Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Equalization remove or keep
Remove. 84 84.00%
Keep 16 16.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 11-24-2020, 07:20 AM
bessiedog's Avatar
bessiedog bessiedog is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,001
Default Heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Yes the do, most are blowing their own horns quite loudly on this forum.....
Thinking that groper Joe will be a good Pres....
Man... still bitter eh?. It’s gon be a long winter for u.
__________________
"How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.”
-HDT
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends on the character of the user." T. Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 11-24-2020, 07:49 AM
58thecat's Avatar
58thecat 58thecat is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Posts: 20,958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Yes the do, most are blowing their own horns quite loudly on this forum.....
Thinking that groper Joe will be a good Pres....
Better than what was....a freakin spoiled madman....hopefully sooner or later both our countries will wake up and get someone at the helm mature and reasonable....ya right!
__________________

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 11-24-2020, 08:05 AM
Bigwoodsman Bigwoodsman is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7,372
Default

This thread is like playing "Go Fish"! Every once in a while you get a pair!

I now see the link to AO!

BW
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 11-24-2020, 08:07 AM
KinAlberta KinAlberta is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
They think you're stupid. And I'm inclined to think that a lot of the time, they're right.

https://youtu.be/oQxaGm7eK4U
I like that guy! Nice sarcastic sense of humour.

So now the world has a new buzzword: Reset
Everyone wants to make the world great again.
Yadda yadda yadda...
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 11-24-2020, 10:00 AM
sk270 sk270 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,408
Default

I thought I'd stay away but I guess I'm addicted. Joke joke

I see the Great Reset and Agenda 2030 vs the conservative viewpoint as globalization vs nation-first policies. We are currently in a vast grey area between the two since the world is one planet and trade is world-wide. There are pros and cons on both sides and we see both good and bad on a daily basis.

Both the UN and WEF put forward agendas that sound very positive and altruistic, benefiting all of human-kind. The problem is that few nations will consistently implement the necessary policies. For example, the US would not even ship N95 masks to Canada despite a contract. China broke a deal with Canada so as to develop a Covid-19 vaccine without us.

As long as human nature remains as it is, Mr. Trudeau and the Liberal/NDP alliance need to work from reality, not their "pipe dreams".
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 11-24-2020, 10:10 AM
EZM's Avatar
EZM EZM is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 10,918
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Yes the do, most are blowing their own horns quite loudly on this forum.....
Thinking that groper Joe will be a good Pres....
YUP ………… and you didn't seem to be bothered at all while TRUMPeting your own horn for the last 4 years did you?

Well, you reap what you sow, so listen to the music now and wipe the tears away ………. it's time for some Kenny G

This one is for Donald an you to enjoy ……..

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6FORM%3DHDRSC3
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 11-24-2020, 10:10 AM
glen moa glen moa is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 674
Default

Crack pipe dreams.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 11-24-2020, 10:17 AM
Sundancefisher's Avatar
Sundancefisher Sundancefisher is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Calgary Perchdance
Posts: 19,795
Default

TRUMP just agreed to let the transition to Biden begin.

All lawsuits have failed.

Giuliani hair dye failed.

So does this mean I win my $100?
__________________
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 11-24-2020, 10:35 AM
EZM's Avatar
EZM EZM is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 10,918
Default

Yup - except the funny thing was that Emily Murphy at GSA sent an open letter at 6:01EST, which was 1 minute after the official Certification's (@ 6:00 EST) of 2 States which upheld the election results stating (paraphrased)….

- it was not for her responsibility to decide if the election was valid, in question, or otherwise - the sates ratify and certify the results - pursuant to the law and constitution

- that once states certify a winner (which they did) it's her job to trigger the official transition of communication which is exactly what she is doing

- and, NO ORDERS were given by Trump or the Administration - this was executed by her office, by her office, with no influence otherwise

………. so Trump sees this thing is crumbling like milk soaked cookie in a fat kids hands and jumps in 16 minutes later to give HIMSELF credit for instructing her to do that - which her own official letter disputes.

Of course TRUMP take credit for it - and ONLY because the flailing tantrum he is having is getting ignored by all the adults in the room and the people who have brains - the only ones paying attention to him are the ones scared of him or too stupid and gullible to figure out he's full of crap and has NOTHING. Absolutely nothing of substance here.

These are the same people donating to him "to fight his legal battles and fund his political trust" - money that can be used to pay off his election DEBT ……….. what a fraud artist and crook. I guess the longer he keeps this up the more money he collects from the average middle class American so they can help out a Billionaire. lol.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 11-24-2020, 11:04 AM
tri777's Avatar
tri777 tri777 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,668
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
TRUMP just agreed to let the transition to Biden begin.
..So does this mean I win my $100?
Dec 21st is my cut off day for Trump (whether he concedes or not)..
will be paying my debts if this drags on (like it is) on Dec 22nd.

Robfraser- $100
Sundancefisher- $100
--------------------------------------------

Trump:"..We are moving full speed ahead. Will never concede to fake ballots & “Dominion”.
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 11-24-2020, 11:09 AM
Sundancefisher's Avatar
Sundancefisher Sundancefisher is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Calgary Perchdance
Posts: 19,795
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri777 View Post
Dec 21st is my cut off day for Trump (whether he concedes or not)..
will be paying my debts if this drags on (like it is) on Dec 22nd.

Robfraser- $100
Sundancefisher- $100
--------------------------------------------

Trump:"..We are moving full speed ahead. Will never concede to fake ballots & “Dominion”.
Fair enough.
__________________
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 11-24-2020, 11:27 AM
robfraser robfraser is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 362
Default Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri777 View Post
Dec 21st is my cut off day for Trump (whether he concedes or not)..
will be paying my debts if this drags on (like it is) on Dec 22nd.

Robfraser- $100
Sundancefisher- $100
--------------------------------------------

Trump:"..We are moving full speed ahead. Will never concede to fake ballots & “Dominion”.
Thanks very much tri777.
Best regards
Rob
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 11-24-2020, 11:47 AM
EZM's Avatar
EZM EZM is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 10,918
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri777 View Post
Dec 21st is my cut off day for Trump (whether he concedes or not)..
will be paying my debts if this drags on (like it is) on Dec 22nd.

Robfraser- $100
Sundancefisher- $100
--------------------------------------------

Trump:"..We are moving full speed ahead. Will never concede to fake ballots & “Dominion”.
I can try and fault you for your perspective on politics - but I can't fault you for being a man of your word.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 11-24-2020, 11:54 AM
RavYak's Avatar
RavYak RavYak is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: West Edmonton
Posts: 5,526
Default

Could have won $50 on my recount bet, I didn't think Trump would go ahead with Wisconsin recount.

Just realized he doesn't have to pay anything for Georgia, covered by taxpayers like the first 2 counts.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 11-24-2020, 11:58 AM
Stinky Coyote Stinky Coyote is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,404
Default

Haven't been paying attention to general discussion lately. So has the Dr. Epstein stuff been hashed out on here yet? What's the general consensus?

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/dow...tein-testimony

I did a quick look at the last few elections.

2008, Obama 1st win, high turnout year for voters, total 129.45 million votes, Obama getting 69.5 million and a new record for highest votes. (McCain got 59.95 million)

2012, Total 126.8 million votes, Obama got 65.9 million and Romney got 60.9 million.

2016, Total 128.82 million, Trump 62.98 million, Clinton 65.85 million, Trump wins by Electoral College.

2020 so far trending 30.35 million votes more than even the 2008 high turn out year. Looking like 159.8 million total votes, Biden at 79.8m to Trump 73.8 million.

Something doesn't sit right here. First this election was voted either for or against Trump. No one voted for Biden based on credentials or platform etc. because he has/had none. His platform, all the democrats platform even when choosing Biden to run, were the same...simply to take down Trump. Not offer their own solutions on how to govern better or what will make the country greater or what will be better for the American people. All i saw was a platform against one man. So...start doing big picture math. All we've learned about big tech, msm, who drives them and what they primarily consist of. Then Dr. Epstein's report and expert in behavioral research and technology...even though a democrat himself and very likely his candidate will get the benefit, he's still ok with the truth and ownership, as i think the middle ground of people are, especially the working class.

I can't see that many people voting against someone, over 10 million more votes more than Obama on a record year? That sounds beyond fishy af to me. They certainly didn't do nearly 80 million votes for him because they love him...the guy gropes people on national television and is full out losing his mental faculties, his verbal and physical filters snowballing. Not to mention what little he has done with 47 years in office and what he has done hasn't been very good. That simply doesn't garner record number of votes...big red flag.

So my big picture brain looks at all those numbers, the power of big tech & msm, and it's not hard to see stolen elections at all. Knowing human nature and that more of us would prefer not to look in the mirror and take without question rather than earn it and live from a moral standpoint as the constitution was set up to do. In order to beat the constitution you would have to cheat at these much more creative ways. Humanities level of creativity in how we prey on each other has only the limits of our creativity. So there's some serious red flags going on here to me.

I applaud the courage of this Dr. to place the truth and accountability ahead of his personal desires. More of this please.

I hope they get to the bottom of all this. As i've said before, there's nothing better humans do than prey on each other...and there's also nothing we do more of. We need babysitting alright, just not from those who prey on us, and that's what's looking to be happening in the USA right now...the predators are figuring out how to beat the system.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 11-24-2020, 12:16 PM
robfraser robfraser is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 362
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
Could have won $50 on my recount bet, I didn't think Trump would go ahead with Wisconsin recount.

Just realized he doesn't have to pay anything for Georgia, covered by taxpayers like the first 2 counts.
Trump campaign paid 3 million up front for a partial recount in Wisconsin.
Full recount would have been 8 million.
Trump is throwing 3 million in the dumpster!
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 11-24-2020, 12:35 PM
Ken07AOVette's Avatar
Ken07AOVette Ken07AOVette is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 23,687
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Man... still bitter eh?. It’s gon be a long winter for u.
Bessie I have no doubt AT ALL you will get this one, but many in here will not.

Confucius say;


There are many, many stinky fingers online days weeks months later.
__________________
Only dead fish go with the flow. The rest use their brains in life.


Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 11-24-2020, 12:37 PM
Ken07AOVette's Avatar
Ken07AOVette Ken07AOVette is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 23,687
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
Could have won $50 on my recount bet, I didn't think Trump would go ahead with Wisconsin recount.

Just realized he doesn't have to pay anything for Georgia, covered by taxpayers like the first 2 counts.
I nearly lost $10,000!!

He didn't shake on it, settled for $10.
__________________
Only dead fish go with the flow. The rest use their brains in life.


Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 11-24-2020, 01:35 PM
RandyBoBandy's Avatar
RandyBoBandy RandyBoBandy is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: YEG
Posts: 8,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezel View Post
If we want to see Canada heal and grow, we need somebody other than Justin Trudeau.
Quick Dick McDick

Language warning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZQk...ature=emb_logo
__________________
“Love your country, but never trust its government.”
~ Robert A. Heinlein
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 11-24-2020, 04:18 PM
RavYak's Avatar
RavYak RavYak is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: West Edmonton
Posts: 5,526
Default

Trump sounding a bit dejected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE2cKfLX4lc
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 11-24-2020, 04:23 PM
chuck chuck is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 14,160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Yup - except the funny thing was that Emily Murphy at GSA sent an open letter at 6:01EST, which was 1 minute after the official Certification's (@ 6:00 EST) of 2 States which upheld the election results stating (paraphrased)….

- it was not for her responsibility to decide if the election was valid, in question, or otherwise - the sates ratify and certify the results - pursuant to the law and constitution

- that once states certify a winner (which they did) it's her job to trigger the official transition of communication which is exactly what she is doing

- and, NO ORDERS were given by Trump or the Administration - this was executed by her office, by her office, with no influence otherwise

………. so Trump sees this thing is crumbling like milk soaked cookie in a fat kids hands and jumps in 16 minutes later to give HIMSELF credit for instructing her to do that - which her own official letter disputes.

Of course TRUMP take credit for it - and ONLY because the flailing tantrum he is having is getting ignored by all the adults in the room and the people who have brains - the only ones paying attention to him are the ones scared of him or too stupid and gullible to figure out he's full of crap and has NOTHING. Absolutely nothing of substance here.

These are the same people donating to him "to fight his legal battles and fund his political trust" - money that can be used to pay off his election DEBT ……….. what a fraud artist and crook. I guess the longer he keeps this up the more money he collects from the average middle class American so they can help out a Billionaire. lol.
What is it about Biden that you like?
__________________
“Joe Average is over-headstamped, over-scoped and under-bulleted."
-author unknown
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 11-24-2020, 05:07 PM
Stinky Coyote Stinky Coyote is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,404
Default

now there's a question!

i have yet to hear anything approaching the virtues of Biden, the democratic party, platform goodness, a plan, how they will do it better than the republicans or Trump...nothing? all i've seen is a 4 year temper tantrum with a singular focus on one man leaving nothing but gobs of irrational behavior in the wake because they can't seem to get the result realized such that they can once again behave rationally again...most fascinating thing to watch, at least it was like the game of thrones for 2020 in terms of entertainment value but many history lessons could come from this u.s. election

do please explain why one 'hypothetically of course' would actually vote for Biden outside of voting against Trump? anyone? please enlighten
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 11-24-2020, 05:22 PM
bessiedog's Avatar
bessiedog bessiedog is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,001
Default

Ken


Your one of my fav people here.


Heh!
__________________
"How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.”
-HDT
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends on the character of the user." T. Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 11-24-2020, 08:33 PM
Head Lice's Avatar
Head Lice Head Lice is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: BC
Posts: 211
Default

We laugh at the Americans . . . the 'real' joke is Justin Trudeau. The Alberta govt. still sending your tax dollars in the form of Transfer/Equalization payments to Quebec? Pay the mugger to beat you up?
Yeah, the Americans are a real barrel of laughs . . .
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 11-24-2020, 08:41 PM
hunterngather hunterngather is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 512
Default

Miss the days when people didnt just blame some political figure head for thier misfortune...

8 or so years ago on forums like this all the talk was about

"It only takes hard work ethic to make it"

What happened to that view?
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 11-24-2020, 08:47 PM
KGB's Avatar
KGB KGB is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 4,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
now there's a question!

i have yet to hear anything approaching the virtues of Biden, the democratic party, platform goodness, a plan, how they will do it better than the republicans or Trump...nothing? all i've seen is a 4 year temper tantrum with a singular focus on one man leaving nothing but gobs of irrational behavior in the wake because they can't seem to get the result realized such that they can once again behave rationally again...most fascinating thing to watch, at least it was like the game of thrones for 2020 in terms of entertainment value but many history lessons could come from this u.s. election

do please explain why one 'hypothetically of course' would actually vote for Biden outside of voting against Trump? anyone? please enlighten
You nailed it pal. Totally agree with you on this post and the one above.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 11-24-2020, 08:59 PM
JohninAB's Avatar
JohninAB JohninAB is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: West Central Alberta
Posts: 6,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head Lice View Post
We laugh at the Americans . . . the 'real' joke is Justin Trudeau. The Alberta govt. still sending your tax dollars in the form of Transfer/Equalization payments to Quebec? Pay the mugger to beat you up?
Yeah, the Americans are a real barrel of laughs . . .
Transfer payments are sent by the federal government to provincial governments for things like health care etc.

Equalization payments come out of taxes paid by all Canadians and collected by the federal government. Everyone, no matter the province they live in, pays the same federal tax rate based on their taxable income.

Alberta government does not send provincial taxes to the federal government for equalization payments.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 11-24-2020, 10:32 PM
KinAlberta KinAlberta is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,234
Default

Rex Murphy: The 'great reset' no one asked for

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex...-one-asked-for
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 11-24-2020, 10:32 PM
EZM's Avatar
EZM EZM is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 10,918
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
What is it about Biden that you like?
Not much. As stated many times, and no matter how much you want to make me out be a Biden fan, I am not.

This is not binary thought process like you seem to believe that it must be.

Understanding what binary means isn't that complicated of a concept is it?.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 11-24-2020, 11:36 PM
6.5 shooter's Avatar
6.5 shooter 6.5 shooter is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Medicine Hat
Posts: 3,358
Default

Trump was his own worst enemy...But seriously you guys really think you have a winner with Bidden??

But I can see it now, you will be standing on your side of the the sandbox going NANANABOOOBOOO told ya so , told ya so, for the next 4 years.....

So I guess we Conservative can now go looting and rioting and get the MSM to portray us as the PWF.. who's lives matter...... LOL
__________________
Trades I would interested in:

- Sightron rifle scopes, 4.5x14x42mm or 4x16x42mm especially! with the HHR reticle.
- .22 K Hornet, .17 Hornet
- 6mm Creedmoor, 6.5x47mm.
- 6.5x284 brass and dies.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.