Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-05-2021, 04:32 PM
Weavster Weavster is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 316
Default Langara Salmon Fishing Trip Video

Since we weren't able to make it out last season due to covid the 2 year wait was over. The way things worked out I was so great full to be able to bring my father to share this trip with. Huge thanks to Kevin for putting on this wonderful trip and the wonderfull staff at the world class Langara Lodge.

The fishing was a little slower than normal but the sights, scenery and unreal whale shows always broke up the day.

These are memories that will last a life time. The one that sticks out the most that I will never forget is dad reeling up a smaller ling when a 31lb ling decided to eat the little one and we ended up landing both!

Thanks for the support and I hope you enjoy!

https://youtu.be/oz-voZtKWRs
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-05-2021, 07:12 PM
Willowtrail's Avatar
Willowtrail Willowtrail is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,455
Default

Another awesome trip buddy

Great video!!
__________________
YouTube: Bulat Outdoors https://www.youtube.com/c/BulatOutdoors
Instagram: @bulat_outdoors
Twitter: @GoFishAlberta
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-05-2021, 08:25 PM
fish99's Avatar
fish99 fish99 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: pigeon lake
Posts: 1,175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weavster View Post
Since we weren't able to make it out last season due to covid the 2 year wait was over. The way things worked out I was so great full to be able to bring my father to share this trip with. Huge thanks to Kevin for putting on this wonderful trip and the wonderfull staff at the world class Langara Lodge.

The fishing was a little slower than normal but the sights, scenery and unreal whale shows always broke up the day.

These are memories that will last a life time. The one that sticks out the most that I will never forget is dad reeling up a smaller ling when a 31lb ling decided to eat the little one and we ended up landing both!

Thanks for the support and I hope you enjoy!

https://youtu.be/oz-voZtKWRs
now does that count as two fish or one? on your limit.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-06-2021, 11:38 AM
58thecat's Avatar
58thecat 58thecat is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Posts: 20,958
Default

Awesome job Matt,
I too got out to the coast and took my 80 year old dad out, the fella who taught me about fishing…..great memories with our dads!

Thought you ended up in jail or something kinda just disappeared….

Haha


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-06-2021, 03:31 PM
CardiacCowboy CardiacCowboy is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish99 View Post
now does that count as two fish or one? on your limit.
More important are you allowed to use live ling as bait? lol
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-07-2021, 07:21 AM
32-40win 32-40win is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Near Drumheller
Posts: 5,822
Default

Definitely a place that you don't forget, so many different ways to fish up there, and things to fish for and to see. QCI is an experience that needs to be had. Love to go again, but, it's out of the price range now that I'm retired. The scenery on the way up and back, the islands themselves and the variety of things to do, are something that needs to be done on at least once.
__________________
You should also be a member;
CCFR
CSSA
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-07-2021, 07:39 AM
58thecat's Avatar
58thecat 58thecat is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Posts: 20,958
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
Definitely a place that you don't forget, so many different ways to fish up there, and things to fish for and to see. QCI is an experience that needs to be had. Love to go again, but, it's out of the price range now that I'm retired. The scenery on the way up and back, the islands themselves and the variety of things to do, are something that needs to be done on at least once.
Totally agree....cost is huge but there are many ways to enjoy the island regarding fishing at a much lower budget.....spent three days fishing off king coho fishing the tides from shore, hit the river systems up, lakes too....and of course a charter too but man it was just like I remembered as a kid except too many people in the main centres

Funny how I remember places that produced fish 40 years ago and still do

Thanks Matt for the video....I think everyone needs to get a little salt time it’s good for the soul.
__________________

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-07-2021, 08:33 AM
goldscud goldscud is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,710
Default

Such a great trip to share with your Dad.
So many whales and other wildlife to enjoy while you are catching fish.
Direct flight from Calgary is great too
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-07-2021, 09:28 AM
Weavster Weavster is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldscud View Post
Such a great trip to share with your Dad.
So many whales and other wildlife to enjoy while you are catching fish.
Direct flight from Calgary is great too
100% that is one of the best parts about that trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
Definitely a place that you don't forget, so many different ways to fish up there, and things to fish for and to see. QCI is an experience that needs to be had. Love to go again, but, it's out of the price range now that I'm retired. The scenery on the way up and back, the islands themselves and the variety of things to do, are something that needs to be done on at least once.
I couldn't agree more the first time I was talked into it by a friend I've been back a handful of times since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardiacCowboy View Post
More important are you allowed to use live ling as bait? lol
Its crazy what nature shows you. I've been reeling up a walleye before that gets T-boned by a pike. Seemed cooler when it was a 30lb ling cod!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-07-2021, 09:31 AM
Weavster Weavster is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowtrail View Post
Another awesome trip buddy

Great video!!
Thanks Willowtrail. Can't wait for next year already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish99 View Post
now does that count as two fish or one? on your limit.
LOL technically 2 fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Awesome job Matt,
I too got out to the coast and took my 80 year old dad out, the fella who taught me about fishing…..great memories with our dads!

Thought you ended up in jail or something kinda just disappeared….

Haha
Thats awesome that you could do that too. Nope just had a really busy summer guiding friends and family but the last month and a bit has been about getting as much of my fishing in as I can!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-09-2021, 07:14 PM
Sundancefisher's Avatar
Sundancefisher Sundancefisher is online now
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Calgary Perchdance
Posts: 19,808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldscud View Post
Such a great trip to share with your Dad.
So many whales and other wildlife to enjoy while you are catching fish.
Direct flight from Calgary is great too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weavster View Post
Can't wait for next year already!
It’s been fun fishing with both you gents at Langara.

I was chatted yesterday with some other buddies from our trip. We were just saying how crazy time has flown. 2022 will be our 16th trip. Everyone full of new great memories.

Looks like most folks are coming back in 2022. I currently have 6 of 66 spots remaining to fill.

Looking forward to many more awesome memories!

Matt. Great video. Keep it up. Priceless memories there.

Cheers

Kevin

PS. If any is interested. If you know Kevin.. I’m sure he’d love to have you come with us!
__________________
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.