Could we have a goalie…?
Nice snipe by Johnny hey. Whoop
Old 10-04-2021, 08:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Please god

Could we have a goalie…?
You have a problem with red-light Koskie??
Old 10-04-2021, 08:25 PM

My oilers are putting on a clinic! (how not to play) editnow how to play)

However, this actually might be a good thing for them.

Down 3

edit: Now 3-2 after 40.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.

Last edited by huntsfurfish; 10-04-2021 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-04-2021, 09:23 PM

Whelp!

Days better!!

Whohooooo!
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 10-04-2021, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Big congratulations to the kraken on their first nhl win! Albeit a preseason game. But a first win nonetheless!
Who was the first ever team to lose to the Kraken?
Old 10-04-2021, 09:42 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
pretty sure it was the same team that spotted the Flames a 3 goal lead and came on to beat them 4-3 tonight?????
Old 10-05-2021, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Vancouver.
Old 10-05-2021, 07:16 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Vancouver.
Pre season.....relax

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-05-2021, 08:05 AM

I see the flames snatched defeat from the jaws of victory again last night

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 10-05-2021, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Canucks AHL roster. Preseason.
Old 10-05-2021, 09:01 AM

A wins a win folks..SOON the games that add to the W/L board begin.

GO OIL!
Old 10-05-2021, 09:19 AM

No flames 2021-22 thread yet? I better start one. They can’t hide forever!
Usually by now they are 10 pages in on how deep the team is and how strong the defence is looking.
Jk. They will be in the top 3 of the division.
Old 10-05-2021, 09:22 AM

That powerplay......

Other teams when they take a penalty against the Oil

Old 10-05-2021, 09:51 AM

Ok, I am curious of opinions on this, I assume you will all disagree as I am a Flames fan, However, I am a fan of McDavid and what he brings to the game, so an injury to him would be devastating...

Last night the goal was waved off as Tanev Clearly got his stick in between his feet. Mcdavid calls Tanev out for a dangerous play.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/ The link just takes you to sportsnet, I can't figure out how to link the video, currently it is the first story though on the link.

Again I do agree that Tanevs stick got in between McDavids feet, and believe the call to reverse the goal was understandable. However.. When you watch the replay, I personally think McDavid put himself in a vulnerable position trying to drive to the front of the net, that low down with that much speed. Tanev was clearly in his path already and honestly if McDavid didn't go down due to Tanevs stick, It is likely Tanev would have ended up smoking him, or even ended up clipping a knee. There is no right of way per say, but I definitely don't think when someone tries to cut in front of the net from below the faceoff dot, you should just give him a free pass.

Doesn't matter if its McDavid/Crosby/Mckinnon/Gudreau if you don't have the space to get there that is on the player. It is not uncommon to blow a tire doing that without contact, so assuming there is going to be some contact, and the fact that no matter who it is, will most likely always take a swing at the poke check....

Anyhow I am glad that he never got hurt, but I do believe the majority of the onus should be on McDavid when he makes a play like that. I personally think he needs to be a little more cautious when he does that, as it will eventually end up in an injury to him.
Old 10-05-2021, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderek View Post
Ok, I am curious of opinions on this, I assume you will all disagree as I am a Flames fan, However, I am a fan of McDavid and what he brings to the game, so an injury to him would be devastating...

Last night the goal was waved off as Tanev Clearly got his stick in between his feet. Mcdavid calls Tanev out for a dangerous play.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/ The link just takes you to sportsnet, I can't figure out how to link the video, currently it is the first story though on the link.

Again I do agree that Tanevs stick got in between McDavids feet, and believe the call to reverse the goal was understandable. However.. When you watch the replay, I personally think McDavid put himself in a vulnerable position trying to drive to the front of the net, that low down with that much speed. Tanev was clearly in his path already and honestly if McDavid didn't go down due to Tanevs stick, It is likely Tanev would have ended up smoking him, or even ended up clipping a knee. There is no right of way per say, but I definitely don't think when someone tries to cut in front of the net from below the faceoff dot, you should just give him a free pass.

Doesn't matter if its McDavid/Crosby/Mckinnon/Gudreau if you don't have the space to get there that is on the player. It is not uncommon to blow a tire doing that without contact, so assuming there is going to be some contact, and the fact that no matter who it is, will most likely always take a swing at the poke check....

Anyhow I am glad that he never got hurt, but I do believe the majority of the onus should be on McDavid when he makes a play like that. I personally think he needs to be a little more cautious when he does that, as it will eventually end up in an injury to him.
I’m sure he knows it. Coaches know it. And management knows it’s dangerous.
Personally I think it’s a gamble they are willing to take. Its just built into him to use his speed to every possible advantage there is.
It’s scary to watch. Its highly entertaining to watch. It’s ultimately effective.
Vegas should put odds on when his high speed maneuvers finally catch up.
Hopefully around age 40.
Old 10-05-2021, 11:09 AM

Quote:

Mcbaby is just itching for another broken collarbone if he keeps this speedy play up.
Old 10-07-2021, 07:29 PM

We be lookin good gainst them canuckleheads.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 10-07-2021, 07:57 PM

Speaking of Oilers...anyone noticed how high Puljujarvi's forehead is? Looks like he wears a special helmet.

Go Kraken!
Old 10-07-2021, 08:05 PM

One would think teams are gonna figure out NOT to take penalties playing the oilers.
Old 10-07-2021, 09:39 PM

Ouch , Kassian hit the ice hard there. Hope its no serious.
Old 10-07-2021, 10:22 PM

Quote:

Last night the goal was waved off as Tanev Clearly got his stick in between his feet. Mcdavid calls Tanev out for a dangerous play. McDavid will draw a ton of penalties, should be 2 tons, because 100% of the leagues Dmen can't skate with him and 95% have no clue how to defend against him. That's not his fault.

Yes he should slow down and not use the talent God gave him to be the best player on the planet.

Not sure how you came up with any of your slant on things when the guy was tripped on an illegal play, quite clearly spelled out in the rulebook regarding impeding a puck carrying opponent. Onus is on the defender and rules are in place on how to defend without penalty.

Whats next? Players shouldn't shoot the puck as hard as they can because Dmen and goalies might get hurt?

Last edited by 270person; 10-07-2021 at 10:51 PM.
Old 10-07-2021, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishunter327 View Post
Ouch , Kassian hit the ice hard there. Hope its no serious.
Yup, hope so too.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 10-08-2021, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Yes he should slow down and not use the talent God gave him to be the best player on the planet.

Not sure how you came up with any of your slant on things when the guy was tripped on an illegal play, quite clearly spelled out in the rulebook regarding impeding a puck carrying opponent. Onus is on the defender and rules are in place on how to defend without penalty.

Whats next? Players shouldn't shoot the puck as hard as they can because Dmen and goalies might get hurt?
That is my exact point... He can't expect someone to not try and stop him from getting to the front of the net. SO if he is going to cut to the front of the net hard with speed, it is eventually going to translate into an injury. a 2 minute trip isn't worth McDavid having a season ending injury IMO.

Last edited by Roderek; 10-08-2021 at 12:25 PM.
Old 10-08-2021, 08:24 PM

Quote:
That is my exact point... He can't expect someone to not try and stop him from getting to the front of the net. SO if he is going to cut to the front of the net hard with speed, it is eventually going to translate into an injury. a 2 minute trip isn't worth McDavid having a season ending injury IMO.

No it sure wouldn't be but you can't tell the good ones to not take chances. Not in their pedigree.

Instead, the NHL should wake up and protect their stars like basketball does. The rules are in place but they have to enforce them. McDavid could warrant a call against every second shift but the referees are CS. Its like they blame him for being so fast.
Old 10-08-2021, 08:34 PM
Banned

Like in Formula 1 racing, the quickest car into the corner has the right of way. McDavid cutting in hard and always has a step on the defender, should not be impeded by a stick between the legs
Old 10-09-2021, 08:16 PM

3-0 Oil to this point. YAMA with a shorty to boot. They've got the guns sitting out tonight too

GO OIL
Old 10-09-2021, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
Like in Formula 1 racing, the quickest car into the corner has the right of way. McDavid cutting in hard and always has a step on the defender, should not be impeded by a stick between the legs
Right, the defender should just get right out of the way and let him drive the net.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 10-09-2021, 08:43 PM

Looks like Chicago will have Toews back for them this year. Good too see him healthy.