Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-20-2019, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
Apparently, Targarrians can’t die by fire.. John Snow is one, that Dragon wanted to kill him but had to turn the other cheek this time!
Zip

That it couldn't kill him by fire makes sense, but eating him raw or just squeezing him through his claws like a food processor would have sufficed.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:52 PM

I'm glad it's finally over, a long suffering soap opera with hallucinations in the form of dragons and skin problems.
I hope it never comes back in any other form, meth freaks and stoners are sobbing in their chemically laced beer.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303carbine View Post
I'm glad it's finally over, a long suffering soap opera with hallucinations in the form of dragons and skin problems.
I hope it never comes back in any other form, meth freaks and stoners are sobbing in their chemically laced beer.
You could always start a Bob Squarepants thread.

Dodger
Old 05-20-2019, 07:57 PM

Well I guess the oddsmakers were right that had Bran at 5-1 I believe. I can't say that I didn't enjoy it because I did. The problem that I had with this last episode and season 8 was that everything just felt rushed. There was quite a bit left unanswered or just thrown at you without much development.

Perhaps a lot of that stems from the books not being completed and the producers tying things up without as much to go on. Who knows. It'd be fun to watch a redone final season but that seems highly unlikely.

All in all, I've enjoyed it but am now left wanting just a bit more depth.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
You could always start a Bob Squarepants thread.

Dodger
What's a Bob Squarepants?, it sounds like something a Liberal voter would get.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:06 PM

Perhaps an alternate ending will be released when they release the final season on dvd/ blueray?

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 05-20-2019, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
That it couldn't kill him by fire makes sense, but eating him raw or just squeezing him through his claws like a food processor would have sufficed.
Hahahahahaha I like that idea a lot.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Drogon understood it was the pursuit of the throne that killed her more so than the hand that wielded the sword - therefore he melted the throne rather than Jon.

He could also sense that Jon loved his Queen as deeply as he loved his Mother, that love was part of her legacy and not to be destroyed - dragons are sensitive that way and quite pragmatic.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:08 AM

I just finished watching it and I like how it played out. Though, I agree it was all rushed and would have liked a full season.

It would have felt like a cop out to me if any of the big players had succeeded in winning the throne after some big CGI battle, this way all 4 kids got to complete their story arcs in ways that reflected their journeys and made sense for their characters.
Old 05-21-2019, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3illy View Post
worst season finale to a TV show that I can remember.
I totally agree with you.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:23 AM
Banned

In my opinion the entire 6th season was a flop. Way too many loose ends to tie up in just 6 episodes. It seemed rushed and lacked the substance the other seasons offered, it’s like it was written by a bunch of elementary school students. One entire episode was a battle scene that killed off the fiercest villain in a questionable way. The characters they killed off and the ways they were killed off is what it is, but they certainly lacked in any substance to the plot. Huge battle going on, Arya pops out of nowhere and kills the night king, poof done. John Snow kills the psycho queen, next scene he’s been locked up for who knows how long, somehow there is a council put together that the unsullied haven’t killed and they are running the show? It’s like they came up with a list of things to do but had no idea how to do it so they left the storyline up to the viewers imagination.

They had a plan but tried to squeeze 12 episodes worth of needed storyline into 6 episodes imo.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:31 AM

Lightbulb It's true

First world problems, can't please everyone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GoT writers.jpg (40.4 KB, 85 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 05-21-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Yes I agree..I was wondering that as well, I knew fire couldn't kill John Snow, but I thought being food was much different..unless that dragon likes his meat cooked before putting him through the food processor....then it all makes really really good sense..
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 05-21-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
If Targaryens can't be killed by dragon fire then... Only two people were proved not killable by dragon fire. Can you name them two?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 05-21-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberheadtophat View Post
I totally agree with you.
Seinfeld?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 05-21-2019, 11:03 AM

I have a hard time remembering any shows that have ended well. and the 5 min of GOT that I watch the other night makes me glad I stopped pirating it at season 2. "Let's try democracy " /vomit
Old 05-21-2019, 02:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post
First world problems, can't please everyone.
Exactly, there seems to be a lot of out of work screenwriters on this thread who feel they could have done a better job.

Perhaps some could submit their outline for a story board (in point form only of course) for the final season and that could be put to a vote to see who could write the greatest season ever.

Or, it could be taken for what it's worth and realize it's just a TV show.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:34 PM

Why was Bronn asking about government-run brothels when that would pretty much guarantee a low quality/ lowest bidder facility? He's wealthy enough to start his own franchise..... I don't think he's much of a businessman by overlooking such an obvious market opportunity which makes me wonder about his competence as master of coin...
Old 05-21-2019, 05:33 PM

Anyone that thinks GOT ending was a bitter pill didnt follow Deadwood. Nobody even knew it was ending then POOF.

At least we fans get a movie on June 2, 10 years after the last episode, to take some solace in.
Old 05-21-2019, 06:27 PM

I’m probably in the smaller minority but I liked the finale. It had to come to an end and there was a 100 different ways to end it. I think the last 2 seasons could’ve used a couple more episodes each to make it seem not so rushed but overall it was an ok end. I think the ones that are really peeved are the ones that aren’t happy it didn’t end the way THEY wanted it to end.

The show had basically been about The Starks and we see each one of the remaining characters stories come to an end. The Starks rule everything now. Jon started at the Nights Watch and ends up back there with Ghost. He’s the new Mance Rayder and the new king beyond the wall. Sansa becomes Queen of the North. Arya May become Queen of the New World and Bran becomes King of the Six Kingdoms.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Anyone that thinks GOT ending was a bitter pill didnt follow Deadwood. Nobody even knew it was ending then POOF.

At least we fans get a movie on June 2, 10 years after the last episode, to take some solace in.
Nailed it. My all time favourite.

Dodger
Old 05-21-2019, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbiddy View Post
I’m probably in the smaller minority but I liked the finale. It had to come to an end and there was a 100 different ways to end it. I think the last 2 seasons could’ve used a couple more episodes each to make it seem not so rushed but overall it was an ok end. I think the ones that are really peeved are the ones that aren’t happy it didn’t end the way THEY wanted it to end.

The show had basically been about The Starks and we see each one of the remaining characters stories come to an end. The Starks rule everything now. Jon started at the Nights Watch and ends up back there with Ghost. He’s the new Mance Rayder and the new king beyond the wall. Sansa becomes Queen of the North. Arya May become Queen of the New World and Bran becomes King of the Six Kingdoms.
I agree with your thinking
Old 05-21-2019, 08:31 PM

I guess< I could watch the first show and carry on! Really I have not watched one show of this! Good I guess?
Old 05-21-2019, 08:35 PM

Not trying to be a smart-ass just have not watched it at all! But i'm not a TV guy at all!
Old 05-21-2019, 09:12 PM

i think it started to go downhill a couple seasons ago when they stopped showing all the boobs.
Old 05-21-2019, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbrass View Post
I guess< I could watch the first show and carry on! Really I have not watched one show of this! Good I guess?

It's very well done. First few years in particular. Between Sopranos, Deadwood, and Game of Thrones itd be a tough choice. HBO isn't regular tv.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:15 AM

Smile Analogy? or Prophecy?

Who would have thought that George R.R. Martin and the screenwriters on Game of Thrones could have been so in tune with the current situation in Canada? In her bid to conquer the decadent population and fulfill her destiny, the offspring of the crazy king exterminates her enemies and nearly destroys the kingdom in the process...I hope we get a similar ending.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GoT storyline.jpg (78.3 KB, 37 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 05-22-2019, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC338 View Post
Exactly, there seems to be a lot of out of work screenwriters on this thread who feel they could have done a better job.

Perhaps some could submit their outline for a story board (in point form only of course) for the final season and that could be put to a vote to see who could write the greatest season ever.

Or, it could be taken for what it's worth and realize it's just a TV show.
The problem is that the show went from a large sweeping show to an outline in point form that someone approved, then said that everyone has 5 minutes to write the script for each point, then started shooting the show.

Old 05-23-2019, 02:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amosfella View Post
The problem is that the show went from a large sweeping show to an outline in point form that someone approved, then said that everyone has 5 minutes to write the script for each point, then started shooting the show.

Opinions vary.
Old 05-23-2019, 02:20 PM

So a guy who knew bad things would happen, said nothing, didn’t try to save any kids massacred in Kings Landing from Dany’s dragon, didn’t even try to stop the murder of Dany... Basically sat around waiting for sheet to happen and never lifted a finger to change any destiny...was deemed the best choice for ruler.

Yikes!