Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 08-26-2021, 09:17 PM

Default Fha sale

Sold fox at a 8 average. One for $3 and 2@4$gross after drumming and commissions and express it doesn’t cover fuel let alone time. Puke.

Spring Rats went 5.40 avg all can prices. Not very good but covered gas and beer.

I better go cash it before it bounces…
Old 08-27-2021, 08:21 AM

Got my monster check yesterday. I think I will buy a new pick-up or sled, Ha ha! We better get some decent sale $$ numbers next spring or we might as well hang up the traps.
Old 08-27-2021, 12:01 PM

I was real happy with the Coyote prices, kind of happy with rat prices; although hoping they advanced more from the 1st sale.

Also was hoping marten advanced... should have saved. It was good to see some interest in the better Bobcats, for first time since NAFA hanged it up. Promising for sure. On Lynx/Fisher.. that was a downer again.. with only off colored Lynx moving at the prerequisite lower prices. Beaver.. ha what can I say to this lack of interest? That was a surprise after reasonable prices in spring sale.

Good to see FHA hold the line on the top end cats... certainly no one wants them given away. All in all, a pretty decent sale considering all of the challenges out there. Optimistic for the 2021-22 season.

It is kind of like farming.... hoping next year will be better
Stay relevant - Stay trapping