Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-13-2021, 03:52 PM

Default Another Stiga

I picked up my 3rd Stiga today. One is in 270 win, one in 6.5x55 and this one in 9.3x62, It looks great, I got this one from InterSurplus. It was much better than the one Tradex has to offer, and at the same price. InterSurplus seems to be another great Company to deal with, They should give Tradex some good competition. If you haven't seen what they have to offer, Check them out.
Old 10-21-2021, 08:20 PM

Default Ammo & sighting in

I received some ammo for this rifle (from tradex). 9.3x62 in 232 gr Norma Oryx and Hornady Dangerous Game in 286 gr. Once I got the Iron sights and the scope sited in I was happy. Both cartridges gave 1" groups. Very good for a rifle with 20" barrel. The recoil from a 6lb 10 oz. rifle, was heavy but completely manageable for a 73 yr old. Hopefully next year I will get into reloading for it.
Old 10-22-2021, 12:33 AM

Nice. I would pick one up in 270, condition and price dependent.