Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 07-02-2012, 11:46 AM

I killed my cow moose last year at 72 yrds. I was just as happy and felt every bit as proud as I felt when I killed my mule deer at 40. Anything with a bow is awesome regardless of distance. Shooting past your comfort zone is ridiculous but if you practice enough and can consistently make further shots then what's the problem?
Old 07-02-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckHunterBowen View Post
I killed my cow moose last year at 72 yrds. I was just as happy and felt every bit as proud as I felt when I killed my mule deer at 40. Anything with a bow is awesome regardless of distance. Shooting past your comfort zone is ridiculous but if you practice enough and can consistently make further shots then what's the problem?
Well said,A Lot of People are jealous and say somebody else cant shoot that Distance,Just cause you cant doesnt mean i cant lol...Everbody should shoot what there comfortable with whether its 10 Yards or 70-80 Yards.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:55 AM

I personally practice out to 60 and I would only ever take that shot if there was a completely clear shooting lane and no wind at all, perfect broadside standing still.....for the most part 50 and less is fine by me, but I prefer slam dunks @ 30 or less

LC
Old 07-02-2012, 07:13 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_911K...eature=related

Watch this, that doe was already in motion and that arrow had another ~10 yards to go. Stupid shot, she's on high alert.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
i suspect you chose your name well. sounds like youve been smokin something alright.......
Old 07-04-2012, 08:29 AM

I find shots at long distances unethical. At these long distances no bow is capable of shooting an arrow fast enough to guarantee that you'll hit your spot before the animal may move. In such a situation a well placed lung shot can all too easily become a gut/ham shot, with a high probability of a lost animal.
Any archer who can shoot 70 to 100 yards at the range with accuracy has my respect. It takes alot of practice to become that proficient. Just don't take these shots in the field. The animals we hunt deserve more respect than that.