Quote:
But the solar energy complex financed by the communist Chinese was not at the heart of the Bundy Ranch fiasco after all. The project died last year.
A link to a resource you might want to investigate:

http://www.diannecraft.org/language-...ading-program/
Old 04-22-2014, 08:04 PM
Banned

Thanks for the documented sites to look at.