Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Equalization remove or keep
Remove. 84 84.00%
Keep 16 16.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2020, 02:34 PM

You guys need a LOT more balance, and I won't even comment on Zip's new found religion. The turd comment is what finally broke the limit and is completely unacceptable.The mods on here are unpaid volunteers, they get absolutely nothing for the pleasure of dealing with all the nonsense that goes on here, nor do they get anything from the owner in terms of a Christmas party or whatever iin the form of recognition for the Yeoman service they provide. I can easily see why they don't want to have to moderate dozens of political threads.

I would be willing to bet that if a couple of you would volunteer to heavily moderate the political and Covid threads you would get accepted in a heart beat and multy threads would probably be allowed again. Short of that maybe cut them some slack and provide the respect they have earned and deserve..
Old 11-22-2020, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
You guys need a LOT more balance, and I won't even comment on Zip's new found religion. The turd comment is what finally broke the limit and is completely unacceptable.The mods on here are unpaid volunteers, they get absolutely nothing for the pleasure of dealing with all the nonsense that goes on here, nor do they get anything from the owner in terms of a Christmas party or whatever iin the form of recognition for the Yeoman service they provide. I can easily see why they don't want to have to moderate dozens of political threads.

I would be willing to bet that if a couple of you would volunteer to heavily moderate the political and Covid threads you would get accepted in a heart beat and multy threads would probably be allowed again. Short of that maybe cut them some slack and provide the respect they have earned and deserve..

I would be the most hated mod ever to be on AO 😀 🎵A banning I will go a banning I will go 🎵
Old 11-22-2020, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post

A sub forum would have solved this call it politics and pandemics. Throw Covid and politics into the same sub forum. Easy peasy lemon squeazie. Running it this way is politics to the core.

Again because some donít have self control weíre governed for the few. Sounds like a left coast move to me.

Iím not taking a run at any mod they have a tough job.

Whoís for a Politics and Pandemics sub forum?

BW
Old 11-22-2020, 03:31 PM

Ooops! didn't see this new thread until I posted in the 2020 Flower thread.
Me thinks this 'New Improved' thread is a Moderators answer to getting rid of all relevant thought on the issues that will eventually affect your personal enjoyment of the outdoors. Land issues, firearm ownership issues, etc.
Just my opinion . . .

Last edited by Head Lice; 11-22-2020 at 03:44 PM.
Old 11-22-2020, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Trudeau ainít so bad.
Love it!!!
Old 11-22-2020, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head Lice View Post
Ooops! didn't see this new thread until I posted in the 2020 Flower thread.
Me thinks this 'New Improved' thread is a Moderators answer to getting rid of all relevant thought on the issues that will eventually affect your personal enjoyment of the outdoors. Land issues, firearm ownership issues, etc.
Just my opinion . . .
What was that book called? The Brave New Forum?
Old 11-22-2020, 04:26 PM
Moderator and Sponsor

Super threads are great actually. I will comment that having a few super threads is a bit more cohesive than just one, such as say a Canadian politics super thread and a US politics super thread and a Gun Laws super thread, a Covid super thread etc. They don't need to be sticky threads or anything, but just all convo about the same topic goes in one thread.

All in all it is a step in a good direction! I am as time goes on and it gets figured out by everyone, tweaks here and there might help but overall, I am happy to see some legit attempts to keep things on track and open at the same time.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bob@urbanexp.ca
www.urbanexp.ca
Old 11-22-2020, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Ok wait .... are you saying all political discussion, including different discussions and topics are all mixed into one singe "super thread"?

That makes zero sense to me.

That will end up a giant mixed mess of disjointed, hard to follow, chaotic garbage - so, I guess just like most political threads end up anyway. Just much worse now.

Not very well thought out guys - sorry.
You have posted maybe 1000 times I hate Trump, so instead of the super thread do us all a favor an get a printing pad to write on , print I HATE TRUMP for 3 hour a day for 3 months and take a pic of this pile of paper and post it on the super tread. We won't be confused at all. We know your thoughts very well.

Have a great xmas and happy new years to you and your whole family,hopefully everyone is fine and healthy and see you in 90 days. Stay safe during this covid time xoxoxox to you

ALL THE BEST
JD
Old 11-22-2020, 04:59 PM

I think that this is a great idea, as it may discourage some people from posting political propaganda, if we are really lucky, some of the people that only come here to argue politics, may go elsewhere.
Old 11-22-2020, 05:04 PM

Now just need to create a Covid-19 SUPER SPREAD THREAD. (Thereís only one virus, one pandemic.)

The politics of face coverings, hand washing and social distancing could go here.

Speaking of which, havenít heard much from the Anti-Hand-Washers folks.
Old 11-22-2020, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinAlberta View Post
Now just need to create a Covid-19 SUPER SPREAD THREAD. (Thereís only one virus, one pandemic.)

The politics of face coverings, hand washing and social distancing could go here.

Speaking of which, havenít heard much from the Anti-Hand-Washers folks.
To tell you the truth I didnít even know that was a thing, just anti maskers.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:53 PM

I endorse Super Politics.
Old 11-22-2020, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVA7mm View Post
Sub category for left-of-center

Sub category for right-of -center

Both require an entrance exam lol.
^ ^ THIS
Old 11-22-2020, 08:10 PM

Trump is a ton skinnier than he was in the beginning of his term,, what you say? 232? Definitely not 270
Old 11-22-2020, 09:00 PM

One single topic of:
Politics.

This should be a really cohesive, easy to follow thread.

This is effectively banning political conversation, without technically banning political conversation.

Oh well, I guess we may as well get used to the idea.
I think criticizing the party in power is going to become increasingly difficult, and eventually illegal altogether.
Old 11-22-2020, 09:59 PM

Iím wondering whoís going to can Sydney Powell.
Old 11-22-2020, 10:18 PM

Quote:
To tell you the truth I didnít even know that was a thing, just anti maskers.
As far as I know it isnít. And isn't that just bizarre?

So people can be told they have to wash their hands and social distance and theyíre just fine with that but that they should put on a mask* and ďOMG... itís state overreach, itís totalitarianism, itís communism... itís now a police state...Ē

* canít even take such a minor effort for a possibly positive pay off. Yet I bet 100% of anti-maskers would be shocked - and hugely indignant - if an un-masked surgeon leaned over them on an operating table. Itís the old: ďgood for the goose but not the ganderĒ thing. No recognition that acting with an over abundance of caution may sometimes be the right thing to do in the face of uncertainty.

Last edited by KinAlberta; 11-22-2020 at 10:26 PM.
Old 11-22-2020, 10:40 PM

Just like I said , the super derail thread. Canít even stick to the titled topic for 1 page. I expect by page 4 it will be which is better a 270 or a 3006
Old 11-22-2020, 11:16 PM

'It ain't the Alberta way . . . . or, is it?'
No politics! Just stick to the real important stuff, like . . . "what's the best binocular strap?" or "does this camo pattern make me look fat?" or how high to you lace your boots?" . . . . . . . and other 'deep' subjects.
Old 11-22-2020, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
just like i said , the super derail thread. Canít even stick to the titled topic for 1 page. I expect by page 4 it will be which is better a 270 or a 3006
Old 11-22-2020, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Trudeau ainít so bad.
Just about done that bottle of bourbon Moose?

Thank you for the laugh
Old 11-22-2020, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head Lice View Post
'It ain't the Alberta way . . . . or, is it?'
No politics! Just stick to the real important stuff, like . . . "what's the best binocular strap?" or "does this camo pattern make me look fat?" or how high to you lace your boots?" . . . . . . . and other 'deep' subjects.
There is always the option to bugger off if you don't like outdoors related talk. In fact, I'd suggest it.
Old 11-23-2020, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVA7mm View Post

Well done.
Old 11-23-2020, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankbait View Post
trump is a ton skinnier than he was in the beginning of his term,, what you say? 232? Definitely not 270

300.6?
Old 11-23-2020, 07:37 AM

Default Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Ok wait .... are you saying all political discussion, including different discussions and topics are all mixed into one singe "super thread"?

That makes zero sense to me.

That will end up a giant mixed mess of disjointed, hard to follow, chaotic garbage - so, I guess just like most political threads end up anyway. Just much worse now.

Not very well thought out guys - sorry.
X2
Old 11-23-2020, 07:45 AM

Default Uuuummmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip-in-Z View Post
My past thread at least had some benefit.

Tks Mod's

David
I thought you were never ever ever going to post on a political thread again.
And after raising a Big Stink here you are again posting in the Super Politics Thread once again.
Kinda ticks me off and I rarely get mad.
Old 11-23-2020, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckCuller View Post
I thought you were never ever ever going to post on a political thread again.
And after raising a Big Stink here you are again posting in the Super Politics Thread once again.
Kinda ticks me off and I rarely get mad.
Lest you think that Zip n Z had anything to do with this, you are wrong. Mods have wrestled with what to do with politics since it was reinstated by the magazine. Obviously, this was their decision. They are big boys. Take it out on them.

Trust me on this. More of the membership would rather not have politics than have it. They just refuse to get involved in the pizzing match threads about it. I heard from members non stop before it was banned and after it was reinstated.

Now, I am just happy I don't have to moderate it, as are likely many of you. I had to boot more people because of politics than all the other threads combined. Good guys who loved the outdoors, but would become idiots because of politics.
Old 11-23-2020, 08:13 AM

Wait for the hiding in basement jabs like whatshisface got in the states.

Albertans asking #WhereisKenney as province sets COVID-19 record again | CTV News

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/albertan...gain-1.5200269
Old 11-23-2020, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Lest you think that Zip n Z had anything to do with this, you are wrong. Mods have wrestled with what to do with politics since it was reinstated by the magazine. Obviously, this was their decision. They are big boys. Take it out on them.

Trust me on this. More of the membership would rather not have politics than have it. They just refuse to get involved in the pizzing match threads about it. I heard from members non stop before it was banned and after it was reinstated.

Now, I am just happy I don't have to moderate it, as are likely many of you. I had to boot more people because of politics than all the other threads combined. Good guys who loved the outdoors, but would become idiots because of politics.
Iím not taking anything out on anyone. I did not say he changed the way politics discussion will be suppressed. To accuse me of accusing him of doing that is wrong of you.
My facts state that he raised a stink and said he would never post on a political thread again.
If you are saying that he did not say this you are wrong twice.
Oh and the mad part is him being a hypocrite and that is all.
Old 11-23-2020, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckCuller View Post
Iím not taking anything out on anyone. I did not say he changed the way politics discussion will be suppressed. To accuse me of accusing him of doing that is wrong of you.
My facts state that he raised a stink and said he would never post on a political thread again.
If you are saying that he did not say this you are wrong twice.
Oh and the mad part is him being a hypocrite and that is all.
Lest you think that Zip n Z had anything to do with this, you are wrong.

This ^^^^ is an accusation????