Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Equalization remove or keep
Remove. 86 84.31%
Keep 16 15.69%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2020, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Lest you think that Zip n Z had anything to do with this, you are wrong.

This ^^^^ is an accusation????
Apparently you think it is.
Old 11-23-2020, 08:38 AM

I tried to make a poll on what the majority feel on politics threads on AO but, don’t know how. Lol
Old 11-23-2020, 09:04 AM

Default Rex Murphy nails it again

I haven't seen it on the "politics" thread so I'm going to say that this is definitely the speech that Trudeau should give: https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex...-greater-reset.

I doubt that we'll ever hear it but perhaps we can vote for someone who will say it.
Old 11-23-2020, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk270 View Post
I haven't seen it on the "politics" thread so I'm going to say that this is definitely the speech that Trudeau should give: https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex...-greater-reset.

I doubt that we'll ever hear it but perhaps we can vote for someone who will say it.
Trudeau already tried to give himself the powers of a dictator using covid as an excuse.
Old 11-23-2020, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Trudeau already tried to give himself the powers of a dictator using covid as an excuse.
I did think that Mr. Murphy captured almost perfectly my feelings on the matter. I would have liked him to include Saskatchewan, but we can't have everything. Besides, Saskatchewan would benefit alongside Alberta.
Old 11-23-2020, 10:08 AM

Perhaps it would be a good idea to close every thread related to politics, so the discussions would have to be continued on this super thread?
Old 11-23-2020, 10:19 AM

Edmonton mayor won’t be seeking re-election... maybe the snow flakes can’t take the heat coming ( for all the future bike lanes and LRT issues )or he got a board seat lined up at some ice castle .
Old 11-23-2020, 10:38 AM

For those of you that made the error of posting on this thread like I did, you can unsubscribe to the thread so you don't get the endless drivel of follow on posts. Top bar of the thread there is a box called thread tools, click it open, the bottom choice is unsubscribe.
Old 11-23-2020, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Perhaps it would be a good idea to close every thread related to politics, so the discussions would have to be continued on this super thread?
Great idea.

Covid-19 threads too.

The virus was allowed to go pandemic because of near zero advance planning and the rewarding of people for cutting our defensive measures, then all the political posturing nonsense when the virus actually arrived.
Old 11-23-2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtank View Post
Edmonton mayor won’t be seeking re-election... maybe the snow flakes can’t take the heat coming ( for all the future bike lanes and LRT issues )or he got a board seat lined up at some ice castle .

This makes me almost as happy as seeing an end to COVID would. He spent all the money, garnered huge debt, raised taxes and lowered services. Time to move on, mission accomplished. I guess that his plan for a Northern Utopia didn't pan out as well as he anticipated.
Old 11-23-2020, 11:27 AM

Default National Police Federation opposes Liberal gun ban.

Press release from NPF.
Interesting read.
https://firearmrights.ca/en/national...all-to-action/
John 3:16
Firearms Owners are the difference between FREEDOM & TYRANNY!
Gun Control is Population Control
Old 11-23-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8x68S View Post
Press release from NPF.
Interesting read.
https://firearmrights.ca/en/national...all-to-action/
The readers digest version:

READ THEIR PRESS RELEASE HERE

“Costly and current legislation, such as the Order in Council prohibiting various firearms and the proposed “buy-back” program by the federal government targeted at legal firearm owners, does not address these current and emerging themes or urgent threats to public safety.

It also does not address:

• criminal activity,
• illegal firearms proliferation,
• gang crime,
• illegal guns crossing the border or
• the criminal use of firearms.

In fact, it diverts extremely important personnel, resources, and funding away from addressing the more immediate and growing threat of criminal use of illegal firearms.”

My bold.

- Sightron rifle scopes, 4.5x14x42mm or 4x16x42mm especially! with the HHR reticle.
- .22 K Hornet, .17 Hornet
- 6mm Creedmoor, 6.5x47mm.
- 6.5x284 brass and dies.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:13 PM

Default 1 in 100?

Was that thread moved somewhere? I thought it maybe would be here, but am unable to find it.

Ishpah seems to have a burr in his saddle, boot and britches, would like to see what came of that discussion?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 11-23-2020, 12:42 PM

I went looking for it. Looks like it's gone.

BW
Old 11-23-2020, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
I went looking for it. Looks like it's gone.

BW
Hahaha!

Of course it’s gone.
Old 11-23-2020, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
There is always the option to bugger off if you don't like outdoors related talk. In fact, I'd suggest it.
You quoting me from a political thread . . "bugger off if you don't like outdoors related talk."
You've made my point for me from an earlier post . . . . 'politics is the outdoors' . . . . . very considerate of you, thank you.
Old 11-23-2020, 04:18 PM

You know when FOX News runs an article like this ………… it's Game Over ……

from FOX news …….

WHAT IF TRUMP ACTUALLY DID IT?

Let’s imagine for a moment what might happen if President Trump actually succeeded in his efforts to get Republican elected officials in at least three swing states to overturn the results of this year’s election.

Yes, we know that this is almost impossibly far-fetched, but bear with us for a moment. Let’s say that the Republican-controlled legislatures in, say, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin were to disregard the election results and pick a slate of electors to cast their ballots for Trump.

Yes, we know that Democratic governors in those states would veto any such thing, but we are just following the thread laid out by Trump’s legal team.

Maybe mass protests and pro-Trump demonstrations change the calculus. Whatever it is, just grant us that somehow this would happen. By delaying certification, Trump & Co. somehow find a way to exert enough political pressure to actually overturn the results.

Can you imagine anything worse for the Republican Party?

After losing the national popular vote by more than 6 million ballots cast and being defeated in swing states by a more decisive margin than his own victory four years ago, Trump would somehow then get the House of Representatives to accept these irregular electors and declare him the winner.

We have heard a lot lately about the hard feelings among 74 million Americans who voted for Trump. How do you think the 80 million people who voted for Biden would be feeling at that point? How about the millions more who supported Trump despite their objections to his conduct?

To say that it would plunge the nation into chaos, disorder and danger is no exaggeration. The sight of a defeated president rigging the system to retain power would be a catastrophe for domestic governance and our national security. For Republicans, it would be a Chernobyl-scale meltdown.

As we have said before, we tend to think that what Trump is doing is more about delegitimizing President-elect Joe Biden and somehow maintaining the fiction among Trump’s core supporters that he didn’t really lose. In fact, the remoteness of success is what makes Trump’s conduct possible.

More and more Republicans are coming forward to tell the president to stop what he is doing, but many hold their tongues preferring to let the drama play out without having to alienate any of their own primary voters.

Outside of the reddest of red districts, however, things are turning ugly. Already some 70 percent of voters disapprove of Trump’s post-election conduct compared to less than a third who backed the president’s play.

Just imagine what that would like if even one of those states threw out the results and people started to take seriously the possibility that the Trump might retain power for another four years.

The best thing Republicans have going for them right now is that Trump’s effort is hard to take seriously. Heaven help them if that ever changes.
Old 11-23-2020, 05:50 PM

Hey hey hey......!

Trumpy allows transition funding to go ahead!!!!

Ha!!!!

Fat lady is doin a warm up. Big song a comin!!!

Got one more guy to collect $ from.......
Old 11-23-2020, 06:20 PM

Been obvious from the start.
Took the NP this long to state the obvious?

Two entitled trust fund babies:

Kelly McParland: Trudeau has more in common with Trump than he'd like to admit| National Post

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/kel...-like-to-admit
Old 11-23-2020, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Hey hey hey......!

Ha!!!!

Next event will be extending himself a presidential pardon to avoid time in the hoosgow.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:26 PM

Dear mods. Thank you for this thread. It is a kickazz idea.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk270 View Post

And it is, really that simple.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:33 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Get out trumpy pooh.....your time spent freeloading is over....Biden is getting his new home all in order...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-23-2020, 07:05 PM

I wonder what the Cheeto will do next. He’s got to be coming up with another scheme. Should be interesting
Old 11-23-2020, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Hey hey hey......!

Ha!!!!

Trump actually tweeted a well written and coherent message ....I wonder who helped him write it ...

I want to thank Emily Murphy at GSA for her steadfast dedication and loyalty to our Country. She has been harassed, threatened, and abused – and I do not want to see this happen to her, her family, or employees of GSA. Our case STRONGLY continues, we will keep up the good fight, and I believe we will prevail! Nevertheless, in the best interest of our Country, I am recommending that Emily and her team do what needs to be done with regard to initial protocols, and have told my team to do the same.
Old 11-23-2020, 07:57 PM

Playing politics while people caught in the middle are just trying to keep their livelihoods alive. That’s also the problem with mandates.

Kelowna, B.C., business owner berated by anti-maskers while holding baby | Globalnews.ca

https://globalnews.ca/news/7477816/k...-holding-baby/

Kelowna, B.C., woman arrested after COVID-19 mask dispute at Value Village | Globalnews.ca

https://globalnews.ca/news/7480148/k...value-village/
Old 11-23-2020, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsalot View Post
I wonder what the Cheeto will do next. He’s got to be coming up with another scheme. Should be interesting
as long as he doesn't tweet the opposite of "stand down, stand by", things should go ok'ish.

I'm sure some network is signing him up for a new TV Show, of some sort; 73 million people voted for him, hard numbers for a network to ignore.
Old 11-23-2020, 08:45 PM

They think you're stupid. And I'm inclined to think that a lot of the time, they're right.

https://youtu.be/oQxaGm7eK4U

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-23-2020, 09:49 PM

If we want to see Canada heal and grow, we need somebody other than Justin Trudeau.
Quick Dick McDick

Language warning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZQk...ature=emb_logo
Old 11-23-2020, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
They think you're stupid. And I'm inclined to think that a lot of the time, they're right.

https://youtu.be/oQxaGm7eK4U
Yes the do, most are blowing their own horns quite loudly on this forum.....
Thinking that groper Joe will be a good Pres....

- Sightron rifle scopes, 4.5x14x42mm or 4x16x42mm especially! with the HHR reticle.
- .22 K Hornet, .17 Hornet
- 6mm Creedmoor, 6.5x47mm.
- 6.5x284 brass and dies.