Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Equalization remove or keep
Remove. 84 84.00%
Keep 16 16.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2021, 08:22 AM

Interesting article:

https://www.aptnnews.ca/national-new...al-government/

I believe all reserves in Canada have some kind of water/sewage treatment plants.

Many not working properly due to lack of proper maintenance, skilled labor to run them, and what they say "lack of funding". Where is this allotted money go?

Why does the government and media make it sound like they drink water out of sloughs? And all go to outhouses? Oh right...the narrative.

Pathetic...
Old 10-10-2021, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McCracken View Post
Interesting article:

https://www.aptnnews.ca/national-new...al-government/

I believe all reserves in Canada have some kind of water/sewage treatment plants.

Many not working properly due to lack of proper maintenance, skilled labor to run them, and what they say "lack of funding". Where is this allotted money go?

Why does the government and media make it sound like they drink water out of sloughs? And all go to outhouses? Oh right...the narrative.
Phil, I can't tell what you are driving at. You cite an article that explains the problems that many First Nations encounter in providing potable water. On the other hand, your questions about where the money goes and the government/media communications make it sound like you are unsympathetic to the First Nations concerns in the article.

I don't know about water treatment plant funding but funding for on-reserve schools used to be deficient, and I doubt that's changed. At least in Saskatchewan, the provincial schools were funded at a much higher dollar amount per student than the band schools. Clearly, this would affect the quality of the educational opportunities available. If the same shortfall were true about water treatment funding, it would be obvious why there are problems on reserves.

Last edited by sk270; 10-10-2021 at 11:21 AM.
Old 10-10-2021, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk270 View Post
Phil, I can't tell what you are driving at. You cite an article that explains the problems that many First Nations encounter in providing potable water. On the other hand, your questions about where the money goes and the government/media communications make it sound like you are unsympathetic to the First Nations concerns in the article.

I don't know about water treatment plant funding but funding for on-reserve schools used to be deficient, and I doubt that's changed. At least in Saskatchewan, the provincial schools were funded at a much higher dollar amount per student than the band schools. Clearly, this would affect the quality of the educational opportunities available. If the same shortfall were true about water treatment funding, it would be obvious why there are problems on reserves.
As per my previous comments on this, once their "budget" is allotted, there is mismanagement. The money that "should" go into this doesn't always goes there.

I am very sympathetic towards the First Nations concerns, as they have many. I have witnessed it on many occasions.

I am however less sympathetic with the Chief/Band Councils who are apparently responsible for funding distribution, and everything else. That there is the real problem, and will always be. And as I stated before, there is no accountability.

Government/media rarely discuss this " local self First Nations government" problem. Blaming everyone else is the easy way out.

No one in our Federal/Provincial government would dare challenge these issues, as it would be political suicide.

I apologize for not being clearer in my previous message...
Old 10-12-2021, 02:28 PM

Arrow

You can't make this stuff up!

Trudeau government warns against travelling ... seriously

Health Minister Patty Hajdu with a straight face warned Canadians against travelling, 'unless absolutely necessary'

Now with her boss set to attend G20 in Rome at the end of the month and Glasgow for the United Nations climate summit at the start of November, Hajdu is warning us not to travel internationally.

Days after her boss admitted flying to Tofino on the first National Day for Truth and Reconciliation was a thoughtless mistake , shes now saying travel inside Canada is dangerous and can spread COVID.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...ling-seriously
Old 10-12-2021, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post

Health Minister Patty Hajdu with a straight face warned Canadians against travelling, 'unless absolutely necessary'

Now with her boss set to attend G20 in Rome at the end of the month and Glasgow for the United Nations climate summit at the start of November, Hajdu is warning us not to travel internationally.

Days after her boss admitted flying to Tofino on the first National Day for Truth and Reconciliation was a thoughtless mistake , shes now saying travel inside Canada is dangerous and can spread COVID.

Rules for thee, man, rules for theeeeee
Old 10-12-2021, 05:37 PM

I read this, and even though I have tried to not post negative stuff for a while now (because we really need a break from it), this article really really got me angry.

In a nutshell, it's just another big 'Screw Alberta, they are a bunch of gun loving fundamentalist anti vaxxers' who really aren't important and certainly don't deserve political representation in an oh so progressive Canada.

And you know what? The so called Conservative party is already moving in this direction, so I guess he is right.

That opinion piece clearly articulates the attitude GTA and much of eastern Canada has of us. And Alberta will just keep sucking it up, because being the red headed step child of Confederation is safer then divorcing Canada.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/kel...p-with-alberta

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 10-12-2021, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I read this, and even though I have tried to not post negative stuff for a while now (because we really need a break from it), this article really really got me angry.

In a nutshell, it's just another big 'Screw Alberta, they are a bunch of gun loving fundamentalist anti vaxxers' who really aren't important and certainly don't deserve political representation in an oh so progressive Canada.

And you know what? The so called Conservative party is already moving in this direction, so I guess he is right.

That opinion piece clearly articulates the attitude GTA and much of eastern Canada has of us. And Alberta will just keep sucking it up, because being the red headed step child of Confederation is safer then divorcing Canada.

I read that trash this morning, with the comments attached to article. Good reminder that it will be next to impossible to get through to those people out east, especially on gun control. Article mentions it briefly, but basically states that eastern Canada has accepted all legal firearms owners are evil and dangerous, trying to get their hands on AK47's, RPG's, and nukes or something like that.
Old 10-12-2021, 05:53 PM

Quote:

Its clearly their attitude plain & simple. Howd the saying go again? Thats right skrew the west, well take the rest. Hoping people have had a chance to cast their vote on the equalization referendum! If you want change, now is the time to go vote for it. The MSM is really out to try & downplay it, so go out and do what they least expect you to...& vote!
Old 10-12-2021, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post

Canadian's had a chance to get RID of him and it didn't happen. Canadian's are responsible for keeping him in power.
Old 10-12-2021, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
Canadian's had a chance to get RID of him and it didn't happen. Canadian's are responsible for keeping him in power.
Pretty hard to get rid of the turd when the west coast, the golden triangle, and the eastern welfare provinces have many more votes then the rest of Canada. The system is broken. Even the turd knew this in his first term but decided to keep it the same because it virtually assured his re election.

- Sightron rifle scopes, 4.5x14x42mm or 4x16x42mm especially! with the HHR reticle.
- .22 K Hornet, .17 Hornet
- 6mm Creedmoor, 6.5x47mm.
- 6.5x284 brass and dies.
Old 10-13-2021, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtShooter View Post
Rules for thee, man, rules for theeeeee
Hypocrisy has no bounds with these morons. Also the gullibility of idiots that continue to vote this moron in also has no bounds.
Old 10-13-2021, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Agree 100%.
Old 10-13-2021, 08:08 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Pretty hard to get rid of the turd when the west coast, the golden triangle, and the eastern welfare provinces have many more votes then the rest of Canada. The system is broken. Even the turd knew this in his first term but decided to keep it the same because it virtually assured his re election.
He thought with all the vid handouts nation wide he would get a majority government but he is where he was 6 months ago or so it seems....now if he tried that again I am sure it would be a complete different outcome with how he tap danced around the natives issues, blew a pot for of cash on calling an election etc.....ohhh well the toilet got flushed but residual crap still surfaced.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-13-2021, 08:57 PM

For shame Albertans... we obviously dont understand whats best for us. Cant we see that giving money to provinces that actively campaign against our economic freedom is a good thing?

The MSM is obviously in a panic as the polling #s aren't going the way they had hoped:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globalne...nderstood/amp/

Not a mention about the easterners biting the hand that feeds them and the inevitable repercussions.

Oct 18th cant come soon enough.
Old 10-14-2021, 01:08 PM

Anyone else following municipal elections?

I can't believe that Edmonton has the ex-Liberal MP in the hunt.
Old 10-14-2021, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichaud View Post
Anyone else following municipal elections?

I can't believe that Edmonton has the ex-Liberal MP in the hunt.
Here's the scary part..Sohi will win, no problems
Old 10-14-2021, 02:06 PM

Quote:

BW
Old 10-14-2021, 10:08 PM

Appears our fine premier might have been stretching things a bit this summer. FOIP records indicate he didn't speak to staff or senior MLA's whatsoever, despite saying he had daily interaction. He needs a ride to the bus station!
Old 10-14-2021, 10:47 PM

Quote:

I couldn't even read that whole article what a peice of trash.
Old 10-14-2021, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
Appears our fine premier might have been stretching things a bit this summer. FOIP records indicate he didn't speak to staff or senior MLA's whatsoever, despite saying he had daily interaction. He needs a ride to the bus station!
Imagine a leader being present during a crisis is fiction...
Old 10-15-2021, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterngather View Post
Trudeau really does set the bar high eh?
Old 10-15-2021, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
Appears our fine premier might have been stretching things a bit this summer. FOIP records indicate he didn't speak to staff or senior MLA's whatsoever, despite saying he had daily interaction. He needs a ride to the Train station!

Fixed it for you

- Sightron rifle scopes, 4.5x14x42mm or 4x16x42mm especially! with the HHR reticle.
Old 10-15-2021, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterngather View Post
Queen Elisabeth, Churchill, Margret Thatcher just to name a few...Not all are as spineless as our PM.

Old 10-16-2021, 12:02 PM

Quote:
I sincerely hope he wont! It just looks totally unreal that we have so many people who is willing to vote this trash in! This looser lost his position with feds and then decided to come back to milk Edmonton even more than he did before!
And he is openly campaigning on a 10% property tax increase! Like WTF!!
I just dont understand who and why will be voting for this guy!
Old 10-16-2021, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
I sincerely hope he wont! It just looks totally unreal that we have so many people who is willing to vote this trash in! This looser lost his position with feds and then decided to come back to milk Edmonton even more than he did before!
Sadly, there's plenty of short-sighted individuals who will vote these kinds of candidates in.
Old 10-16-2021, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Unfortunately YEG voters are ORANGE and RED !!It's disgusting..BUT then again Calgary has backed up Nemshi for way too long
I'll hold my nose and vote for Nikel
Old 10-18-2021, 08:32 AM

Default Please get out and vote!

Just a reminder on our Municipal Election Day today. There are other issues at play today like the referendum on equalization, daylight saving time, school trustees and Senator recommendations.

I hope everyone will take the time to go out and cast their ballots.
Old 10-18-2021, 08:38 AM

Yes, absolutely!

IncrediGirl and I were going through the list of candidates, and making lists... Those with woke causes get put in the "Nyet" pile...
Old 10-18-2021, 09:23 AM

Did the early poll like we did for the Federal one. Given the lines ups on voting day Federally I am surprised everyone didn't hit up the early polls. Agree with you Stinky on the woke ones, problem is around here that is pretty much all of them. For County of Sturgeon Mayor and our area councillor, there wasn't even a choice, both got in unopposed, and it isn't because they are great at their jobs.
Old 10-18-2021, 09:39 AM

We are fast becoming politically bankrupt just as we are becoming financially bankrupt in all 3 levels of government. The increased legal financial parameters so PACs can silently back candidates of their choice further reduces the incentive to vote. So many games being played behind the scenes. Yes, I will vote but the rational for doing so is becoming increasingly questionable.